Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2017, 08:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: British Columbia
THOR #7659
Challenger Slide Issue

Ok, I have a slide issue with our 2010 Challenger KT. Two weeks ago all was well. This week we took it out and only the passenger side long slide works. The other two front slides, nothing. Cant be batteries as the big slide works. Tried to run them out on genie and SP. There is a small generic diagram for me to work from so than I can locate relays, controllers etc. I don't really know what these components look like. Must be something common to the two slides.
Going back out to the coach on Sunday with my meter and test lamp to see what I can find. Once fuses are checked, I figure /I should start at the control panel.

Any ideas to trace this out would be appreciated.
The enable relay is on the firewall ( apparently ) but I don't know what it looks like.
The slideroom relay or relays should be behind the control panel ( I think ). The motor controller might be up behind the wood trim but I cant see both of these units being broken.

Slide is made by Accuslide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Room Drawing Challenger.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	5038  

Old 05-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Texas
THOR #6162
The slide controllers on my Challenger are in the storage bays below the slides. They are screwed to the top of the bay. I had a slide that did not want to work and it turned out to be a coach leveling issue.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Are your slides the type with 'rail tracks' on the top and bottom of the slide? If so, these are Schwintec brand, which most of us Thor owners have. They operate with a small motor at the top of each end of the slide(s).

you, with a 2010 unit, may have something different, could be hydraulic on the large slide, and something different on the smaller slides.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #4

THOR #7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash557 View Post
The slide controllers on my Challenger are in the storage bays below the slides. They are screwed to the top of the bay. I had a slide that did not want to work and it turned out to be a coach leveling issue.
Thanks; good place for me to look. These ACUSLIDE units are run in and out on a cable system. I had to adjust one so I know where the motors are at least.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:40 PM   #5

THOR #7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
Are your slides the type with 'rail tracks' on the top and bottom of the slide? If so, these are Schwintec brand, which most of us Thor owners have. They operate with a small motor at the top of each end of the slide(s).

you, with a 2010 unit, may have something different, could be hydraulic on the large slide, and something different on the smaller slides.
These three slides all work via a cable system. My bounder had rollers on the bottom side but I am not sure with these units.

I am sure that I will know a lot more soon.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #6

THOR #7659
Plus we always level the coach prior to running any of the slides out.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:31 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
The diagram relates to only 1 motor controller. I'd guess that there are 2 more. The relay seems to be working so I'd check for power the "+" at each of the controllers while pressing the switch and then check for a ground on the "-" side with a multimeter. I guess (especially since it is both the front slides) that you have an open circuit - probably on the power side. If you don't already have a multimeter - less than $10 at Home Depot.

If you are not sure which wire is which - go to the working controller and figure out which wire is which (power or ground) while operating the switch.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #8

THOR #7659
Yep; I do have a multi-meter in the car ready for tomorrow plus a lamp tester for the fuses. Relays and resettable fuses with be a different ball of wax. I have a limited supply of spare fuses ( dumb really ) so I should list them out for future purchase. Even one of each would be an asset. Taking out a knee pad and a big soft packing blanket for attempting to crawl into the compartments. I am not as agile as I once was that is for sure. But my brain still works ( usually )