Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Skydivemark -- attached is a picture of the battery schematic for my 2015 Vegas. As you can see just above the batteries there is a 100 amp breaker and to the right of it a 50 amp breaker. The 50 amp is the one that has the yellow flag and is resettable.

This is exactly like what everyone has been saying. I'd bet yours is wired exactly the same way. The only problem is WHERE are those breakers?

I would hope another Four Winds 31L owner would chime in if they know where the breakers are.

Call Thor customer Service again at (877) 855-*2867. Have your RV information (year, model, and VIN). Ask them to send you the production drawing for the battery schematic. They should send it as a .pdf on an email. While you're at it, ask them for all the electrical layout drawings, fresh water, and sewer drawings as well. Tell them you are trying to find exactly where the 50 and 100 amp circuit breakers are for your SPECIFIC VIN.

On my 2015 Vegas the 50 amp is mounted to the left stairwell wall just to the left of the battery (right where Oneilkeys picture shows). But unlike him, my 100 amp with the blue button is not where his is in the battery compartment. Mine is in the sink cabinet, mounted on the interior wall behind the long door in the lower compartment of the cabinet. Standardization of component locations is not a trump suit of Thor RV production.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Schematic.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	19179  

2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:43 PM   #22

State: Florida
THOR #16072
Looked - again - all around the battery box/rack from under the step and from underneath, and the only other thing I see is where the battery negative lines mount to the chassis. No type of device at all within reasonable distance of the batteries.
Weather here has been unfavorable, crawling around on wet concrete isn't my favorite pass time.
I will hopefully have time in the next day or 2 to contact Thor as bevedfelker suggested.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:50 PM   #23

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
I'm guessing you posted this same topic on another forum since I'm not seeing my responses here...or maybe I'm loosing my mind...

Anyway
My 31L does not have the breaker in the battery area either...not that I've ever found ( and I looked). It doesn't show up on the schematic either.
Only the self resetting one I pictured in the other discussion.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:35 PM   #24

THOR #16072
Blw2, yes i also posted in the other forum. I figured the more exposure my problem gets, the better chance of resolution.
As we know, consistency isn't a strong point for motorhome mfgr's.
I'll update when I figure it out.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:29 PM   #25

THOR #8828
Skydivemark, my 31w has no breakers anywhere near the battery box either. I have crawled under and looked many times.
There is a small relay under the bed mounted to the frame. This relay has a small black reset button you can press with a pen. This fixed my problem when my battery switch did nothing ( no audible click ) and batteries would not come on. Rv is in storage so I don’t have a pic to post now. The relay is on the opposite side of frame from the fuse panel. If I recall there are three wires running to it. Maybe that will help.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:40 PM   #26

THOR #16072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Skydivemark, my 31w has no breakers anywhere near the battery box either. I have crawled under and looked many times.
There is a small relay under the bed mounted to the frame. This relay has a small black reset button you can press with a pen. This fixed my problem when my battery switch did nothing ( no audible click ) and batteries would not come on. Rv is in storage so I don’t have a pic to post now. The relay is on the opposite side of frame from the fuse panel. If I recall there are three wires running to it. Maybe that will help.
If it's like the one in the lower right side of the pic, I tried it, no help. The button was only slightly sticking up but did stay in when I pressed it. I did not push it below flush.
Plus I'm not getting voltage drop across it, or am I even getting 12v to it.
Appreciate your input hodgepodge.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	disconnect relay (1).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	19233  
Old 07-27-2019, 10:43 PM   #27

THOR #16072
Here's a pic with sort of a line drawn to it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190719_203455.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	19235  
Old 07-27-2019, 10:51 PM   #28

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydivemark View Post
2015 Thor Four winds 31L, bought it at 1 year old.

Can't get the house battery(s) to turn on. Both batteries are good and have 12.6V. The relay doesn't click (thunk) at all and the gen starter also will not engage - not even a click. Even when I click the gen starter switch down the fuel pump does not run. I'm guessing there is some sort of inline fuse/breaker but I can't find it. All the fuses at the panel and under the bed are good.

