Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2018, 08:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12238
Axxera Radio Screen Sleep Mode

Hi All. Brand new to the site and a brand new Thor owner. Site has been very helpful. Here's my question.

The screen on the Axxera radio in the dashboard goes blank after a minute or two (sleep mode??). Is there a way to disable this so that the screen always stays on, or at least stays on for much longer than 1 minute?

The screen comes right back on when you touch it, etc., but I often glance to the screen to see what's playing or to see what is the time. I don't want to take my hands off the wheel to click the blank screen.

I don't recall it doing this when I took delivery back in April, but I could be remembering incorrectly. I can't find any of these controls in the "settings".

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:11 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum!

I would suggest you call Axxera first and see what they say. Find their number on their web site. You'll need to know the model number, which should be on the front of the unit. If it isn't an easy setting fix, go after your dealer and Thor warranty.

P;ease report back to help others.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:21 AM   #3

State: California
THOR #12268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I would suggest you call Axxera first and see what they say. Find their number on their web site. You'll need to know the model number, which should be on the front of the unit. If it isn't an easy setting fix, go after your dealer and Thor warranty.

P;ease report back to help others.
I had the same issue with my brand new outlaw. It was defective and a new one was ordered. The connection would not hold.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #4

THOR #12238
Thank you both for responding. I will start by RTFM I suppose (read the $%@$%^ manual). Then possibly call Axxera.

It is of note that the stereo does not stop playing when the screen goes blank (sleeps), it is just a black screen. As soon as it is touched, the screen appears again. Also, if I put my turn signal on it will show the camera.

I'm just looking for a way to not go into "sleep mode".

Thanks again!
Old 07-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #5

Model: Tuscany 38SQ
State: North Carolina
THOR #799
Have you gone to Settings and then go to Display? Is there a setting for the screen?
Old 07-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #6

THOR #12238
Soooo....

Tried reaching out to Axxera Support. They told me I needed to to reach out to a company called ASA Electronics. Upon reaching out to them, they told me that I needed to contact a company called Dual Electronics. I pretty much ended the run around there.

I went into my Axxera settings, and hit "Restore Defaults". A little frustrating because I had to reconnect my iPhone and reset the radio presets. But it appears to have worked. My screen no longer goes blank after a few minutes (sleep mode). I have no idea where the setting exists to make this "sleep mode" thing happen, but I won't touch it again.

As for the various support organizations....they all get a D Minus.

Thanks all for reading and your suggestions.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:00 PM   #7

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Coffee Girl, I wish I could help, but my Axxera is in a 2016 Windsport 31S and is an AV614BH model. Also, I just checked and I don't have a "spyglass" on the screen close to the volume knob.
I'm not a fan of this radio/system. It often cuts off while we're driving, then comes back on, on it's own. Obviously there's a loose connection that I can't seem to get corrected. I also lose the time and frequency settings, for no apparent reason, unless it's tied to the radio losing power!!

Tags
axxera, axxera radio, blank screen, sleep mode