Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-13-2016, 12:30 PM   #21
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb
I did discover how to do the presets on the radio...which...yes, will be useless when we get out of our area...but I had to accept the challenge.
Many modern radios (not sure if the Axxera qualifies LOL) have a feature where you can temporarily set the presets the the X strongest stations (handy for travelling).

That feature would make great sense to have in an RV. Don't know if the Axxera has it or not (heck I don't know if the Jensen 215 has it or not as we never listen to the radio--my son usually claims control over what is playing on audio LOL).

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #22
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Many modern radios (not sure if the Axxera qualifies LOL) have a feature where you can temporarily set the presets the the X strongest stations (handy for travelling).

That feature would make great sense to have in an RV. Don't know if the Axxera has it or not (heck I don't know if the Jensen 215 has it or not as we never listen to the radio--my son usually claims control over what is playing on audio LOL).
Thank you Jamie... When we get out on road research will continue on that Axxera to keep me busy .. I don't think that Jensen has much to offer ..
I understand .. Regarding your son ... I more less , control what we listen to ... I have created many CDs for those trips 'out in the middle of nowhere' ! .. And we haul a bunch of DVDs for late night when there is no reception !
Happy day!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #23
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post

The Axxerra has both Local (LOC) and Loudness (LOUD) features during radio operation. There is also a setting to control the preset volume at which the unit turns on or to have it turn on at the same volume as it was when turned off.

As a note, the loudness control is not the same as the volume speed sensitivity settings of some radios because the Axxerra is not a GPS unit does not know how fast it is travelling down the road.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #24

State: Alaska
THOR #3993
The radio will search and set all stations in the area. Just push and hold the APS (I think that's what the letters are) button for about two seconds and then it will preset your 6 tuner buttons with stations I the area. Button is on the bottom left of the radio screen.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #25
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsempeel View Post
The radio will search and set all stations in the area. Just push and hold the APS (I think that's what the letters are) button for about two seconds and then it will preset your 6 tuner buttons with stations I the area. Button is on the bottom left of the radio screen.
THANKYOU !!! that saves me some searching...the Axxera owners manual is not the greatest !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #26

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Kay,

I downloaded some 40+ CD's on a mini thumb drive that fits into the USB port on the left of the radio (cover says SD, USB and AV). Only reason I quit at 40 is because I was getting tired and bored!

Still wish I could adjust the volume without having to go out of rear TV mode to USB to do so.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:20 PM   #27
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Kay,

I downloaded some 40+ CD's on a mini thumb drive that fits into the USB port on the left of the radio (cover says SD, USB and AV). Only reason I quit at 40 is because I was getting tired and bored!

Still wish I could adjust the volume without having to go out of rear TV mode to USB to do so.

Doc
Wow ! 40 cd's or 40 songs ? .. just curious .. how big your drive is ? 40 cd's is alot of mb !! I have a 16 gig drive waiting for transfer of files.. I have a playlist for walking, I will put on the drive...and have a number of compilations on cd's which I was going to leave alone...but you have me excited about dragging n dropping the files to a drive !!
RE the volume/camera issue...do you watch your toad all the time? We have never pulled a car...just the enclosed trailer, but don't watch it that much..just an occasional peek.

Keep me posted on your music !!

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-15-2016, 11:41 PM   #28

THOR #2142
Kay,

The mini Thumb drive is 64GB capacity (year old now, so probably obsolete by a factor of 4 for new mini's.

Not yet ready to tow...I just like to keep the camera on to "Keep an eye on my 6".

Old 05-16-2016, 12:01 AM   #29
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Kay,

The mini Thumb drive is 64GB capacity (year old now, so probably obsolete by a factor of 4 for new mini's.

Not yet ready to tow...I just like to keep the camera on to "Keep an eye on my 6".
understood !
I have a couple extra 32gb usb drives...mine are not new either...will move photos off one to another ... see how fast they are. I have a new Samsung Pro sd card coming .. never had a Samsung card .. cdnet sez excellent for video..and have a 64gb Kingston usb drive coming...
will do some transferring of files and see how one works tomorrow !
Can ya tell I love doing this..and photos !!

k
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-17-2016, 01:18 AM   #30
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Kay,

Doc:
Today, I took my Lexar usb drive to the Axis, having loaded a number of songs..some mpeg2, 3, & 4 .. some wma files as well...the Axxera recognized all the files and sound was good. I then, linked my iphone via bluetooth to the Axxera and played one of my playlists from the phone. Of course, understanding that my phone would need to be charged if I played tunes from it for quite a while.
In addition,I put a DVD in the slot and the movie came up on the Axxera screen, so I know I can run an HDMI cable from the Axxera to the TV up front..rather than move the dvd player from the bedroom and back n forth when we want to watch a movie.

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-17-2016, 10:11 AM   #31

THOR #2142
Kay,

I know there are two sets of RCA jacks off the back side of the Axerra Radio (for output to the TV's) but I do not believe there are any HDMI outputs. From what I was told the RCA plugs will support 480dpi resolution but not 1080dpi.

Doc

Old 05-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #32
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
From what I was told the RCA plugs will support 480dpi resolution but not 1080dpi.
RCA video out is really an old-school signal. Technically it is called 480i (240 lines of video interlaced to get you 480 lines--one frame of 240 lines followed by another frame of 240 lines alternating). These days its the lowest common denominator as far as video signals are concerned.

Even worse is it is an analog signal which suffers from a bunch of artifacts due to its encoding (reds look horrible on composite video). (And to think we lived with that system for 50 years or more LOL.)
Old 05-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #33

THOR #2142
Jamie,

Don't forget computer CRT's with "burn-in" due to same picture/screen for too long!

Oh Yeah, I remember B&W TV with "Rabbit Ears" (and foil) being replaced by Color TV...but you had to sit back a ways from the Color TV to avoid the "radiation" (what mom and dad said).

Doc

Old 05-17-2016, 01:43 PM   #34
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
Don't forget computer CRT's with "burn-in" due to same picture/screen for too long!
If we didn't have that we wouldn't have the flying toaster's screen saver
Old 05-17-2016, 01:45 PM   #35
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Kay,

I know there are two sets of RCA jacks off the back side of the Axerra Radio (for output to the TV's) but I do not believe there are any HDMI outputs. From what I was told the RCA plugs will support 480dpi resolution but not 1080dpi.

Doc
Doc...there is an HDMI port .. lower right directly above the cigarette lighter plug...it has a large plastic cover over it..2 ports under that cover.

If our hdmi cables which we have, are not long enough...I am not going to buy another just for that...as moving the dvd player from one cabinet to another is not a big deal !

the rca jacks are ok for an extra speaker, but not much else..in this day n age.

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #36

THOR #2142
Kay,

Is that HDMI an output or just input for mirroring phones and what not onto the Axerra's screen?

I never tried to hook a monitor to that HDMI to see if it was output.

Doc

Old 05-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #37

THOR #2142
Kay,

Is that an HDMI for output or just input for mirroring from a cell phone or what not to the Axerra's screen?

Doc

Old 05-17-2016, 04:19 PM   #38

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Quote:
Kay,

Is that an HDMI for output or just input for mirroring from a cell phone or what not to the Axerra's screen?

Doc
Doc,
It is only an input.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #39
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Kay,

Doc
Doc...have not checked it out yet...it may be only input...will know shortly !
I thought I read mirroring had to be hooked up to the back with a pigtail type cord...perhaps I am mistaken.
Mirroring via the hdmi with the proper cord from the phone would be nice

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #40

THOR #2142
I figured it was only for input, but would have been nice to have had an HDMI output.

Doc