Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2016, 02:33 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New York
THOR #3401
Angry Never Ending Issues with Axis 24.1

Purchased this unit new in late 2014, 2015 model, and have had never ending issues. Thor even took unit back to factory to perform something of which I never was told all the items a factory representative found. So, the unit is due for a new state inspection and thus took to a inspection station that can issue Heavy Inspection stickers and of course perform the required state issues. Well they found two running lights that would not work and seems at first glance it is the actual unit that is defective and not just bulbs. So, need to take the unit to the original dealer some 60 miles away. All please keep in mind have owned this unit for nearly three years and have never used the unit as designed, class A RV, due to so many issues. These issues have been recorded in many places. Now me thinking since unit is now scheduled for a return to dealership the 27th of this month I thought maybe should drive the unit some to ensure there is no other issues. Well found in the somewhat short distance that the bathroom door would not stay in the closed position, kept opening while on the road, not rough road either. Well making my return home bathroom door flew open once again and came out of the track and now could not close the door. I am sure that on the 27th for my return to the dealership there will be some discussion on the unit performance and that I must pay for not only the running lights, but the bathroom door problem. I can only say based on my experience with Thor and this product, NO ONE should ever make a purchase of a Thor built product.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:02 AM   #2

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRohan View Post
Purchased this unit new in late 2014, 2015 model, and have had never ending issues. Thor even took unit back to factory to perform something of which I never was told all the items a factory representative found. So, the unit is due for a new state inspection and thus took to a inspection station that can issue Heavy Inspection stickers and of course perform the required state issues. Well they found two running lights that would not work and seems at first glance it is the actual unit that is defective and not just bulbs. So, need to take the unit to the original dealer some 60 miles away. All please keep in mind have owned this unit for nearly three years and have never used the unit as designed, class A RV, due to so many issues. These issues have been recorded in many places. Now me thinking since unit is now scheduled for a return to dealership the 27th of this month I thought maybe should drive the unit some to ensure there is no other issues. Well found in the somewhat short distance that the bathroom door would not stay in the closed position, kept opening while on the road, not rough road either. Well making my return home bathroom door flew open once again and came out of the track and now could not close the door. I am sure that on the 27th for my return to the dealership there will be some discussion on the unit performance and that I must pay for not only the running lights, but the bathroom door problem. I can only say based on my experience with Thor and this product, NO ONE should ever make a purchase of a Thor built product.
Very sorry to hear of your ongoing problems. It does appear that the early Axis/Vegas models had some quality control problems that should not have happened. Our 16 model 24.1 Axis hasn't been perfect but we didn't pay $400k for it either. Even those purchasers seem to have their problems. As we have said before, the RV industry is a different animal.... not to be confused with the also screwed up auto industry.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Our Axis is about a year older than yours with out as many problems.

We did have an issue with the bathroom door opening while on the road--at one point it jammed up against the refer such that it was a bear to get closed again. The problem here is that silly pin design. For what it is its pretty clever but that pin won't last forever. I supplemented it with a magnetic drawer latch when closed (and now I get complaints from the family that they can't open the bathroom door! LOL).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Sorry to hear about the quality issues with your Axis. We have the 2015 Axis 24.1 and couldn't be happier. Had some minor issues early and many were detected during the PDI or first early months, but has been trouble free since (knock wood).

The bathroom door pin is adjustable so it won't come out of the catch. It came out during our test drive with the sales tech but has held up well since the maintenance technician made an adjustment. It shows no sign of wear and tear now after 2+ years usage.

Suppose ours wasn't built on a Monday or Friday.

Hope you can get your problems resolved and can enjoy it.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #5

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Our 2015 Vegas 24.1 had very few quality issues. We are very careful operating the pin for the door and we have had no problems with it after over 100 days camping and 8800 miles.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 PM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #4366
We had a few issues but going through Thor's funny process got everything fixed. We have the updated bathroom and the trim piece swells in humid weather so it can be closed unless you open both doors then close together.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote