Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2015, 11:07 PM   #41
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Not Happy: See the attached diagram: Only bathroom sink & toilet should be going to black tank.

Shower and kitchen sink go to grey.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Axis241DrainageLayout.pdf (63.4 KB, 93 views)

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #42

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alaska
THOR #3075
thor axis

no hdmi cable to shelf, there is a 110 outlet behind the tv,, had to make a tool to unlatch the tv to connect a cable, it was supposed to play DVD on the front tv when we ordered it, the bedroom tv does play DVD
the sewer drain doesn't rotate it got screwed and glued in place.
this is the only motorhome/camper that had sink and shower to black water
have had many motor home/campers, have had coachmen, winnebago, toyota, bounder, scamp and starcraft, ones with only 1 sewer tank had a chemical toilet that didn't drain into the tank.
the axis has been in the shop since Feb, still there, haven't been able to use it since september 2014, bought April 2014.
had pages of items that needed to be fixed.
oh and had black water come up in the shower...
when asked thor said that they sometimes run them to the black water tank
Old 10-19-2015, 08:33 PM   #43

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
I personally like having the bathroom sink go to the black tank. In previous RVs we have had difficulty getting enough water into the black tank unless we just stood there and held down the flush valve. Have not had that issue with this unit.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:18 PM   #44

State: Alaska
THOR #3075
issue is black tank fills up and grey tank is nearly empty, and shower to black tank is bad idea as it is a low point and have had black water come up into the shower just from driving up/down an incline to get into/out of gas station.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #45

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Our shower does not go into the black tank. Just the bathroom sink. So no issue with the shower.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:49 AM   #46

State: Texas
THOR #2121
I saw my first FR3 on the road today on I-77, and from a distance it looked much lower and wider than dimensions would suggest. It looked well planted to road -- although that's just a visual perspective.

During the last two days and about 1,000 miles traveling north from Florida I've also seen three Axis/Vegas and two Reyo/Via heading south. Considering the Reyo/Via has been in market much longer than Axis/Vegas, it suggests to me that the Axis/Vegas may be selling at a faster rate. Granted this is a very small sample to draw conclusions on.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:34 AM   #47
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Chance,

My experience was the opposite. During my recent trip I saw a Reyo/Via and there was an FR3 at the campgrounds. I did not see a single Axis/Vegas the entire week and I saw a lot of motorhomes heading West to Asheville for the FMCA GEAR on I40.

In fact, since I joined the forum I have yet to see an Axis/Vegas on the road or in any campground I have stayed at. I have seen and talked to owners of Wind Sport, Hurricane, ACE, Miramar and Outlaw as well as various Class C models and diesel pushers but I have yet to run across an Axis or Vegas. The one I encounter and see most is the ACE.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #48

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
I have seen an ACE on the road but no Axis/Vegas. BUT, when we set up at a site there is a lot of interest in our Vegas.

Spooked us at one site, the security guard came over as we were registering and took pictures on his cell phone! Talked to the DW while I was in the office he said "My wife would love one of these".

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #49
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
I sporadically see Axis/Vegas units on the road. Have only seen 1 other one in a campground with us.

I do see a lot more ACE units around.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #50
MWL

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Louisiana
THOR #1509
On trip last week to Asheville, saw an Axis on I-65 S just out of Montgomery, Alabama and then saw another on I-75 N in Chattanooga, TN.

Mike
Old 10-21-2015, 01:05 AM   #51

THOR #2121
Saw another Axis or Vegas today just before noon on I-79 south of Erie, PA.

There were a lot of motorhomes traveling south as we traveled north. We were paying attention to see if there was a pattern between motorhome size and whether they were towing a toad. And there appears to be. The larger the motorhome the more likely it was towing a car or car trailer.

Didn't see any Class Bs towing a car. Most +/- 40 footers were towing. Smaller Class As and Cs go both ways. Basically what we expected.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:37 PM   #52

THOR #2121
Yesterday on I-95 while traveling south in North Carolina I spotted another Axis or Vegas going in opposite direction, and not more than a few minutes later I saw way in front of me what appeared to be a compact low-profile trailer. Tires were small and set out to edges of body, much as expected in small trailers.

