Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod'sMom View Post
Oh no, Your troubles are not making me confidant about getting a 25.2 this fall. I have a handicapped adult son and want to buy in Dec and the leave for Florida. Not sounding good, reading your posts. I hope all gets repaired and you have a wonderful trip. I have had motorhomes and traveled with him all over the US. It makes it easier to care for him and eliminates the bathroom problems.
Hi Rod's Mom I am learning that complaints are common ( I have met people along that way) BUT my understanding is that the problems are will ALL new motorhomes no matter how much you spend. I wanted to avoid the problems because I am traveling alone with with my 21 year old daughter who has cerebral palsy. I didn't want to be stuck some where broken down waiting on a part or service so I bought new. I am now learning that I should have bought a few years old so the kinks have been worked through. I do LOVE my little home on wheels with all of its kinks. We named it Loki the god of mischief- Thor's step brother. We are Loki's girls LOLOL

Old 05-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #42
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokisgirls2016 View Post
Hi Rod's Mom I am learning that complaints are common ( I have met people along that way) BUT my understanding is that the problems are will ALL new motorhomes no matter how much you spend. I wanted to avoid the problems because I am traveling alone with with my 21 year old daughter who has cerebral palsy. I didn't want to be stuck some where broken down waiting on a part or service so I bought new. I am now learning that I should have bought a few years old so the kinks have been worked through. I do LOVE my little home on wheels with all of its kinks. We named it Loki the god of mischief- Thor's step brother. We are Loki's girls LOLOL
Sounds like you are doing OK. Have a FUN trip ! and post some photo !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:20 AM   #43

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #2942
Fort Wilderness

We were at Fort Wilderness just last week. We had a wonderful time! Great bicycle/walking sidewalks, swimming pools, and dog park. We did not go to any of the parks. We did take a carriage ride one night. Two tips: buy your groceries before you get too close to Disney. It is impossible to find a grocery store and food in the gift shop is expensive. Also, take the time to walk or ride around the different campsites. Some are decorated so cute.

Again, we had a wonderful time. Have fun on your trip to Maine. We plan on heading that way this year too.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #44
Lyn

State: New Jersey
THOR #4393
Rooftop AC unit not working

We just picked up our 2016 Thor axis 25.2 At the dealership I noted it was not blowing cold air. The guy went up and fiddled with and and seemed to resolve the problem it started blowing cold air. Get it home no cold air I had a trip planned for this weekend. Now I will not be able to take it. Ugh. Brand new ! Shop can't take it for 2 weeks. I also noticed very difficult to steer. I guess I will need to do that alignment and get those stabilizers put on. I hope I didn't just buy a big headache

Lyn
Old 05-30-2016, 07:59 PM   #45

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Muleshoe-
Exactly the same thing with our 24.1 Axis as far as steering issue you discussed. After much consternation, waiting, calls to Thor, visit to the Ford dealer.... no one wanted to pay for the alignment. Thor promised me $250 which I have not received yet.... I bit the bullet in the interest of safety and comfort and paid for the alignment and the installation of a Saf-T-Plus stabilizer. It drives perfectly now.
What did this cost you? Thanks.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #46

Model: Axis
State: Washington
THOR #2137
Best advice I can give anyone getting a Axis is use it and get it in for any issues before year 1 is over. We have a 2015 and its been in the shop a ton (we have 9,000 miles on it). Lots of little issues but feels like every trip we take it on we have to drop it off at Camping World after for some problem. To be fair half of the issues has just been with Camping World messing stuff up.

-Alignment mandatory ours drove horrible when we got it. Camping World said they couldnt do it we eventually paid out of pocket and went to a Truck place to get it done.

-Wiper motor went out during one of our trip. Order parts 3 weeks later fixed

- A/C in cab doesn't work its been in for it 3 times. Each time CW just tell us its working fine and send us home. Fan works it just blows hot air instead of cold air. Luckily we live in PNW so its not hot here often.

-Bathroom door stuck shut the latch wont work. Corrected by Camping World....happened over and over at one point our 4 year old got stuck in there it was super freaky I was ready to chain saw it off..."Fixed" again...Finally the door falls off the track while driving smashed into the oven and cracks. Absolutely terrifying while driving to hear it crash. Lucky our kiddos weren't with us on that trip or they could of been really hurt by it. Thor finally is stepping in and replacing door (hopefully this will fix it). It's "out" of warranty so took forever for approval and were still waiting. It's been 2 months since we first called. I even contacted Thor to ask if I could buy a 2016 door and retrofit it their response was talk to my local dealer. CW told me to talk to them...so frustrating.

- Transmission cable came off clip (plastic piece of junk clip) while we were driving and melted on exhaust pipe. Stranded us for 5 hours on side of the road. Luckily my brother is a mechanic and walked me thru fixing it enough for us to limp it to the local Ford shop where they took care of it.

- Camping World Installed Maxx fans later both fans stopped working after they were fixing something else they wouldn't warranty and we had to pay to replace them.

