Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2016, 09:47 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Question CD player with back camera

I purchased a 2016 Thor axis I want to listen to the CD player but also want to watch the backup camera I pull a small car Any help would be deeply appreciated

Old 04-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
With the Axxerra radio while the CD is playing press and hold the mode button for 2 seconds. You cannot adjust the volume of the CD while the camera is being viewed.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #3

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Thanks so much for your help Camping World didn't seem to know much about the radio And I'm no hi tech wizard by a long shot Again thanks very much!
Old 05-02-2016, 05:25 AM   #4

Model: Sprinter Citation 24ST
State: New Mexico
THOR #2420
I had the same response from the folks at La Mesa Albuquerque and by phone with the first Axxera rep I contacted. Thanks to the forum for putting out the information.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:14 AM   #5

Model: Miramar 34.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1212
Dave I've been trying to just use the Axxera radio while viewing my tow vehicle by the rear camera but can't get it to work. Is there a way I can use the radio at the same time, thanks much. I have a 34.1 Miramar.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:30 AM   #6
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheb454 View Post
Dave I've been trying to just use the Axxera radio while viewing my tow vehicle by the rear camera but can't get it to work. Is there a way I can use the radio at the same time, thanks much. I have a 34.1 Miramar.
The same way as with a CD. When you have the radio set to the station and volume you want press and hold the mode button for 2 seconds and it will switch to the camera display while the radio is playing.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-12-2016, 01:49 AM   #7

THOR #1212
Radio Question

Thanks much Dave, I'll try that tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:17 AM   #8
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The same way as with a CD. When you have the radio set to the station and volume you want press and hold the mode button for 2 seconds and it will switch to the camera display while the radio is playing.
Thank YOU Dave ! We will be pulling the enclosed trailer on our upcoming trip and I know Ron will want to view it from time to time. I have figured out most of the Axxera features...you saved me some time !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Kay,

The tricky part is that when you are using the camera you can not change channels OR volume...and volume control can be tricky because as you are setting up the radio to drive you are probably sitting in the driveway with the engine idleing. But at 60 MPH the engine makes a lot more noise so do not be supprised if it drowns out the Radio volumn setting chosen at idle.

I could not find an option/setting on the Axxera that automaticallly adjusts volumn for background noise. If anyone has found one let me know.

Doc

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #10
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Kay,

The tricky part is that when you are using the camera you can not change channels OR volume...and volume control can be tricky because as you are setting up the radio to drive you are probably sitting in the driveway with the engine idleing. But at 60 MPH the engine makes a lot more noise so do not be supprised if it drowns out the Radio volumn setting chosen at idle.

I could not find an option/setting on the Axxera that automaticallly adjusts volumn for background noise. If anyone has found one let me know.

Doc

Doc
THANK YOU DOC ! If Ron holds true to what he has done in the past..he, occasionally, checks the trailer with the camera....he has pulled the trailer many miles as well as boat and jet ski trailers. If it feels good back there and it feels like there is nothing back there...he is a happy camper !!

Regarding the volume on the Axxera..as I have not tried this yet..I am wondering, if a person uses the remote to adjust the radio while the camera is in use...if that would work. Have you or anyone else tried that?
I realize the camera is supposed to have audio...that may be the source of the problem as well.

Anyhow...for us...it will not be an issue. !

Happy day !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Kay,

Doc

Doc
For background noise, one of the things that happened to me is while driving I forgot to lower the volume for the exterior microphone and then when I was listening to the sirius radio and viewing the rear camera I was getting a lot of what I felt was static. It turned out to be wind and road noise being picked up by the exterior microphone. If your coach has the exterior mic you might try turning its volume down while driving.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-12-2016, 01:28 PM   #12

THOR #1212
Hey Dave it worked don't know what I was doing wrong before but thanks much I can view the rear camera while listing to the radio. I'll try the CD player next. I'll be leaving tomorrow for the Dover race this weekend and this will make it better, take care.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #13
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheb454 View Post
Hey Dave it worked don't know what I was doing wrong before but thanks much I can view the rear camera while listing to the radio. I'll try the CD player next. I'll be leaving tomorrow for the Dover race this weekend and this will make it better, take care.
Your Miramar should have the rear mic so when viewing the camera and listening to the radio the volume control will turn the volume for the rear camera up or down and not the radio. From experience I will tell you the rear mic does a better job picking up road noise than it does with a ground guide trying to give directions while backing. Believe me when I say that truck exhaust stacks are the perfect height for the exterior microphone and diesel exhaust brakes going downhill are loud. But rest assured, you'll only make that mistake once.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-12-2016, 01:45 PM   #14

THOR #1212
Thanks Dave, I didn't know that and will most likely learn the hard way, thanks again.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #15

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Kay,

I will dig out the remote and try that angle on the volume this weekend.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:45 PM   #16

THOR #1212
I'll give that a try too, see what happens.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:34 PM   #17
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Kay,

Doc
Doc...
yeh ... let me know how that works ... we will not be out of the driveway this weekend...but may get a chance to check it out anyway.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-12-2016, 08:31 PM   #18

Model: windsport 27k
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2451
Awesome news I was going to purchase a camera that stays on.Had no idea this could be done :-)!.thank you.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:45 PM   #19
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Kay,

Doc
The last time I fiddled with the remote the volume button works the same as on the radio. My remote has been sentenced to useless remote prison although when the dealer replaced my radio they pardoned and kidnapped the old remote and left a recently convicted remote in its place. Since my coach is in the driveway and I need to stash the remote, I'll give another try tomorrow before transporting it to prison.

Fortunately for the other remotes they are allow to participate in a work release program and they are periodically sprung for good behavior.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-13-2016, 01:46 AM   #20
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The last time I fiddled with the remote the volume button works the same as on the radio. My remote has been sentenced to useless remote prison although when the dealer replaced my radio they pardoned and kidnapped the old remote and left a recently convicted remote in its place. Since my coach is in the driveway and I need to stash the remote, I'll give another try tomorrow before transporting it to prison.

Fortunately for the other remotes they are allow to participate in a work release program and they are periodically sprung for good behavior.
Quote:
Kay,

Doc
Doc...Dave ..thank you for the feedback. Today I did check the Axxera radio with the rear camera on...the remote will not adjust the sound.
The remote is not as efficient as tapping the screen .. I cannot find an auto search mode on the radio...am I overlooking the obvious?
I did discover how to do the presets on the radio...which...yes, will be useless when we get out of our area...but I had to accept the challenge.
The Axxera is just OK and will serve the purpose as we often listen to CD's
when on the road. Have either of you attached your phone to the radio to play your tune list?
I am pleased with the Sony speakers. I like the EQ.
Have not tried an sd card or usb drive yet.

k
Jeep Wrangler TJ