As I approached from behind I realized it was a Euro-style Class A like the ones we've been discussing on this thread. I asked my wife to snap a couple of pictures as we passed by. While I'm sure it was far roomier than a van, the footprint didn't seem much larger than my extended E-Series van. Maybe a few feet longer.

Today in a rest area (think it may have been Georgia welcome center) I saw an Axis and a Via/Reyo parked around mid morning. I'm really glad to see that these compact Class As are becoming more popular.

By the way, cracked windshield thanks to truck in PA. Started small but cracked during cold night in Canada. Oh well, at least they are very common and easy to get replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	983  
Old 10-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #53
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Not only Euro style but Euro license plate!
Old 10-27-2015, 01:02 AM   #54

THOR #2121
I have no idea what the "Holland" designation on back represents/means, but found a picture that matches. The only difference I see is the bar on edge of roof which does appear on other photos.

I wish I knew how a motorhome like that ends up on US roads.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	984  
Old 10-27-2015, 01:27 AM   #55
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Here is the website for the manufacturer

Globebus Active

Looking at the original post there are family names on the right behind the bikes. I'll bet Holland is either where they are from or their last name.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:16 AM   #56

State: New Mexico
THOR #2948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
...I wish I knew how a motorhome like that ends up on US roads.
Here's one way: https://www.sea-bridge.de/html/versc...nguage=English

Given the difference in fuel costs between Europe and the U.S., I imagine many Europeans find it cost effective to bring a motorhome over if they plan a lengthy tour of North America. As that Sea-Bridge site notes, RVs can be imported into the U.S. "for 12 months duty free and without adherence to other U.S. customs regulations. Technical modifications are not necessary."

Sea Bridge links to this half-hour video to promote the practice:
Old 10-27-2015, 04:34 AM   #57

State: New Mexico
THOR #2948
Speaking of European Class A motorhomes, the UK magazine Which Motorhome had a showdown of 12 Class A RVs in their August 2015 issue. I was going to attach a .pdf of the piece, but it's 8MB, and I just discovered the forum ceiling for attached pdfs is 3 MB. So here's a link to it: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=60930704912585980535
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Motorhome.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	985  
Old 10-27-2015, 03:27 PM   #58

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Here is the website for the manufacturer

Globebus Active

Looking at the original post there are family names on the right behind the bikes. I'll bet Holland is either where they are from or their last name.
Thanks Dave.

Specs are amazing. Just over 22-feet long for longest unit, 85 inches wide, and under 9-feet tall. And on a 150-inch wheelbase chassis from 7,700 to 9,350 pound GVWR. That's about the size of the biggest Ford Transit van (except lower), and literally small enough to go through a McDonalds drive thru (not that I'd want to).

Still, just a few days ago I was thinking how nice it is to be driving a van when exploring around Lake Placid because parking is only a little harder than a car. With a small Class A like this I could pretty much go anywhere I can in my van. Granted it's small inside by US Class A standards.

It would be cool to see a US manufacturer like Thor or Winnebago build a small low-profile Class A like this -- perhaps on E-350 single-rear-wheel chassis so it could also tow a trailer when needed.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #59

State: Illinois
THOR #3146
Still Looking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Guy View Post
I know that most people here have made the Axis/Vegas choice but I am still trying to get to that point. I have been looking at other 25ft gas A coaches. The FR3 appears to be along the same line but with the f53 chassis which includes the V10 3 valve engine. Did anyone consider a different coach and what made the difference? Price , Quality, Style ? Thanks for any input.
Really curious if you ended up purchasing either an Axis/Vegas or an FR3 after all the comments and suggestions. We seriously considered both of these ourselves, but after driving several, used, diesel pushers, we realized just how much better the driving experience was, compared to gassers built on a truck chassis. Plus...we decided a washer/dryer was a must for us. We ended up spending about $30K more for our used Palazzo than we expected to spend for a new Axis/Vegas or FR3, but it is just so much more coach and will keep us satisfied so much longer.

Don't get me wrong, however.... We still think the others are great little motorhomes, and they each have design elements and features that make them attractive. Let us know what you ended up with....