Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #14446
Basement compartment

I have a 2014Tuscany xte compartment is falling thru underside is very soft nothing to protect it from the weather need to know how to fix it ( poor design)

Old 11-12-2019, 08:53 PM   #2

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan 3696 View Post
I have a 2014Tuscany xte compartment is falling thru underside is very soft nothing to protect it from the weather need to know how to fix it ( poor design)
I'm seeing that in one of my Palazzo compartments and plan on using marine plywood with a flex-seal coating when I can fine the weather and time to get into it. I looks like I will have to go across the basement to the other side for the best strength - there does look to be bracing under the floor outside but I'm a bit Leary of how waterproof the compartment will be if I cut the plywood in half - I'm guessing I'll have to anyway to get in in there as the frame rails look like they will block a full piece. One of the forum users took his to a shop and I think it cost $2k, but I don't remember how the work was done or the coach in question - others might! Best of luck

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
I'm seeing that in one of my Palazzo compartments and plan on using marine plywood with a flex-seal coating when I can fine the weather and time to get into it. I looks like I will have to go across the basement to the other side for the best strength - there does look to be bracing under the floor outside but I'm a bit Leary of how waterproof the compartment will be if I cut the plywood in half - I'm guessing I'll have to anyway to get in in there as the frame rails look like they will block a full piece. One of the forum users took his to a shop and I think it cost $2k, but I don't remember how the work was done or the coach in question - others might! Best of luck
Thank you