Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2016, 02:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #3855
Hurricane 34f 2014- SLIDE issues

We bought this unit in September of 2015 used from original owner. Radio went out before we even took our first big trip and we just got back from a trip and we couldn't get the slide to extend!!

I now have read of these issues and they seem to vary... any insight appreciated.

The good news is I do have an extended warranty.... it will be going to repair next week.

oh and I also have leaks.... I cant figure out where they are coming from... the repair place tried to and couldn't get it to leak, but it for sure has a few.

oh my gosh, i thought I was buying an almost new MH.... now i feel like I got a lemon......

thanks...

Old 03-18-2016, 02:23 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by texgirl View Post
We bought this unit in September of 2015 used from original owner. Radio went out before we even took our first big trip and we just got back from a trip and we couldn't get the slide to extend!!

I now have read of these issues and they seem to vary... any insight appreciated.

The good news is I do have an extended warranty.... it will be going to repair next week.

oh and I also have leaks.... I cant figure out where they are coming from... the repair place tried to and couldn't get it to leak, but it for sure has a few.

oh my gosh, i thought I was buying an almost new MH.... now i feel like I got a lemon......

thanks...
First, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here that can assist with questions you may have.

As for the slide not extending. The slides have one controller per slide. The controller is generally located in a storage compartment under the slide and will look like the attached pic. If there is a malfunction with the slide the controller will flash an error code. The error code is the number of red flashes between a green flash. If you find the controller and it is flashing an error it will give you an indication of the possible problem with the slide. Also, even though it sounds elementary, remember the engine must be shut off and the parking brake set for the slide to extend or retract. I still make that mistake from time to time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide contoller.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1583

Regarding the leak you did not mention whether the leak happens during rain, when connected to city water or when using the water pump. If the water leak is coming from the fresh water system you can hook an air compressor set to approx. 45 pounds to the city water connection and then start looking for air leaks rather than getting everything wet with water. Also oftentimes you can hear an air leak in a line before you see a water leak.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:34 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Yea we try to rush things along sometimes packing up and I start the engine and the slides wont work... Dam safety stuff... LOL...
Old 03-19-2016, 04:41 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #3855
Thank you for responding... I have done that as well, try to extend when engine on, but this time... levelers were down, engine off and brake on etc. when I push retract it made a sound and came in or tried to, it was already in... but when I hit extend, it did nothing... no sound at all, nothing.

As far as the leaks go, it happens when its sitting in rain or when washed... washed yesterday and saw the water coming in just under the slide edge wall, can't figure it out but is running on the floor..we think it is coming in from side....

Thanks so much for trying to help... its back at storage but I will see if I can go find that box... thanks so much again, kim