Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2019, 01:36 PM   #161

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how things went. Yes, the PDI went more quickly than I had anticipated. It was like pulling teeth to get anything out of our salesman. I had to ask him to show us how to convert the couch, lower the overhead bed, swivel the front seats, etc. He basically wanted to just show us how to operate the monitor and call it a day.

Glad things went well and fingers crossed they come back with a workable price.

Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:33 PM   #162

Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabs4 View Post
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how things went. Yes, the PDI went more quickly than I had anticipated. It was like pulling teeth to get anything out of our salesman. I had to ask him to show us how to convert the couch, lower the overhead bed, swivel the front seats, etc. He basically wanted to just show us how to operate the monitor and call it a day.

Glad things went well and fingers crossed they come back with a workable price.
Fortunately, our salesperson has been around for a few years and we have had him show us much of that during our visits. It's pretty cool how the whole thing can be done from the multiplex wiring display!
Old 05-21-2019, 03:03 PM   #163

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Fortunately, our salesperson has been around for a few years and we have had him show us much of that during our visits. It's pretty cool how the whole thing can be done from the multiplex wiring display!

That is a great system for sure. Each of those "control panels" will snap off the wall and you can use them outside. The one by the door has the awning, basement lights, etc. on it. Buy a pack of 2032 batteries, as each individual panel has it's own power supply.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:05 PM   #164

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
That is a great system for sure. Each of those "control panels" will snap off the wall and you can use them outside. The one by the door has the awning, basement lights, etc. on it. Buy a pack of 2032 batteries, as each individual panel has it's own power supply.
No kidding? I did not know that! Wow, that's even cooler than I thought!!!
Old 05-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #165

THOR #15054
Well, it looks like we have a motorhome! They tried to get me to budge on the price and I told them that if they couldn't do it at the price I offered, it was up to them to come back to me with a number, not for me to come with a 2nd number. He then said he'd take it back to his sales manager but asked for a credit card to put a fairly substantial down payment if the manager accepted it. I had no problem with this as I know from selling cars a brief time in my life four decades ago that the dealer has to know you are committed and not just shopping for a price to take to another dealer. I agreed and he called me back and told me they would accept my offer, IF I could take delivery next week before the end of the month. No problem!

Excited, scared, anxious, ...it's all in there somewhere. But mostly, excited. Hopefully, this next stage of retirement will work out as we envisioned it!
Old 05-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #166
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Well, it looks like we have a motorhome! They tried to get me to budge on the price and I told them that if they couldn't do it at the price I offered, it was up to them to come back to me with a number, not for me to come with a 2nd number. He then said he'd take it back to his sales manager but asked for a credit card to put a fairly substantial down payment if the manager accepted it. I had no problem with this as I know from selling cars a brief time in my life four decades ago that the dealer has to know you are committed and not just shopping for a price to take to another dealer. I agreed and he called me back and told me they would accept my offer, IF I could take delivery next week before the end of the month. No problem!

Excited, scared, anxious, ...it's all in there somewhere. But mostly, excited. Hopefully, this next stage of retirement will work out as we envisioned it!
Congratulations.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #167
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations!!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:24 PM   #168

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Congratulations.
Thanks, Jamie! Head is spinning from how fast this is going!
Old 05-21-2019, 03:48 PM   #169

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Big CONGRATULATIONS, Tim! I do hope that credit card you gave for the 'substantial down payment' gives you great miles/points! Camping World limited us to $2000 on credit card for our down-payment. Enjoy your new Vegas! We love our 25.3 and have enjoyed our trips. Just a little advice here... Dont do Tonto National Forest from Tortilla Flats to the end past Roosevelt Lake without a tube of locktite at the ready! (Yes...we were probably the only recorded class A to traverse that route).Enjoy!
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:56 PM   #170

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
Big CONGRATULATIONS, Tim! I do hope that credit card you gave for the 'substantial down payment' gives you great miles/points! Camping World limited us to $2000 on credit card for our down-payment. Enjoy your new Vegas! We love our 25.3 and have enjoyed our trips. Just a little advice here... Dont do Tonto National Forest from Tortilla Flats to the end past Roosevelt Lake without a tube of locktite at the ready! (Yes...we were probably the only recorded class A to traverse that route).Enjoy!
Thanks!

