Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2023, 03:21 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #30293
2023 Magnitude SV34 Grab bar by door

Evening.. Does anyone know if the acrylic clear handle on outside of door is capable of being illuminated ? Trying to find some more lighting for by door when leaving or arriving at coach at night. Our previous coach had a handle that illuminated and it was a handy little feature.. Perhaps I am just missing a switch ? Thanks..

Old 08-13-2023, 03:49 AM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
You can order the illuminated one from the same company.
If you're not capable of running wires through insulation, installing a switch a fuse and 20feet of wiring, you're $300 away in labor.

A solar self contained light from hf or Amazon is a better choice.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 12:49 PM   #3

THOR #30293
Ill likely leave it just as it is. I a pretty good with wiring etc. but somethings are just not worth the trouble to disturb whats not broken... so to speak. LOL Didnt know if I was missing a switch etc.

I like the Amazon process better.. Actually had 2 Amazon Solar Motion and remote spots on side of my A up under the awning and slide cover where they were protected and they did a nice job. So Ill just go with that if I choose to do any adds. Appreciate the experience
Old 08-13-2023, 02:13 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkurtz502@gmail.com View Post
Ill likely leave it just as it is. I a pretty good with wiring etc. but somethings are just not worth the trouble to disturb whats not broken... so to speak. LOL Didnt know if I was missing a switch etc.

I like the Amazon process better.. Actually had 2 Amazon Solar Motion and remote spots on side of my A up under the awning and slide cover where they were protected and they did a nice job. So Ill just go with that if I choose to do any adds. Appreciate the experience
We have a motioned detected solar light above our entry door. It comes on automatically at night at low level but when motion is detected it goes to bright level. Works much better than the porch light which is mounted on the slide.

For general brightness at night I ran an LED strip under the awning and connected it to the porch light. Now turning on the porch light gives a broader area light along the side of the MH and works whether the awning is deployed or not.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 03:03 PM   #5

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Posts 203 and 210 in my signature thread shows my broken clear plastic grab bar and what I replaced it with.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...&postcount=203

Those plastic handles always scared me, then the fear fruited....

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 01:54 AM   #6

THOR #30293
Man that sux.. I hope no one was hurt when it broke.. Ive always been a little concerned about those things and didnt see a plastic handle as a good idea. Ive told my lovely bride to not use it and open the door and use the metal ones inside instead.. thanks for sharing
Old 08-15-2023, 12:27 AM   #7

Model: Magnitude BH35
State: California
THOR #23156
I used something similar to the below to illuminate the bar - Manufacturers' Select ITC Cool White Replacement LED Light Assembly for IllumaGrip RV Grip Handles (86430-LED ASSEM) (B07XH4CYGY) https://a.co/d/hCBvA21. To make things simple wired it to the intererior step well circuit so it now comes on with that and can be controlled by Firefly system.
Mods: VROOM full slide upgrade, Banks derringer, iDash, pedal monster, and CAI. Bilstein 4600 shocks and steering stabilizer, Sumo springs, HornBlaster Conductor's Special 5485 Nightmare Edition Train Horn Kit with onboard compressed air, TPMS kit for 6 tires, upgraded TVs to smart TVs using Google TV.
pohoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 10:31 PM   #8

Model: Omni XG32
THOR #29859
There's an APP for that so to speak. If you load the Vega Touch Mira app on your phone (that lets you somewhat remotely control the main panel) you can turn on your Awning LEDs when you get within about 30 Feet of your rig. You are limited by bluetooth range.
Old 08-20-2023, 03:10 PM   #9

THOR #30293
Ed oh yea I keep forgetting that as I’ve not had this cool tech previously. is that the bt device you mention in your log ?
Old 08-20-2023, 04:11 PM   #10

Model: Omni XG32
THOR #29859
Vegatouch Mira APP and Docs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkurtz502@gmail.com View Post
Ed oh yea I keep forgetting that as I’ve not had this cool tech previously. is that the bt device you mention in your log ?

If you haven't yet, create your customer account on the Thor customer site. https://thor.mizecx.com/cc/cpSignIn.html
The firefly COntrol system documentation file points you to the Vegatouch Mira app that lets you control anything that is on your main panel from your phone or tablet. I have a samsung (I hate Apple) tablet dedicated to the rig with all of the documents and the app loaded.

Good luck!
Old 08-20-2023, 04:48 PM   #11

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I carry a couple of the sidewalk solar lights with us. I'll put one by the steps and another near the power post if no permanent light is there. We can also carry them down to the lake or other areas of any CG we sty at for a little indirect lighting. Real portable. There also good for inside in case of a total power failure...if they're charged up. The new coach has motion detection lights in the storage bays so now I can just leave a bay door open on door side and the light comes on when we approach.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 07:06 PM   #12

THOR #30293
Hey Glitz great Idea with the Solar sidewalk lights. cool idea .. Im sure the mrs will be happy to pick some out LOL