Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Kentucky
THOR #1252
Smile Chateau 35SB Bedding

We are picking up our new Chateau 35SB in a couple of weeks. I am just looking for suggestions of any kind on the unit, but specifically, what size bedding/sheets did you use on the over cab bunk. This is our first C class and I am excited to add all we need to make it most comfortable for our family.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Super C Chateau 35SK
State: Texas
THOR #921
We purchased a new 35SK in June of this year. We use King Size sheets. While the information from Thor states it is King Size, our actual size was 72 x 76 inches. Not quite a real king size. As for the mattress, while my wife found it comfortable enough, I am 6'2" and 230 pounds and found it too thin for my liking. We found a company in Colorado to make a mattress for us and it is great.

When you pick up the MH, try to stay in the unit for a day or so prior to taking it home. Get all of the little things fixed before you leave. It is more difficult to get schedules together to get things fixed later.

Be sure to have them show you where the low point drains are. Ours was very difficult to find.

I hope you enjoy the MH!
Old 09-12-2015, 08:03 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
We just picked up our new Chateau 35SK. The person doing the PDI wasn't sure where the low point drains were. The factory also failed to mark the 12 volt fuse circuits on the cover. I called Thor, and one of the Techs emailed me a copy of the water and electrical schematics which were extremely helpful. Not only did I find the low point drains, they are behind a drawer in the bedroom, I also found out the bathroom sink drains into the black tank. Just be sure to have the last 8 digits of your VIN when you call Thor.

Fred
Old 09-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Our dealer told us the drain on the outside was the low point drain. I made the comment that it seemed strange that there was only one. I said that there is normally one for the hot and one for the cold. He said "They must tie them together in someway." I didn't argue but did determine that the drain he said was the low point drain was actually the drain for the fresh water tank. Have not yet found the low point drain although I did get schematic from Thor that should help me find them when i get the opportunity.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
On the 35SK the low point drains are right across from the fresh water tank. They are right up against the wall on the drivers side of the coach. I had to remove the bottom drawer from the closet unit to find it. They are almost impossible to see without taking out the drawer. Would not have known where to look without the schematic from Thor.

Fred
Old 09-15-2015, 04:08 AM   #6

Model: Chateau 31w
State: California
THOR #1556
I used Advanced Bedding to make custom sheets for the short queen bed, dinette bed and the jack knife sofa. You furnish them the length and width and mattress thickness for a custom fit. They also can add corner elastic straps to keep sheets from moving. Well worth the money in my opinion.
RVI Brake2
RMS31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #7

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
You have discovered that the RV salesmen, like auto salesmen, know very little about the products they sell! They do know how to talk and sell you items you do not want nor can afford! Sad!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
35sb, bedding, chateau, sheets, suggestions