Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
Black tank flush on vegas/axis

I just watched a youtube video of a tour of a 2015 vegas 24.1. It was a different one than I had watched before.
In this one, the tour guide said it had a black tank flush. He also said the refrigerator was a 3 way.
Does anyone have a black tank flush on their 2015 vegas/axis? (I don't have access to mine right now, so I can't look)

Old 07-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
My Axis didn't come with one and don't know what a 3 way refrigerator would be. Mine operates on 110V and propane.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:56 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
I had a pop-up camper years ago that had a 3-way refrigerator. Worked on 110, propane or 12 volt. Great when driving down the road because no propane was needed. But, when I stopped I had to remember to switch it to propane because it would suck the battery dead in less then an hour.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #4

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
I know my fridge is 2 way (elec & propane) which leads me to believe the tour guide on the video misspoke about the tank flush as well.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #5

THOR #1123
Those tour guides are good at that sometimes. Before I got mine, I watched one guy from some dealership say the rear camera on the Axis/Vegas was equipped with audio as well and went into detail about how nice it is to have someone inside hearing instructions from the rear as you back into a site along with the video display. When I picked mine up and asked about it, the maintenance guy spent about 2 hours working to see if it was so equipped. After they contacted Thor, we were told it doesn't come with audio. Time wasted.
Seems these folks would know their product before putting it on video especially.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:50 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Our 2014 Axis 24.1:
  • Has a black tank flush because I had the dealer add it
  • Has a 2-way refer (110V and propane) we don't use much propane going down the road because of the genny
  • Has the Jensen radio which provides backup camera audio
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #7

THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Our 2014 Axis 24.1:
  • Has a black tank flush because I had the dealer add it
  • Has a 2-way refer (110V and propane) we don't use much propane going down the road because of the genny
  • Has the Jensen radio which provides backup camera audio
I suppose when they decided to go with the Axerra on the 2015s the audio was sacrificed.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #8

State: North Carolina
THOR #2423
The 3-way includes a 12volt option. I have the same fridg. on my houseboat as my Axis except the Axis is a two way and the houseboat is a three way.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:14 PM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I suppose when they decided to go with the Axerra on the 2015s the audio was sacrificed.
The Axxerra has rear camera audio but only when the transmission is in reverse. I have to crank up the volume on the radio to hear the audio because of the distance (12 feet) from the ground.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:18 PM   #10

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
My 2016 25.2 has the standard 2 way refrig, no black tank flush, and no apparent audio on the camera. I'll try cranking the volume at our next back in campsite.

My last coach had audio on the camera, which I used, but never found very necessary. When DW starts waving her arms, it's pretty clear that I need to stop and evaluate the situation!

Those video tour guides often know less than informed customers. Most are salespeople, and some will tell you what they think you want to hear. Concentrate on the visuals, and rely on the factory brochure for details.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:59 PM   #11

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Our sales-droid gave us the same "3-way" speech. It is "sort of" true. The control circuitry runs on 12 volt - always. Cooling is 110 or propane though.

Randy
Old 07-19-2015, 03:19 AM   #12

Model: Vegas
State: Oregon
THOR #1838
Sani-Flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfest View Post
I just watched a youtube video of a tour of a 2015 vegas 24.1. It was a different one than I had watched before.
In this one, the tour guide said it had a black tank flush. He also said the refrigerator was a 3 way.
Does anyone have a black tank flush on their 2015 vegas/axis? (I don't have access to mine right now, so I can't look)
I had the dealer add a Sani-Flush back tank rinse system to my 2015 Vegas 24.1. It works very well and was easy to install.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #13
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthode@gmail.com View Post
I had the dealer add a Sani-Flush back tank rinse system to my 2015 Vegas 24.1. It works very well and was easy to install.
On my prior Forest River class c the sani flush was standard equipment. The common problem with sani-flish is the nozzle plugs up. I had to reemove the nozzle and drill the hole an additional 1/32 inch afetr my second trip. Never had a problem after that. Hopefully the dealer installed yours above the 2/3 level of the tank so that it doesn't periodically sit in raw sewage which will cause the nozzle to plug.

Recommendation, if they haven't already, ask them to show you where they installed the backflow preventer. You may need to know if you ever have to troubleshoot. Mine was in the cabinet under the batroom sink and I did have to replace it after 2 years of operation.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote