Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2017, 10:44 PM   #21

State: Arkansas
THOR #8270
Yes, a diesel pusher. 360hp, 800 torque

Old 07-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #22

THOR #8270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratmanstudio View Post
Floor plan reminds me of my 34.2 Miramar, slightly bigger, is it a diesel pusher?

Yes. It is a diesel pusher
Old 07-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #23

State: California
THOR #8228
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCBrown View Post
Yes, a diesel pusher. 360hp, 800 torque
Nice! We almost got the DP but wife wanted out door kitchen

Sent from my SM-N910P using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 07-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #24

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyeuse View Post
We just purchased an Aria (model 3401) as an upgrade from the Thor Vegas 25.3 we used for about 14 months. Just brought it home 2 days ago & we'll be taking it out for its maiden voyage in less than a week. We did have 2 additional solar panels installed for more dry camping versatility. They're pretty tough to find right now & the factory rep said that orders placed now aren't shipping until December, so we were lucky to snag ours (it was the last one available in our state).

So far, so good although we did have a few minor issues that weren't addressed by the dealer that were addressed today (fantastic service over a holiday weekend!). It's an amazing motor coach & is much easier to drive than the Thor Vegas was!...

One really strange issue was that the fan that's hooked into the solar/inductor system stayed on for about 15 hours after the coach was powered down (but we had the house batteries still connected). Once we disabled/turned off the house batteries, the fan turned off. The technician who took care of the other issues told us that it was normal for the fan to run for hours and hours after the coach was powered down. I couldn't find anything that talked about this in any of the manuals anywhere or on any other forums, so I thought I'd mention it here.

It's a stunningly beautiful motor coach! I'm looking forward to using it for many years. :-)
If you are talking about the fan in the passenger rear compartment it is there to cool the inverter. it works off of a thermister in side the compartment. It is located next to the engine so it runs a long time after coach is shut down.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #25

Model: Tuscany
State: North Carolina
THOR #3656
Been looking at the 3401 & 3601. Never owned a Motor Home before, kind of leaning towards the 3401. How has it been for y'all so far.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:50 PM   #26

State: Florida
THOR #8722
We have a 2018 Aria 3901

We picked up our 2018 Aria 3901 two weeks ago and left on a 2000 mile, 12 day shakedown trip from Ocala to Pittsburgh and back via Mammoth Cave National Park. We returned last night. Lots, and I mean LOTS, of problems. The 360 HP engine functioned perfectly, as did the generator and two toilets. That's the important stuff. But just about everything else didn't work or failed along the way. You name it, and it broke. We love the design and will drop it off at Camping World (where we bought it) next week with a four page typed list of things that didn't work part of the time or all of the time. All minor stuff (I hope) but a shakedown trip is highly recommended. Examples of problems: No hot water since the hot water heater would not work with either LP gas or electric. The Nuwave stove top worked at times and froze up at times. We had to reset the breaker to get it to unfreeze. The jack leveling system broke and we quit using it. A hydraulic fluid leak somewhere. We went through a lot of rain and there was a leak running somewhere along the floor (one time) and ALL of the bays got very wet inside. The tilt bed was a nightmare but that may be because there were no instructions on how to operate it. We had a terrible time each day trying to get the bedroom slideout to operate due to the tilt bed not letting it move. Water hose to the kitchen sink crimped so no water. No water to the ice maker and that is probably another crimp. No vent hose to the dryer. I jury rigged a vent. None of the televisions received cable. The 55 inch TV lift system broke when one of the stop rings became unattached. The black tank indicator went between 33 percent full to full constantly. City water fill to water tank not working. We had to manually fill it. Ever so often, even on 50 amp service, something would blow and we would lose most of the electric to the coach (if not all), and then eventually, it would come back on so that appears to be an Inverter problem. The breakers never tripped. There is an overload safeguard I think to the Inverter I think and we may need a more powerful inverter. There's more but that is the basic big stuff. I'll stop here and let everyone know how the result of the repairs. Hopefully, all of these repairs can be executed quickly and efficiently.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #27

THOR #8270
We took delivery of our 3601 about 2 weeks ago. We stayed a few nights at the RV park next to the dealer to check it out. We ended up leaving the rig with the dealer to address a few issues before driving it home. (This was our plan from the start). The dealer was Lazydays Tucson and did an exceptional job working on our list plus some others they found. They had a Thor rep fly to their location to help with the slide issue. We now have the RV and love the layout and everything it has to offer. Lazydays did an exceptional job and would highly recommend them here in Tucson.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #28

State: Washington
THOR #8956
Hi, I can you tell me is you had issues with the bedroom slide? Ours is stuck out. Thank you!
Old 08-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #29

State: Washington
THOR #8956
We could really use advice on the bed and slide please. We're supposed to be on the road and stuck.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:16 PM   #30
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Lashes View Post
We could really use advice on the bed and slide please. We're supposed to be on the road and stuck.
Just answered your other thread...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #31
CSR

Model: Aria 3901
State: Minnesota
THOR #6177
I responded to your other post, but thought I would drop it in here also (See below):

Are you referring to the confusing issue where the arrow to bring the slide IN does not display on the multiplex panel? If yes, another Aria owner shared this tip with me recently and it works perfectly.

STEP 1:
Press the spot where the arrow should be and you will get a "locked" message along with a flashing notice about the lift bed.

STEP 2:
WAIT approximately 20-30 seconds and the message will go away and the arrow will appear.

