Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2016, 10:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #3710
Back up camera 2016 Axis

Me again...can you leave the backup camera on all the time when driving or is it on only when backing up...the one we had in our old RV we could leave on all the time for viewing traffic behind us. Thanks.Mary

Old 03-05-2016, 10:28 PM   #2

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
If you have the Axerra radio. Push and hold mode button for more than 2 seconds. Don't think radio works when camera on all the time. To return to radio push mode again for more than 2 seconds. Axerra manual attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AV614BH Manual.pdf (2.49 MB, 596 views)
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:57 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
My audio continues without interruption when switching to backup camera but to change any audio settings I have to switch back.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:27 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Ty -- now that you mention it you are right. If I have my rear camera on all the time, the radio plays but you can't change the volume. I have to turn off the camera, readjust volume, then turn camera back on.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:41 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If you have the microphone on the rear camera I recommend adjusting your radio volume before switching to camera mode and then once in camera mode turn the volume down. If the camera microphone volume is not turned down the wind and road noise can drive you crazy until you figure out where it is coming from. That was how I found out that my Forest River Class C, after three trips, had a camera mic. I now know better with the Challenger which has a similar setup.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:50 AM   #6

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
No rear camera mic on the Vegas or Axis. I agree with TyCreek and Ed about the rear camera and the audio volume. You also can't adjust the volume when the turn signals (and the side mirror cameras) are on. That's super annoying when you have the rear camera on, and the volume up on the road and pull to a stop to turn. I like having the camera on to check on my car back there, but the volume thing makes me leave it off most of the time.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:17 AM   #7

Model: Sprinter Citation 24ST
State: New Mexico
THOR #2420
Back up camera 2016 Axis

Dave has it right. Set up want you want to listen to and then hold the mode switch and it will keep your radio on and turn on the backup camera. I drive with the backup camera on all the time. Note, I connect a standalone Sirius receiver plugged in to the radio jack. I have an inline volume control. I usually turn the volume high and use the inline volume control to change the volume as I change stations.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:00 AM   #8

State: Idaho
THOR #6809
Vegas Rear View but no Back Up Camera

The rear view camera of our 2015 Vegas works as well as it could given the lighting conditions. But I believe this RV should have come equipped with a back-up camera, as well. When I put the trans into R, the rear view camera stays on. I've not been able to find a back-up camera lens. My service manager 'thinks' it was not a standard feature of the Vegas. Does anybody out there have a standard back-up camera on their rig? Thanks.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:15 AM   #9

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
I have the XM radio plugged in to AUX in on the AXXERA, then plugged the camera into the AUX video port. Much better to watch the back camera than the "blue screen with DVD warning" (and you can still use the volume control on the AXXERA).IMHO
Old 04-14-2017, 01:35 AM   #10

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaluigi View Post
The rear view camera of our 2015 Vegas works as well as it could given the lighting conditions. But I believe this RV should have come equipped with a back-up camera, as well. When I put the trans into R, the rear view camera stays on. I've not been able to find a back-up camera lens. My service manager 'thinks' it was not a standard feature of the Vegas. Does anybody out there have a standard back-up camera on their rig? Thanks.
Back-up camera and rear view camera are one and the same. Each radio is a little different but you can turn on the camera and leave it on if you want. On our radio there is a home icon, push it and you get several icons, one of them is for a camera, push the camera icon and the camera stays on.