Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2018, 02:37 AM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #10583
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1noel View Post
Can't help much on pricing at different dealers. I can tell you that after some initial quality issues, the more time we spend with it , the more we like it.
Glad to hear you're still happy with it

Old 01-28-2018, 06:03 PM   #42

State: Arkansas
THOR #10401
At the Hershey Show last fall they had them at $199K best pricing I’ve seen anywhere.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:10 PM   #43

THOR #10583
Thanks...and yes, that beats anything I've seen so far.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #44

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #10385
I am picking up a 3901 at A+L RV IN kODAK TN in April for 206809.00
Old 02-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #45

Model: 3901 Aria
THOR #10829
Have owned the 3901 since May 2017. Wonderful floor plan, smooth coach. Some minor issues, as it was a new motorhome, but other issues that makes me alarmed. The invertor has failed 3 times, and was replaced 3 times. This is a serious item, as nothing in the coach will work if the invertor fails. Once it does fail, it will not allow the "pass thru", so no power to the coach at all. The other alarming issue was the electric motor in the large slide failed after about 3 months. I am hoping this was just a one time deal, but it sure puts a delay on the trip when you are hallway in it, and the slide does not work anymore. I will say that Thor customer service has been a great help, and they do their best to get issues resolved. There is also a excessive wind noise coming from the drivers side front windshield while traveling. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 02-26-2018, 05:35 PM   #46

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad@era.com View Post
Have owned the 3901 since May 2017. Wonderful floor plan, smooth coach. Some minor issues, as it was a new motorhome, but other issues that makes me alarmed. The invertor has failed 3 times, and was replaced 3 times. This is a serious item, as nothing in the coach will work if the invertor fails. Once it does fail, it will not allow the "pass thru", so no power to the coach at all. The other alarming issue was the electric motor in the large slide failed after about 3 months. I am hoping this was just a one time deal, but it sure puts a delay on the trip when you are hallway in it, and the slide does not work anymore. I will say that Thor customer service has been a great help, and they do their best to get issues resolved. There is also a excessive wind noise coming from the drivers side front windshield while traveling. Has anyone else heard this?
Don't have the wind noise issue. Hope we won't have any slide issues. Our inverter was changed to a pure sine wave model because of the incompatibility with the GFI circuit. No issues since.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #47

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
It's a good possibility that my "tri-focals" struck again
My bad... Didn't "see" that the appliances are on a "Full wall slide.. NO THANKS!
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:48 PM   #48

State: Alabama
THOR #10694
We purchased a new aria 3601 last May and we are thrilled at how well the coach handles on the road and also the comforts of home when we are parked. We are new to the RV lifestyle and so far we are very happy with our purchase, but, we were told that it would take at least 9 month to work out all the bugs of a new RV. They were right!!!!! I can’t believe a company will send out a product that hasn’t been inspected and make the dealership fix all of there problems. Much different from the automotive world. We are getting close, but our last question is why fireplace won’t produce heat. It has worked a few times but mostly does not. I did read a earlier post about water heater being on same circuit, I will need to check that out.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:22 AM   #49

THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmiller View Post
We purchased a new aria 3601 last May and we are thrilled at how well the coach handles on the road and also the comforts of home when we are parked. We are new to the RV lifestyle and so far we are very happy with our purchase, but, we were told that it would take at least 9 month to work out all the bugs of a new RV. They were right!!!!! I can’t believe a company will send out a product that hasn’t been inspected and make the dealership fix all of there problems. Much different from the automotive world. We are getting close, but our last question is why fireplace won’t produce heat. It has worked a few times but mostly does not. I did read a earlier post about water heater being on same circuit, I will need to check that out.
I'm not sure about the 3601, but in the 3901 the rear of the fireplace, including the thermostat is in the same compartment as the furnace. So, with ours, the fireplace will only produce heat until the furnace warms up the cabinet. It works perfectly when the furnace is not running (and the water heater is not heating on AC).
Old 03-15-2018, 12:29 AM   #50

THOR #8505
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmiller View Post
I have a 2018 model 3901 and it's very well designed but the production line is lacking. Properly installed awning, stone guard, fresh water tank filler valve, fireplace controls, sink leaks are some of the shortcomings. Nothing critical but still extremely bothersome. I have tried to get these fixed under warranty. Finding a competent dealer that will honor Thor's warranty is a huge shortcoming for the company and is sure to limit sales.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #51