- Counter top that fold up next to sink one side hinges pulled out stripped and pull of cabinet finish still waiting for it to be fixed

- Camping World installed inverter for us. 1st one completely failed week 1, second one they installed just failed. Hoping they will warranty it waiting for appt still.

We still love our Axis it fits our family of 4 perfectly, it tows our boat or car trailer with no problem and its super easy to drive. I just wish the quality was a bit better and it was easier to get things fixed at CW. We are now going to drive a hour away to try another Camping World hoping they will be better.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:56 AM   #47
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettyboarder View Post
Best advice I can give anyone getting a Axis is use it and get it in for any issues before year 1 is over. We have a 2015 and its been in the shop a ton (we have 9,000 miles on it). Lots of little issues but feels like every trip we take it on we have to drop it off at Camping World after for some problem. To be fair half of the issues has just been with Camping World messing stuff up.

-Alignment mandatory ours drove horrible when we got it. Camping World said they couldnt do it we eventually paid out of pocket and went to a Truck place to get it done.

- A/C in cab doesn't work its been in for it 3 times. Each time CW just tell us its working fine and send us home. Fan works it just blows hot air instead of cold air. Luckily we live in PNW so its not hot here often.

-Bathroom door stuck shut the latch wont work. Corrected by Camping World....happened over and over at one point our 4 year old got stuck in there it was super freaky I was ready to chain saw it off..."Fixed" again...Finally the door falls off the track while driving smashed into the oven and cracks. Absolutely terrifying while driving to hear it crash. Lucky our kiddos weren't with us on that trip or they could of been really hurt by it. Thor finally is stepping in and replacing door (hopefully this will fix it). It's "out" of warranty so took forever for approval and were still waiting. It's been 2 months since we first called. I even contacted Thor to ask if I could buy a 2016 door and retrofit it their response was talk to my local dealer. CW told me to talk to them...so frustrating.

- Transmission cable came off clip (plastic piece of junk clip) while we were driving and melted on exhaust pipe. Stranded us for 5 hours on side of the road. Luckily my brother is a mechanic and walked me thru fixing it enough for us to limp it to the local Ford shop where they took care of it.

- Camping World Installed Maxx fans later both fans stopped working after they were fixing something else they wouldn't warranty and we had to pay to replace them.

- Counter top that fold up next to sink one side hinges pulled out stripped and pull of cabinet finish still waiting for it to be fixed

- Camping World installed inverter for us. 1st one completely failed week 1, second one they installed just failed. Hoping they will warranty it waiting for appt still.

We still love our Axis it fits our family of 4 perfectly, it tows our boat or car trailer with no problem and its super easy to drive. I just wish the quality was a bit better and it was easier to get things fixed at CW. We are now going to drive a hour away to try another Camping World hoping they will be better.
HI ! Sorry to hear about your problems with your Axis. We returned from a 2 week trip a few days ago and are pleased to report all went well (see below referenced exception)....keeping fingers crossed as we leave again in 2 weeks for a 3 week trip.

Regarding your a/c ... we could not get our cab a/c to blow cold...while Ron was driving, I pulled the knobs/dials off the face of the unit...and found all 3 were cracked and broken...thus causing the lack of adjustment on fan...cool/cold...heat/cold.
We got out a pair of needlenose pliers and turned the stem of the a/c to colder and all went well...Next stop...we bought Super Glue and I glued all the parts n pieces back in place. No further problem... I hope the fix to your problem can be so simple. I was going to contact Thor for replacement knobs, but we decided they would pull the new ones from the same bin ours came from !!

Enjoy !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 06-14-2016, 01:44 AM   #48
Lyn

THOR #4393
I have now taken 2 short trips in my Axis 25.2. I did get the wheels aligned. It made a huge difference in drivability! Got the AC working weird it will work on on low but not high. I must say although there are definitely some quality control issues I am really enjoying it�� I had originally looked at the Winnebago Via they are 140,000 this I got for 70,000 so I guess at this price point I can't expect a Mercedes.
I have an appointment tomorrow to get the AC fixed and to get the safe T stabilizer s and rear sway thing put on (don't know all the lingo)
But I like that I can handle it myself and is is suiting me just fine. ��
Old 06-14-2016, 03:38 AM   #49

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
I have now taken 2 short trips in my Axis 25.2. I did get the wheels aligned. It made a huge difference in drivability! Got the AC working weird it will work on on low but not high. I must say although there are definitely some quality control issues I am really enjoying it�� I had originally looked at the Winnebago Via they are 140,000 this I got for 70,000 so I guess at this price point I can't expect a Mercedes.
I have an appointment tomorrow to get the AC fixed and to get the safe T stabilizer s and rear sway thing put on (don't know all the lingo)
But I like that I can handle it myself and is is suiting me just fine. ��
Lyn,
At the last RV show we looked at the Winnebago Via out of curiosity. We bought our 2016 Axis 24.1 in January so we were just looking around to see what else is out there. One of the salesman commented that the Via is too much coach for the Mercedes Sprinter chassis and too much money any way you look at it. I guess what I am getting at is that it seems spending more money isn't always the answer and Mercedes isn't either. My personal feeling is that I don't care what people buy and how much they pay as long as they are happy with the result and their ability to travel. We are truly the lucky ones to be able to travel in no matter what...
Old 06-14-2016, 05:56 AM   #50

THOR #2137
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
HI ! Sorry to hear about your problems with your Axis. We returned from a 2 week trip a few days ago and are pleased to report all went well (see below referenced exception)....keeping fingers crossed as we leave again in 2 weeks for a 3 week trip.