Works every time. I hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #32

Model: OMNI XG32
THOR #8136
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR View Post
I responded to your other post, but thought I would drop it in here also (See below):

Are you referring to the confusing issue where the arrow to bring the slide IN does not display on the multiplex panel? If yes, another Aria owner shared this tip with me recently and it works perfectly.

STEP 1:
Press the spot where the arrow should be and you will get a "locked" message along with a flashing notice about the lift bed.

STEP 2:
WAIT approximately 20-30 seconds and the message will go away and the arrow will appear.

Works every time. I hope this helps.
I will also add that if you don't manually tilt the bed, the button on the control panel will do it for you! It is all automatic. Just push the bed button on the control panel and it will tilt the bed. Once tilted, the arrow comes on and then you can bring in the slide. Took me a few times to figure this out but it is pretty easy once you know.

The other trick I learned is that you have to have the engine accessory mode turned on before you can do anything with slides. (different than my fifth wheel).

Good luck!
tomdigate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:49 AM   #33

THOR #9073
I have an Aria 3901. Very nice coach. Couple of issues with mine. The cab air conditioner was defective and is being addressed. And the cold water line on the water heater was improperly installed and caused a major leak in the rear bathroom behind the walls. Other that those issues, the Aria runs great, rides very smooth and is very comfortable. Very nice coach.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:48 AM   #34

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #5052
I'm looking forward to checking out the Aria 4000. Another option in the diesel offerings with bunks and 2 bathrooms.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/aria/floor-plans/4000/

https://youtu.be/8LdSDjC9pcg
Old 09-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #35

Model: Aria 3401
THOR #8959
We purchased a 3401 a few weeks ago. Down sized from a 45' Dynasty. We are impressed with the layout. Good management of available space. Just exactly what we were looking for in a shorter rig for two. We had a few challenges with electronics however the Dealer, See Grim in Gilroy CA , Thor customer service / the tech line and Firefly intergrations have all been outstanding in getting all our questions answered and issues resolved. Thor we believe hit the nail on the head here with their target for the Aria. We have RV'd 40 something states and over 50,000 miles and are looking forward to state and national parks with this "smaller" rig.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #36

Model: Aria 3401
THOR #9378
My wife and I Purchased a 2017 Aria 3401 in Late June 2017. We go non stop from May to October each year so we have about 3,500 miles on it. Have a list of small issues to be handled but nothing major. I'm concerned about the Spyder Firefly Networking system for the house electrics. Last night both remotes for the galley and bath fan hatch lifts stopped working. The remotes fan and light buttons still work. Remote batteries are fine. Base unit on the wall still drives hatches. I doubt anyone can help with this system but I'm going to need to learn all about it. Headed for the Thor Diesel Rally next week and hopping for some answers.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:51 AM   #37

THOR #10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyeuse View Post
We just purchased an Aria (model 3401) as an upgrade from the Thor Vegas 25.3 we used for about 14 months. Just brought it home 2 days ago & we'll be taking it out for its maiden voyage in less than a week. We did have 2 additional solar panels installed for more dry camping versatility. They're pretty tough to find right now & the factory rep said that orders placed now aren't shipping until December, so we were lucky to snag ours (it was the last one available in our state).

So far, so good although we did have a few minor issues that weren't addressed by the dealer that were addressed today (fantastic service over a holiday weekend!). It's an amazing motor coach & is much easier to drive than the Thor Vegas was!...

One really strange issue was that the fan that's hooked into the solar/inductor system stayed on for about 15 hours after the coach was powered down (but we had the house batteries still connected). Once we disabled/turned off the house batteries, the fan turned off. The technician who took care of the other issues told us that it was normal for the fan to run for hours and hours after the coach was powered down. I couldn't find anything that talked about this in any of the manuals anywhere or on any other forums, so I thought I'd mention it here.

It's a stunningly beautiful motor coach! I'm looking forward to using it for many years. :-)

Joyuse - what did they charge you to add the two solar panels? Did you have yo add any batteries? I know they system was suppose to be expandable to 3 panels with equipment originally installed. How is the solar doing got you?

Rob
Old 01-18-2018, 01:58 AM   #38

State: Ohio
THOR #10501
Just came across this forum. We're close to purchasing our next motorhome. We came across the Aria 3901 at the local RV show. Looking for any updates from owners on how their units are doing, quality,problems, performance, etc.

Thanks, Don
Old 01-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #39

State: Texas
THOR #10583
Quote:
Originally Posted by don and kim View Post
Just came across this forum. We're close to purchasing our next motorhome. We came across the Aria 3901 at the local RV show. Looking for any updates from owners on how their units are doing, quality,problems, performance, etc.

Thanks, Don
Likewise interested on updates on any of the Aria's, but particularly on the 3901. Had a chance to go thru one at our local Camping World and are pretty interested in it. Seen a lot of them hovering around the $222k mark. Anybody have any advice on finding them cheaper?
Old 01-27-2018, 08:25 PM   #40

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesgt281 View Post
Likewise interested on updates on any of the Aria's, but particularly on the 3901. Had a chance to go thru one at our local Camping World and are pretty interested in it. Seen a lot of them hovering around the $222k mark. Anybody have any advice on finding them cheaper?
Can't help much on pricing at different dealers. I can tell you that after some initial quality issues, the more time we spend with it , the more we like it.

Tags
3901, aria