THOR #8505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeyenole View Post
We picked up our 2018 Aria 3901 two weeks ago and left on a 2000 mile, 12 day shakedown trip from Ocala to Pittsburgh and back via Mammoth Cave National Park. We returned last night. Lots, and I mean LOTS, of problems. The 360 HP engine functioned perfectly, as did the generator and two toilets. That's the important stuff. But just about everything else didn't work or failed along the way. You name it, and it broke. We love the design and will drop it off at Camping World (where we bought it) next week with a four page typed list of things that didn't work part of the time or all of the time. All minor stuff (I hope) but a shakedown trip is highly recommended. Examples of problems: No hot water since the hot water heater would not work with either LP gas or electric. The Nuwave stove top worked at times and froze up at times. We had to reset the breaker to get it to unfreeze. The jack leveling system broke and we quit using it. A hydraulic fluid leak somewhere. We went through a lot of rain and there was a leak running somewhere along the floor (one time) and ALL of the bays got very wet inside. The tilt bed was a nightmare but that may be because there were no instructions on how to operate it. We had a terrible time each day trying to get the bedroom slideout to operate due to the tilt bed not letting it move. Water hose to the kitchen sink crimped so no water. No water to the ice maker and that is probably another crimp. No vent hose to the dryer. I jury rigged a vent. None of the televisions received cable. The 55 inch TV lift system broke when one of the stop rings became unattached. The black tank indicator went between 33 percent full to full constantly. City water fill to water tank not working. We had to manually fill it. Ever so often, even on 50 amp service, something would blow and we would lose most of the electric to the coach (if not all), and then eventually, it would come back on so that appears to be an Inverter problem. The breakers never tripped. There is an overload safeguard I think to the Inverter I think and we may need a more powerful inverter. There's more but that is the basic big stuff. I'll stop here and let everyone know how the result of the repairs. Hopefully, all of these repairs can be executed quickly and efficiently. [emoji144]
Wow! Your list makes mine seem short. Hang in there. You're not alone.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:50 PM   #52

THOR #10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBAston View Post
Wow! Your list makes mine seem short. Hang in there. You're not alone.

It’s hard the figure out how a company can be so good at the design and marketing aspects but so poor with the details and the quality control.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:03 PM   #53

Model: Palazzo 37.4
State: New York
THOR #11044
How was traveling with all the slides in. I saw a picture with the slides in and there was very little room to walk back to the bathroom, do you have to climb over the bed to get to the master bath?
Old 03-23-2018, 08:22 PM   #54

THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstreak View Post
How was traveling with all the slides in. I saw a picture with the slides in and there was very little room to walk back to the bathroom, do you have to climb over the bed to get to the master bath?
No, you can't get to the rear bath with slides in without clambering over the bed. Traveling and getting to the mid bath has been no issue.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:19 AM   #55

State: Iowa
THOR #12878
Aria 3901 Lci jack feet

Have new 3901 and when putting jacks down they would break boards and just punch down into whatever surface was camping on. Upon closer inspection found the feet to be curved on the bottom almost rounded, this was putting all the weight on the center of the pad. Had already bought Snappads for a Palazzo and moved them to the Aria. They went on hard because of the shape of the feet. On a gravel campsite, one of the feet folded into 3 sections and punched thru the Snappad and sunk about 5 inches into the gravel. Thor sent me a replacement foot and it is flat on the bottom like the Palazzo was. Anyone else have rounded jack pads or are all my pads bent? From the center of the pad is 1.5 inches below the outside. The remaining feet are all like the picture, very uniform.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	feet1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	12566   Click image for larger version

Name:	feet2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	12567  

Old 09-03-2018, 02:29 AM   #56

THOR #9660
jack feet

Our feet are just like yours. I put snap pads on before we ever went camping. The snap pads would not stay on due to the curvature of the feet, so I put carriage bolts through the snap pads with the nuts on top of the feet. We have camped in a couple of pretty soft spots so far without issues. On one of the really soft spots I had to put some wood blocks down because the whole snap pad sunk. I have seen that Lippert does sell replacement feet that are 12 inch diameter.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:32 AM   #57

THOR #12878
I am going to try the 12" pads, thanks for the response! Happy Camping!
Old 09-03-2018, 03:38 AM   #58

State: California
THOR #9073
Aria 3901

Yes... I bought one last year. Great riding coach. We had one minor issue with the water heater hot water line leaking, and a cold water line leak behind the washer. As for the overall experience of owning the Aria, we love ours.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:42 AM   #59

THOR #12878
Aria Mud flap

Bought new 2018 Aria 3901. Looking at videos posted from dealers, looks like it comes with a mud flap. Looking underneath it looks like the eyelets are installed but dealer say they no longer come from factory. Any one have a 2018 that came with a mud flap?
Old 09-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #60

THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohTangFred View Post
Bought new 2018 Aria 3901. Looking at videos posted from dealers, looks like it comes with a mud flap. Looking underneath it looks like the eyelets are installed but dealer say they no longer come from factory. Any one have a 2018 that came with a mud flap?
Our 2018 had one shipped in the lower compartment, dealer installed it before we picked it up.

Tags
3901, aria