Regarding your a/c ... we could not get our cab a/c to blow cold...while Ron was driving, I pulled the knobs/dials off the face of the unit...and found all 3 were cracked and broken...thus causing the lack of adjustment on fan...cool/cold...heat/cold.
We got out a pair of needlenose pliers and turned the stem of the a/c to colder and all went well...Next stop...we bought Super Glue and I glued all the parts n pieces back in place. No further problem... I hope the fix to your problem can be so simple. I was going to contact Thor for replacement knobs, but we decided they would pull the new ones from the same bin ours came from !!

Enjoy !

K
Thanks for the tip I will check ours out as soon as it gets back from the shop
Old 06-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #51
Lyn

THOR #4393
You are right ��
Old 06-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #52

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #2898
We own a Vegas and have had a few of the issue you are having. Our unit is only 7 months old and been in the shop several time to get all the warranty issues taken care of. They ordered another seat cushion due to tear in the back. Defroster did not work but corrected, recall fix, driver and passenger side windows damaged and needed to be replaced. Unit in the shop currently for window seals pulling away from top corners due to seal shrinkage or incorrect install. Our CW has been good about correcting these items but it takes forever and many trips back.

Passenger side mud flap melted on exhaust pipe and CW said Thor has a fix for the issue. Check your flaps.

keep adding to your list all the items that don't meet your expectations.

I could take me a year to get all items corrected.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #53
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
We own a Vegas and have had a few of the issue you are having. Our unit is only 7 months old and been in the shop several time to get all the warranty issues taken care of. They ordered another seat cushion due to tear in the back. Defroster did not work but corrected, recall fix, driver and passenger side windows damaged and needed to be replaced. Unit in the shop currently for window seals pulling away from top corners due to seal shrinkage or incorrect install. Our CW has been good about correcting these items but it takes forever and many trips back.

Passenger side mud flap melted on exhaust pipe and CW said Thor has a fix for the issue. Check your flaps.

keep adding to your list all the items that don't meet your expectations.

I could take me a year to get all items corrected.
We have a seal which wants to pull away from the drivers side window..Ron is going to fix that issue....mainly because we dont want to miss a trip due to CW work backup.
Regarding the exhaust pipe/mud flap...shortly after we bought our Axis in January, we were privileged to read a discussion about that issue and how many have prevented that...Ron put a attached a piece of angle metal he had in the garage to the flap...problem dodged !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 06-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #54
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Mudflap hitting exhaust pipe can also be fixed with some decorative mudflap weights:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27....html#post5241
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #55

State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettyboarder View Post

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had but believe there's a theme here to stay far away from Camping World service if at all possible.
I'll never go back to one unless stranded and only service available.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #56

THOR #2137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Sorry to hear about the problems you've had but believe there's a theme here to stay far away from Camping World service if at all possible.
I'll never go back to one unless stranded and only service available.
Yeah thats the truth I am trying to avoid them as much as possible. Also I have learned that purchasing a extended warranty is a great idea for RV's. They are now covering problems that Thor will not. Normally I think those extended warranties are junk but its paying for itself this time.

We had the mud flap issue to luckly I had read Jamie's post and Camping World fixed it before we drove it off the lot.

One more issue I forgot people might keep a eye on there heating pad on the water tank. Both of ours came off while driving and got shredded. CW replaced them and it happened again a month later. There fixing them again. Just a heads up to check them every once in a while.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #57

State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check mine.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #58

State: Florida
THOR #4366
3 weeks out yesterday with our new Axis; changed CG's yesterday and guess what...no cold air from the dash A/C. Fuses check good; swapped clutch relay and still no cold air. High pressure switch is ok. Goes in next Monday. This should be interesting as the dash A/C is part Ford stuff and part Thor.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:29 PM   #59
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
3 weeks out yesterday with our new Axis; changed CG's yesterday and guess what...no cold air from the dash A/C. Fuses check good; swapped clutch relay and still no cold air. High pressure switch is ok. Goes in next Monday. This should be interesting as the dash A/C is part Ford stuff and part Thor.
Did you check the adjustment dials/knobs on the cab a/c ? We had same problem and turned out the piece of the knob which fits around the stem for the control was cracked and broken...had to use needle nose pliers to adjust until we got super glue and put dials back together.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 06-15-2016, 01:00 AM   #60

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #1670
We have a 2014 24.1. We had a few of the issues, batteries, mud flap and some other minor issues. So far this year and last our trips have been trouble free and we are happy with our unit. I would like to replace our couch with recliners as soon as fiscally possible.

Tags
axis 24.1