Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: Idaho
THOR #5564
2017 29m Possible Fire Hazards

We've have had our Windsport 29m for just a year. We experienced the usual minor break-in issues, but over all the unit has performed well and we love it. When we got our rig I took several days to carefully inspect everything I could. I found a loose LPG line and numerous unsecured electrical wires, including a sensor lead that had been lying on the exhaust and was burnt thru. A little tightening with a wrench and bunch of wire ties pretty much avoided what could have led to big problems. We also had an issue with a water line to the bathroom being pinched when the slide out was extended. I found the pinch point, reorganized some water lines and electrical cables to fix the problem. This bad spot was located in the top of the drain access storage bin, if the waterline had been left in place it would have been damaged and blown the line. After an extensive shake down road trip this summer we had a list of eleven warranty repair issues for the dealer. The two biggest were a bad furnace and an occasional burnt wood smell coming from the area near the top of the fridge. As it turned out both were fire hazards. Wires in the furnace were not properly secured, they lying on the exhaust, melted thru and shorting out on the metal vent pipe. The refrigerator had been improperly installed and a part of the wood structure was being burned. This information is our way of a Public Service Advisory to our fellow Thor MotorHome Owners!

2017 Windsport 29m
2017 Chev Colorado Crew Cab Diesel 4X4 Toad
pengoquin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
29m, burning smell, fire hazard