Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
I'm just sad for you.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:16 PM   #42

Model: Aria 3901
State: Maine
THOR #10229
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTerriEdwards View Post
We do have that issue, but now another one. Our windshield was damaged by a hail storm and we ordered a factory one to replace. It was to be put on last Thursday. The one ordered did not fit. The company says it is Thorís fault due to the shape of the window and Thor said to try another manufacturer. The problem is, we cannot drive the RV and we live in it. Since last Thursday and until someone helps us, we are parked behind a shop owned by Wade's RV in Oklahoma. We are almost ready to quit on our dream of travel. We still get wet in bed when it rains, and we can see outside under the furniture, because no seals were installed inside on the slides. We are not happy with our 2019 Aria 3901, to say the least. We are very positive people, but we are wearing down stuck by a pile of tires and with no septic. : (
I am so sorry you are having so much trouble. We also bought an 3901 Aria and had nothing but trouble with it. I told my wife, I am not spending my retirement years fighting with this unit which will never be right. After owning for 1 year, we traded for a Tiffin product and are now happy again. It cost us a lot to trade out of it but I am so glad we did. Good luck. I hope you find happiness in your travels. Life is short, don't suffer, TRADE.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #43

Model: Palazzo 33.3 34'bunkhouse
State: North Carolina
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebo53AZ View Post
Mine was kicking all the time. Bought and installed a heavy duty commercial GFI and it has worked fine ever since
This is a good example of why I think that the raw 'assumption' that just because you have a modified sine wave inverter you somehow can't operate GFCI outlets, or especially the 'newer' type....but my thought is that it is really the OUTLET that is the issue, and/or the wiring, but NOT the inverter itself...

try changing out the GFCI to a 'regular' type, and I'm sure you'll have no further issues... that seems a lot simpler and much more economical that thinking you have to change out an inverter.

Our Magnum ME2012 has worked flawlessly for over four years and 85,000 miles and a LOT of dry-camping overnights, 580 hours of generator use, and many various and different types of shore power, 15a, dual 15/15amp, 20a, 30amp, dual 20/30 amps, dual 30/30amp, 50amp(100amps), etc., and never any issue with our GFCI outlet/circuit.

Tags
3901, aria, electric problem, gfci, gfi, inverter, magnum