Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
overhead bed Thor axis

Anyone experience lowering the bed then trying To raise enough it just would not go And finally when it did one side Goes up and one side doesn't when you lower it one side goes down further than the other I praise the Lower it the way they said to do it said after the third or fourth time that should fix itself but so far it has not I love this forum Feels like I'm not alone in this venture

Old 09-29-2016, 11:45 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I don't know if you have tried this technique but the YouTube video shows you how to retime the motors. Just putting the bed up or down all the way several times does not do it. You can google lots of other Schwintec videos which might help if this one does not.

Once you get it timed, remember to never let it partially down or up. And don't release the button until you hear both motors stop.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:11 AM   #3

THOR #3992
overhead bed Thor axis

I have seen the videos on YouTube your talking about I think they're very helpful we were getting ready to leave on vacation last week And as we were using the top bed for storage we went to put it up to leave and it just would not move Finally got it to go up but once we arrived at our destination and lowered it I was worried it wouldn't go back up for a return trip home We've had multiple warranty issues on it since we got it but we still love it even with all the trouble Like anything else in this world nothing is perfect I hear they all have trouble
Old 09-30-2016, 12:29 AM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
If you had it partially down when you were using it for storage, that's what Oneilkeys was saying. The biggest problem with the Schwintek systems is getting the two synchronous motors out of sync. The easiest way to get them out of sync or out of timing is to partially lower it, or partially raise it when it is down. As Oneilkeys noted never move them and then stop them without going to full travel.

When raising or lowering (after you perform the re-synching) hold the down (or up) switch until the bunk runs full travel and the motors stop. Continue to hold the switch in down for 2 or 3 seconds after the motors stop. Do the same thing when raining the bunk. Always hold the switch for 2 or 3 seconds after the motors stop.

The same applies to the slide since it is exactly the same Schwintek system.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:33 AM   #5

THOR #3992
overhead bed Thor axis

I tried exactly what you said but when we use the overhead storage or the bed just bring it down a little at a time when we need something and putting it back up I guess it just really wasn't meant to be used that way
Old 09-30-2016, 01:16 AM   #6

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Absolutely!!!!! I talked to a Schwintek rep at the Hershey RV Show last year and he said that behavior you described is exactly what caused the motors to get out of sync.

When we first had the Vegas home after buying it, every time someone asked to see it I would demo the bunk doing exactly what you were doing -- who wanted to readjust the captain chairs so the bunk would come all the way down. I was just showing them how "neat" the bunk was. Then I read the Schwintek literature and I stopped doing that.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:21 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
https://youtu.be/hSafAnjxIV4

Sorry.. this is the specific Schwintec video specifically on how to retime the slide motors if they get out of sync.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:34 AM   #8

THOR #3992
TThanks that's more than kind