I actually put it on a card that was completely blank and has no reward miles or whatever. I know that when we close the transaction next week, the money will be refunded to the card, so those miles wouldn't stay anyway!

I will definitely cross that trip off my list, with the notation "someone already did it"!
Old 05-21-2019, 10:56 PM   #171

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Change of direction; now looking at Axis/Vegas 24.1

Congratulations on the new machine and your coming travels! I’d recommend a couple of local short trips to try everything. You’ll probably find a number of items that need repair or adjustment and you’ll want to take care of those items before the camping season gets fully underway. All the best.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:25 PM   #172

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Congratulations on the new machine and your coming travels! I’d recommend a couple of local short trips to try everything. You’ll probably find a number of items that need repair or adjustment and you’ll want to take care of those items before the camping season gets fully underway. All the best.
Thanks, Pete! We definitely plan on a few quick trips. The great part for us is, we are at a campground (owned by my daughter and son-in-law) all summer in our 5th wheel, so we'll be able to experiment on site and maybe even spend a few nights in it so we can see what we are missing, then run to our trailer and get it!

My salesperson was pretty up front about it, too. He said we were going to find a list of things that needed addressing, so write those down and schedule an appointment after a few weeks and bring the rig in and leave it for a day to be corrected.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:05 AM   #173

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
About that Daughter's campground...is there a secret password for us forum members??
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:15 AM   #174

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
About that Daughter's campground...is there a secret password for us forum members??
I said I stayed there; I didn't say I stayed there for free! I do know that you'll get a much better rate if you don't mention that you know me.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:14 PM   #175

State: California
THOR #10044
Axis/Vegas answers Yeah-more responses

We also ended up with an Axis after "re-discovering" it. So many things to love about it.

Windshield: The night shade is fantastic. Works as night shade AND the best sun visor ever! We've owned several different rigs over the years and driving into the sun has always been a problem. Not with the Axis!

Storage: Great storage no matter which model. Though the 24.1 has the largest compartment. All models have more storage than most all C's of the same length or longer. We have the 25.3

Bikes: We put them on a hitch mounted bike rack. Easy. When towing the Jeep they go on the Jeep hitch. You can also get a double hitch from etrailer if your tow car doesn't have a hitch.

Microwave: My wife is a cook. We had always had an oven on previous rigs.
She thought she would miss it. Now she swears by the convection microwave. Like most folks our gas oven was mostly used for...... storage!
Old 05-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #176

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomarsh View Post
We also ended up with an Axis after "re-discovering" it. So many things to love about it.

Windshield: The night shade is fantastic. Works as night shade AND the best sun visor ever! We've owned several different rigs over the years and driving into the sun has always been a problem. Not with the Axis!

Storage: Great storage no matter which model. Though the 24.1 has the largest compartment. All models have more storage than most all C's of the same length or longer. We have the 25.3

Bikes: We put them on a hitch mounted bike rack. Easy. When towing the Jeep they go on the Jeep hitch. You can also get a double hitch from etrailer if your tow car doesn't have a hitch.

Microwave: My wife is a cook. We had always had an oven on previous rigs.
She thought she would miss it. Now she swears by the convection microwave. Like most folks our gas oven was mostly used for...... storage!
Good info. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

As for the bikes, I simply had to compromise and realize they were going to have to travel outside. We have a four-bike Thule rack and I also have one of the double hitches. I was just hoping that our two road bikes would fit into the basement storage, but that's not to be. If we are doing a race and we are concerned with the elements on the way there, they can ride on the inside of the coach, strapped to the wall or something. Still planning on picking up a nice Skinz cover, or something similar.

Glad to hear another person who doesn't miss the oven. These stories are helping us put our minds at ease!
Old 05-28-2019, 02:54 AM   #177

State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:

Congratulations!! I am so happy for y’all!
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:44 PM   #178

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabs4 View Post
Congratulations!! I am so happy for y’all!
Thanks! We pick it up tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:06 PM   #179
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Good luck: don't forget to ask lots of questions!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:14 PM   #180

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Good luck: don't forget to ask lots of questions!
What? Like we don't know it all already???