Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Tennessee
THOR #4231
Cockpit overhead bed problem

On the way home with our new Challenger and stopped for the night. After 4 hours of bouncing down the highway, the cockpit bed had dropped down onto the pins, leaving a 1.5 inch gap between the frame and the ceiling. Now it will not budge. The bed up button does nothing.

I thought I remembered reading about this issue, but the search function has not located any info. Of course this was after hours, so nobody at Thor or dealer☹️.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
This happens to me too. I found if I toggle the bunk switch to the up position it wont go up for me either. I just toggle the switch up a few times and the bunk will move up to release the pins.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Tennessee
THOR #4231
THANK YOU! Ours has the new controls that aren't toggle switches, but I pressed down and then up right away and the motor kicked in and got it up off the pins!
Old 09-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #1226
The passenger side pin for the overhead bunk keeps falling out and the bunk lowers about 3 inches on that side. We never use this bunk and it is strange that this just happen on our last trip. Its on my list of things to fix.

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #5

State: Ohio
THOR #8515
the same thing happened to me last week. The pins both fell out while driving and the bed dropped down and crooked. I got it down but then would not go up[great] of course it was ater hrs for thor tech,said leave a msg.I got on line and looked in the forums and found that it needed to be reset. I held the down button down for a few seconds then tried the up ,it went up correctly. The also said once the bed is up put the pins in then drop it down onto the pins to hold them in place.