Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-27-2015, 07:39 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The screw "covers" just look like snaps? Is that all they are? (I've gently pulled on them to see if/how they come off but haven't pulled hard enough to remove them.)...
Yes, sort of. They are "upholstered" snaps.

A small piece of matching colored vinyl is pressed into the snap cover. If you don't carefully remove the entire snap cover, you will accidentally only remove the vinyl.

Reassembly is tedious.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:56 PM   #22

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #1169
I would not worry too much about the flaking and marking on the rails in the picture. Either it's the initial set, or coating removal. My rails looked like that initially. I cleaned them, and they didn't change much afterwards. The caveat is if there is damage to the teeth, then you may have a problem and investigate further.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #23

Model: Challenger/37ND
State: Texas
THOR #1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
LOL! I honestly didn't even think of that. Great!

Of course that means you have to remove the table...always something. LOL
You use the table? My captains chair will not swivel so I've never used mine. Me thinks they put a clip incorrectly to prevent it from rotating. They can fix that at CW /Mikey
2015 Thor Challenger 37ND
mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:24 PM   #24

Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
It looks like the passenger side is one or two teeth higher than the drivers side.

Thanks for the feed back.

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
The gouging of the aluminum indicates that some out-of-sync operation has already taken place.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:13 PM   #25

Model: Outlaw 37LS
State: Louisiana
THOR #2238
Anyone know where the controller is for the power bunk? I saw a post with a reset procedure that would allow you to lift the bunk so that you could drive but I have been unable to find the controller. I have a 2015 Outlaw 37LS. Thanks
Old 06-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #26
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfstuart View Post
Anyone know where the controller is for the power bunk? I saw a post with a reset procedure that would allow you to lift the bunk so that you could drive but I have been unable to find the controller. I have a 2015 Outlaw 37LS. Thanks
In my Challenger the controller for the overhead bunk is in the cabinet above the drivers head. The controllers for the slides are in a storage compartment below the slide room itself.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:00 AM   #27

THOR #2238
I looked in the cabinet above the driver and the cabinet behind the passenger seat but no luck. Anybody have any other suggestions.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:23 AM   #28
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfstuart View Post
I looked in the cabinet above the driver and the cabinet behind the passenger seat but no luck. Anybody have any other suggestions.
My next suggestion is to call Thor Customer Service. They should be able to tell you the location within a few minutes. If you have any questions about the procedure they should be able to explain those as well.
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #29

THOR #2238
Thor told me that it was in the cabinet above recliner. I checked and told them that it was not there and they were going to check into it and call me back yesterday. Didn't happen. I wrote an email last night to them. Maybe they will get back to me today.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:55 AM   #30

Model: Axis 24.1
State: England
THOR #1570
Hi, my drop down bunk on my Axis has become uneven on the passenger side, does anyone know how to adjust it? I was thinking if I disconnect the motor on the drivers side and then operated the lift switch it should in theory lift the passenger side of the bunk, when level just reconnect the other motor, or does anyone else have an easier way or will that work, its only uneven by say 2 inches.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #31
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
We haven't had that issue. You could try to give Thor a call or an email they may have some suggestions.

I would examine the two gear racks on either side to make sure they are both good and not worn or stripped.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #32
Site Team

THOR #1469
If the system is the Schwintek motor system they have a synchronization (timing) process that is used for the slides and that will probably work for the bunk as well.

Unplugging and then reconnecting motors may make the problem worse because the controller has to learn the stop locations. According to the mobile tech that repair my slide issue earlier this year the timing must be completed whenever a slide motor or controller is unplugged or whenever one side of a slide is not sync'd with the other.

The process is on Page 65 of the 2014 edition of the owners manual and there is a video on timing the slides located at:

This process may work for the overhead bunk as well since it is essentially the same system as the slides.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #33

THOR #1570
Hi Dave, good job you replied I was about to disconnect the motor, went to the video and did what they said, put the bed right down, then up and down a few times and it lined itself up, job done, took me just a few minuets, thanks for the reply, all the best Alan.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #34

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
I used mine twice just to show friends and already the psg side stay pin will not go in - looks like it is too out of sync with the other motor.
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:33 AM   #35

Model: Outlaw 38 RE
THOR #3657
I am on the road my bunk is loose and now stuck down and won't come up any thing I can do my self to fix? Help!
Old 03-25-2016, 01:40 PM   #36

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Read the whole thread above, especially #17. You should be able to disconnect the motors and push the bunk up and secure it with the pins. It may not be easy and you will need some help, but it is doable as long as it is not completely jammed.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:40 PM   #37

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
THOR #2601
Those looking for the controller -- when Thor tells you it is in a specific cabinet always check for a false wall. In the Axis/Vegas it is in the kitchen cabinet behind a false wall on the upper side. For sure, it is going to be somewhere close to the bunk.

Also take those warnings about partial extension and retraction seriously. I spoke to a Schwentek rep at the Hershey RV show and he said that was the cause of about 70% of the problems they have with the system. It increases the likelihood of getting the two motors out of sync. That then induces lateral stress on the motor shafts, gears, and threaded rack. In addition the quick stop also induces induces additional torque on the motors. If you've been partially extending and retracting with no problem you've been lucky and are playing the odds. If you are past your warranty period it will be really expensive to fix this if you have teeth shear or the motors fail.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #38

Model: Outlaw 38 RE
THOR #3657
Returning bunk to up position when stuck down

Go to motor. In my 2016 outlaw it is in drivers overhead compartment. Take a pen or Philips head and press 6 xs on 7 th hold until red and green lts flash. Stop pressing and push up on control panel above door.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #39

THOR #1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normfitz View Post
I am on the road my bunk is loose and now stuck down and won't come up any thing I can do my self to fix? Help!
Does the motor operate, if they do, you need to bring down the bed as far as you can then it should come back up, repeat a few times by bringing it up and down it should then be OK, if the motor will not run it may be as simple as a blown fuse, but I'm not sure where the fuses are located, you can as suggested unplug the wires and just push the bed up and use the pins to secure it, then get help from your dealer. Best of luck, Alan
Old 03-26-2016, 07:48 PM   #40

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
A salesman would never disclose that!

However, an engineer would.
We looked at a Damon FRED that had the front bunk cantilevered over the slide. There was no way to lower it without first opening the slide. I felt it was a major design flaw. At the other end of slide the kitchen was useless unless slide was out. Other than that it was a great looking motorhome we liked a lot.

I'm not sure designers give these types of issues much thought.