Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2017, 08:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #7268
Chateau 31E - Water Filter?

Is there a water filter on the Chateau 31E? If so, where is it? I have looked every place that I could think to find it, and I could not find it. I would have expected it to be under the sing because that is where the City water connection is and the water heater, but I did not see one.

The only reason that I think that there should be a filter is that there was a new filter cartridge and one of those plastic wrenches to take the filter off when I got the camper new. I would not expect to find those if it was not in there.

The fresh water tank is on the other side (passenger side) and I even dug under the bed where that tank is, and I did not see any filter there. I am just wondering if I did not see it, they forgot to install it, or if there is not suppose to be one.

Thank you for any help.

Matt

Old 04-26-2017, 09:51 PM   #2

Model: 31e Four Winds
State: Delaware
THOR #7159
Mine was behind the drawers under the kitchen sink. It was hard to see.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:57 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
My 2017 Freedom Elite 29fe was shipped with a filter and wrench, but I have no filter.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:13 AM   #4

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Our 31L had a filter behind the drawers next to the kitchen sink. We had to pull the drawers out to get to it. We have since removed it completely since it only filtered the cold water to the kitchen sink.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:52 AM   #5

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
Our 31L had a filter behind the drawers next to the kitchen sink. We had to pull the drawers out to get to it. We have since removed it completely since it only filtered the cold water to the kitchen sink.
Interesting... I've crawled around looking and poking most everywhere & I've yet to find one in mine. I'll have to look there a bit more closely.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:13 AM   #6

THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
Interesting... I've crawled around looking and poking most everywhere & I've yet to find one in mine. I'll have to look there a bit more closely.
I hope this works. Here is a link to a post and picture I put in back when I first found my filter.
Thor Forums - View Single Post - Question on location of water filter in 2016 Chateau 31L
Old 04-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #7

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
boy that is some beautiful engineering work there.... to be able to place the filter in such a way that it's impossible to clean/replace. They met the challenge!

I appreciate that. I'll check that area more thoroughly in mine the next time I have a few minutes.

Side note.... I replaced the screws holding the panel on front of the water pump, as well as the panel to the water heater, with socket head machine screws and thread inserts. I figured it wouldn't take long for the wood screws to loose their hold taking them off and on every season.
I ended up buggering up the cabinet frame more than I wold have liked....some kind of cheap laminate skin and not a real wood veneer over that frame....but it's ok enough for my purposes
Old 04-28-2017, 12:25 AM   #8

Model: Vegas
State: Iowa
THOR #2078
Ours is right under the kitchen sink, in cabinet and right at the front. Quite accessible. Chateau 31L.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:40 AM   #9

THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Ours is right under the kitchen sink, in cabinet and right at the front. Quite accessible. Chateau 31L.

I have the plumbing diagram from Thor and that is where it is supposed to be. But the diagram also shows that it is a whole house filter. But it isn't. The diagram is also in the same thread as the picture I posted earlier.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:32 AM   #10

Model: XG 32 Omni
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
X2 on our 2016 31L.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #11

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
I see answers here for the 31L, but not for the 31E, which was the original question. I just bought a new 31E and have the same question. I looked all under the kitchen sink behind the drawers and could not find a water filter there.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #12
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Our Outlaw 29H has it under the sink, and on the left hand side...

EDIT: I just checked the specs for the Chateau 31E... they DO list a filtration system as standard equipment!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote