Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2015, 02:08 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #3132
Pedestal dining table to bed

I just purchased a Thor Chateau 22E class C. I had my instructional walk thru and neglected to ask how the pedestal dining U table converts into a bed. The Thor handbook doesn't have info on this type table.

How do you remove the table?? There is a black button looking thing on the pedestal base...is that for anything? I know there is a cushion to place in the space. Is that what you place on the ledges once the table is removed? It does not look like it would support much weight. Does the table top come off the pedestal and go on the ledges under the cushion? If so, how does the table top come off?

Old 10-26-2015, 09:38 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 23U
State: California
THOR #1490
Top comes straight up. Remove center table support, and insert table top onto the three ledges under the cushions. No it will not support too much weight. I have problems centering my table top. It keeps moving around and falling onto the floor. I have to extend the ledges enuff to keep the table top from dropping. Maybe yours is tight enough to stay in place. Oh then fill the open space with the extra cushion provided.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:32 PM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #3132
Thanks but still questions

Thanks sikoriko!

I went to the storage lot today to try to figure it out. Dinette top will not lift out but it will unscrew from the base on the floor...thought I was breaking something. There are clicking noises as you turn it. But it came out. And I was able to put it back!!!

But I cannot see how the table top was to be removed from the pole pedestal in order for it to be put on the ledges. Unscrew all the screws that attach the pedestal pole to the table top and remove the pole completely?? Got to be a better way. Only could spend a short time there and won't get time to visit again for a few days.

Hopefully others may have some ideas.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:46 PM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
I've never seen one that you have to unscrew. I don't have your model of motorhome but I'm pretty certain your poles are just stuck in the bases. Wiggle and twist the poles they should pull out from the bases.

Sikoriko on mine I used some ABS pipe from the hardware store and made shorter legs to use when I make mine into a bed to help support it. That may help you solve your problem.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
A picture would help to make sure I'm giving you proper advice.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:25 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
You are lucky, yours unscrewed from the floor plate. Mine was frozen to the floor. That black button actually disengages that ratchet that is suppose to keep the post tight in the floor plate. mine was so tight I could not depress it at all. The top is just a tight friction fit to the post. If you turn the top in the clockwise direction while pulling up it will come off the post then you step on the black button while turning the post counter clockwise and it will unscrew from the floor. You may find that the first couple times you do this that removing the top will tighten the post so much you can not unscrew it from the floor. You can then put the top back on and turn it counter clockwise to help loosen the floor screw. After a few times things will loosen enough that you can get the top off without too much trouble.
There is nothing in the manual about this and I had to remove the floor plate with the pole stuck in it to see how it worked. There is a round toothed ring on the bottom of the post and the button is attached to a spring loaded wedge that engages the toothed ring.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:15 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 23U
State: California
THOR #1490
My center support was real hard to remove at first. after time it will loosen up. Thor must have that neanderthal to install these devices.

Tags
dining, dining table, pedestal table, table to bed