Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New Jersey
THOR #11592
Code 9 on SlideOut on FE30

My brand new 2018 Freedom Elite 30FE is now showing a code 9 on Bedroom Slide. I know that it is most likely a wiring problem (based on Docs). The slide is currently in and will not go out. Has anyone else had this problem on a new rig? Can i use the manual override to put the slide out and is it a risky practice. I have a reservation for Memorial Day and would like to use the slide. If i do a manual override is there a chance I will not be able to get the slide back in?
My rig has less than 200 miles since leaving the Dealer.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:00 PM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
At this point I have to use manual override at each site I am at. Waiting for a new slide motor replacement. I have used manual about 20 times now and it has worked fine every time.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #3

Model: 2018 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New Jersey
THOR #11592
Code 9 Follow-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno1950 View Post
At this point I have to use manual override at each site I am at. Waiting for a new slide motor replacement. I have used manual about 20 times now and it has worked fine every time.
Did you have a code 9 or was your issue a different code? Do you need two people to accomplish it or is there a time limit? Can I damage anything operating the slide in this manner?
Old 05-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
Had and have a code 9. The override will time out. Not sure how long after you engage it but I have the DW inside the coach and once I engage the override I knock on the side and she retracts it. Going to do the same this morning. I have not damaged anything yet. I am sure that there would be some damage if I didn’t retract it. Wonder what it’s like driving down the road with a full wall slide fully extended
Old 05-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #5
lug

Model: ACE 32.1
State: Michigan
THOR #11442
On my 32.1, with 163 miles, I had both slides flashing code 9, Hall Power Short to Ground. Both slides functioned correctly while using the generator but didn't do squat on battery. It turned out to be my house batteries needed charging.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:10 PM   #6

State: California
THOR #17196
Thought I would share my experience in case anyone else has this problem. I was having an issue with the error code 9 as well on both the main slide control unit and the controller for the bed over the cab on my 2017 34j. I spent quite some time trying to figure it out through forums and videos to no avail. I tried to schedule a mobile repair to come out as my slide was extended and couldn’t get it to come in. After no one being available I decided to figure it out on my own thinking that it has to be a ground wire somewhere. So I took off the bed in the back and got into the wiring. For those that don’t know, all the main wiring, transfer box, etc. is under the bed and you access it by removing the screws and removing the panel that is on the left, above the breaker panel. Anyways, it turns out the main ground post that is bolted into the side of the bed, look for a bunch of white wires going into the post, was loose. All I had to do was tighten the nut and that solved the problem. Happy RV’ing.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:00 PM   #7

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Does your slide move a couple of inches then stop?

2 of our slides have failed because of damage wires at the motors. I repaired both.

MOST slides motors are easy to replace, here's a YouTube.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:16 AM   #8

Model: M29 Windsport
State: California
THOR #17124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauchokurt View Post
Thought I would share my experience in case anyone else has this problem. I was having an issue with the error code 9 as well on both the main slide control unit and the controller for the bed over the cab on my 2017 34j. I spent quite some time trying to figure it out through forums and videos to no avail. I tried to schedule a mobile repair to come out as my slide was extended and couldn’t get it to come in. After no one being available I decided to figure it out on my own thinking that it has to be a ground wire somewhere. So I took off the bed in the back and got into the wiring. For those that don’t know, all the main wiring, transfer box, etc. is under the bed and you access it by removing the screws and removing the panel that is on the left, above the breaker panel. Anyways, it turns out the main ground post that is bolted into the side of the bed, look for a bunch of white wires going into the post, was loose. All I had to do was tighten the nut and that solved the problem. Happy RV’ing.
I am having the same issue on my 2018 Windsport. Wow i have been looking for this answer. Thor sent two replacement controllers that didnt help. I will loo, under my bed in the AM. Thanks

Tags
code 9, slideout