Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
Dash Fan.

I am replacing the dash fan on my Axis 25.2 and what a PITA. They could have made it "SO" easy if they would have put some thought into it. I did some modification under the dash to get it out, otherwise it looked like I would have had to remove the entire dash. I called Thor for help cause I couldn't find where the fan was. The tech did not know where the fan was. He looked it up and said it was under the panel on the dash on the drivers side and was going to e mail the schematic. He never did. It was under the desk on the passenger side hidden by one of the vent hoses. Next time it will be a piece of cake. I have seen so many times on so many products where things could be so much easier if the engineers and or designers would just stop and think for minute that someone may have to work on this sometime. I guess I just needed to vent.

Old 11-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrooney View Post
I have seen so many times on so many products where things could be so much easier if the engineers and or designers would just stop and think for minute that someone may have to work on this sometime. I guess I just needed to vent.
My thoughts exactly. Just finished changing the eng. air filter on the Vegas and had to use some strong language after many times trying to get the *&% clamp that holds the unit together to snap correctly.

The old filter wasn't all that dirty and probably did not need to change it so soon, but had a couple on the self and decided to go ahead for some up coming trips.
FWIW, I had approx. 36K miles on the air filter which was mostly coast to coast driving, desert, mountains, shore hwys. So, if you don't need to change it...........DON'T.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Op,
You just did exactly what the tech you disparage did. You didn't follow through in a helpful way.

Please post a picture of the location and a description of the labor you did so others can benefit from your experience.

You wanted to benefit from the techs experience, we want to benefit from your experience.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...ggg-19690.html

The link above is a very good example of community.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #4

THOR #15515
How can you say that? I believe I told you where the fan was located which is exactly what I asked the tech to do. I certainly did not mean to disparage him. If you need pics on top of my description of where the fan is then maybe you shouldn't be working on your own buggy.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #5

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
... I did some modification under the dash to get it out, otherwise it looked like I would have had to remove the entire dash....
Old 11-07-2019, 07:31 PM   #6

THOR #15515
You know DF there are a whole lot better ways to ask for pictures than the way you did. I found that to be very condescending.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #7

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Just finished changing the eng. air filter on the Vegas and had to use some strong language after many times trying to get the *&% clamp that holds the unit together to snap correctly.

The old filter wasn't all that dirty and probably did not need to change it so soon, but had a couple on the self and decided to go ahead for some up coming trips.
FWIW, I had approx. 36K miles on the air filter which was mostly coast to coast driving, desert, mountains, shore hwys. So, if you don't need to change it...........DON'T.
EZ to remove the Air Filter
Very difficult to get that final snap back together
I just changed mine out at 12K
Purchased a generic brand from Amazon

E350-450 Engine Air Filter $9.42 Amazon Prime
Old 11-07-2019, 11:41 PM   #8

THOR #15515
I have changed the filter on mine with no issues.
Thanks