Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2016, 11:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Iowa
THOR #2078
Exclamation Check your roof seals....

We just had our Thor Vegas 25.1, 2015, in for its end of season work. We took it to the local RV dealer which does not carry Thor, but that is okay because we are out of warranty. They did a roof inspection and sent pictures. Most of the seals were failing or were never there in the first place, so beware. They fixed that. Also had mud daubers in the frig and furnace and they put covers on. Furnace never did work right. Other things were improvements we asked for, such as valve extenders for inside duals and improved steering and handling components. We were thinking of trading it in, but have not found anything we prefer more. We find the bathroom too small and would like a front couch because the dogs sit on the table, even though there are couches in the rear. Also like more storage for dog agility equipment. But we have coped.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:21 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
We just had our Thor Vegas 25.1, 2015, in for its end of season work. We took it to the local RV dealer which does not carry Thor, but that is okay because we are out of warranty. They did a roof inspection and sent pictures. Most of the seals were failing or were never there in the first place, so beware. They fixed that. Also had mud daubers in the frig and furnace and they put covers on. Furnace never did work right. Other things were improvements we asked for, such as valve extenders for inside duals and improved steering and handling components. We were thinking of trading it in, but have not found anything we prefer more. We find the bathroom too small and would like a front couch because the dogs sit on the table, even though there are couches in the rear. Also like more storage for dog agility equipment. But we have coped.
Would love to see a few of these pictures they sent you....
Old 12-11-2016, 12:46 AM   #3

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang94@hot.rr.com View Post
Would love to see a few of these pictures they sent you....
Second that. I am about to get up on my roof for my 6 month inspection and I would love to see your pics and know where to look for possible problems on my Axus.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:23 AM   #4

THOR #1249
As long as we are talking about roof leaks; just pulled into campground last Mon. to set up and discovered water in the shower and beside toilet and floor. The leak was in the area of the shower dome or opening vent. We had torrential rain in the panhandle which exposed the leak. I went up on the roof during the rain and put down some roof tape around parts of the dome and opening vent. It stopped the leak, although, I am going to have to re-do the job correctly when I get a chance.
I had just inspected all the seams and caulk on the roof a few weeks ago and it looked ok, but a hard driving rain can find the smallest opening . I will remove all the caulking and re-apply in those areas soon.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:06 PM   #5

Model: Vegas
State: Iowa
THOR #2078
Pictures

Here are a few. We did note water coming in on floor near bathroom and thought it was a condensation issue or dogs kicking over water bowl.Name:  123_13_resized[1].jpg
Views: 396
Size:  19.6 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	123_14_resized[1].jpg
Views:	139
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	3515

Click image for larger version

Name:	123_16_resized[1].jpg
Views:	101
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	3516

Name:  123_17_resized[1].jpg
Views: 474
Size:  16.3 KB

Name:  123_18_resized[1].jpg
Views: 415
Size:  14.4 KB
Old 12-14-2016, 01:13 AM   #6

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Thanks.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:36 AM   #7

State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Here are a few. We did note water coming in on floor near bathroom and thought it was a condensation issue or dogs kicking over water bowl.Attachment 3514

Attachment 3515

Attachment 3516

Attachment 3517

Attachment 3518
We have had a few spots like that that I filled shortly after we go our MH... Hhhmmm.... think its time to take another look... Thanks for the pics....
Old 12-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #8

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Buddy of mine has a 2013 42' toy hauler. He stores it down here from around September to April, then travels away from Florida much of the summer. The skylight over his shower dried out and caved in last year!

I try to get up on my roof every month. I haven't noticed any problems with sealants yet. I use 303 to coat my skylights and air conditioner covers every time I go up there. UV is a killer on these RV's down here.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof seals