Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1775
A/C Issue

Plugged into my 30 amp service the inside ac was working fine since I bought our 2015 Ace 27.1, now ac will not work unless the generator is running. I have checked all breakers including the one in the 30 amp panel box and have power at the plug, any ideas?

Old 07-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #2

Model: 2016 hurricane 31s
THOR #3836
a/c problem

I had the same issue on my thor axis. after checking all of the wires I had power to the outside coach plug but not to the transfer switch. I removed the receptacle from the coach and found the black wire had pulled out, it was never tightened at the factory.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopshop View Post
I had the same issue on my thor axis. after checking all of the wires I had power to the outside coach plug but not to the transfer switch. I removed the receptacle from the coach and found the black wire had pulled out, it was never tightened at the factory.
Hi, what is a transfer switch and which receptacle are you referring too. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #4

Model: 2016 hurricane 31s
THOR #3836
a/c

the 110 volt receptacle you plug shore power into on the side of the coach, four screws holding it in. my receptacle has a led that lights up when you plug into shore power, if its not on their is a wiring problem. the transfer switch switches power from shore power to generator depending on what your using. the transfer switch is some where between shore power plug and generator probably under one of your bed storage or in one of the storage bins. its a black box about 10x10 possibly defective also.