Everything works fine on shore power but the gen starter still won't crank.
It first acted up on the road after I tried to start the gen and when we plugged into shore power the battery relay did turn off (thunk) once but would not re-engage.
As for the gen not starting. If you push the start button that is on the gen itself, will it start?
Old 07-27-2019, 11:26 PM   #29

THOR #16072
Quote:
Originally Posted by flrockytop View Post
As for the gen not starting. If you push the start button that is on the gen itself, will it start?
Nope, nothing. Not even a click, same as the switch inside.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:41 PM   #30

THOR #1281
There is a relay with a trip button in the battery control center which is mounted on the fire wall. Remove cover and on the side of the grey relay in the lower right corner is a small button.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:52 PM   #31

THOR #16072
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottendan View Post
There is a relay with a trip button in the battery control center which is mounted on the fire wall. Remove cover and on the side of the grey relay in the lower right corner is a small button.
Firewall? In the engine compartment?
I've looked under the hood and the only thing that looks like "not from Ford" is a 7.5a fuse not in a box. Is it buried & difficult to see/find?
Old 07-28-2019, 12:19 AM   #32

THOR #1281
Quote:
Firewall? In the engine compartment?
I've looked under the hood and the only thing that looks like "not from Ford" is a 7.5a fuse not in a box. Is it buried & difficult to see/find?
It's a box about 9 inches square. Your owners manual should show you where it is.
Battery control center or module
Old 07-28-2019, 12:30 AM   #33

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Thor RVs are very different in equipment and configuration. It would be a lot easier and more useful if everyone would list their coach in their profile so we could post information relevant to that particular RV or at least say “this is how it is in my particular coach”. I have the feeling that there is a lot of “talking past each other” here. What is useful or pertinent to one coach may have little or nothing to do with another.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:43 AM   #34

THOR #16072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Thor RVs are very different in equipment and configuration. It would be a lot easier and more useful if everyone would list their coach in their profile so we could post information relevant to that particular RV or at least say “this is how it is in my particular coach”. I have the feeling that there is a lot of “talking past each other” here. What is useful or pertinent to one coach may have little or nothing to do with another.
Oneilkeys; Exactly.

Owners manual?
I have a roll of bathroom paper more useful than the owners manual. Index says battery isolator is on pg 78, but it's on pg 96. Info in it is very insufficient for real troubleshooting.
It tells me to take out the driver's seat for the battery isolator controller -- then later in the same paragraph it says "on Vegas models". That's an A, mine is a C class.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:51 AM   #35

THOR #4064
Quote:
Nope, nothing. Not even a click, same as the switch inside.
Trace the big red wire from the den set. The other end of it will be at the location of the 50/100amp breaker.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:08 AM   #36

State: New York
THOR #12610
Some rvs have shunts (like an inline fuse) .the pic you posted looked lie what I saw in an rv we were trouble shooting. But you would show voltage drop across terminals.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:47 PM   #37

Model: Four Winds 31W Class C
THOR #14341
Under the bed there is a small 30 amp circut breaker that has a small reset on it. That was tripped on my 16 Four Winds 31w, so I would think that is where you should have one too.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #38

THOR #4064
Quote:
2015 Thor Four winds 31L, bought it at 1 year old.

Can't get the house battery(s) to turn on. Both batteries are good and have 12.6V. The relay doesn't click (thunk) at all and the gen starter also will not engage - not even a click. Even when I click the gen starter switch down the fuel pump does not run. I'm guessing there is some sort of inline fuse/breaker but I can't find it. All the fuses at the panel and under the bed are good.

Everything works fine on shore power but the gen starter still won't crank.
It first acted up on the road after I tried to start the gen and when we plugged into shore power the battery relay did turn off (thunk) once but would not re-engage.

Thanks to this forum I found this page.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

Set up your account, put in your complete VIN and you get every drawing and schematic of your specific rv. Mine printed out to about 28 pages. I have found it to be very useful.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:50 PM   #39

Brand: Still Looking
State: Kentucky
THOR #12161
No battery connection

On my Thor Chateau, the fuse on the hot wire from the battery is between the
walls between the bathroom and the electrical panel. Remove the electrical panel to get to it.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:38 PM   #40

THOR #16072
Quote:
Originally Posted by flrockytop View Post
Thanks to this forum I found this page.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

Set up your account, put in your complete VIN and you get every drawing and schematic of your specific rv. Mine printed out to about 28 pages. I have found it to be very useful.
Fortunately is a slow day at work. Joined that site but don't see anything telling or showing me specifically where it is. One page says the battery control center is in the front driver's wheel well. Hmm? I will look in the morning but I'm guessing it's referring to a A class.
Another page says there's an electrical distribution box in one of the front compartments. I haven't seen anything electrical in any front compartments except for the speakers, and then behind the TV the button for switching from cable to the antenna.