Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2019, 02:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
No time for dealer "service"

So our new Magnitude has a few "issues"...surprise, surprise. However, I bought it to use, have logged 3K miles in three long weekends, have fixed a few things that would cause further damage, duct taped a few things to keep it together, and honestly don't have the time or patience for it to sit at the dealership service department for weeks waiting on approvals/parts/technicians and shoddy work. I let them try to fix ONE thing during the PDI and swore I'd never let them touch it again!

Have read good things about Thor customer service, so will see if they can send me the parts that have fallen off, but am honestly thinking I may need to just bite the bullet and head north for a factory visit. Have never been to Indiana, so might make a cool trip if the snow holds off

For those that have done so...I assume this is an appointment type thing? There for days? Quality repairs?

cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:06 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #11774
You will need an appointment and will probably be scheduled about two months out.

Quality of work is very high. They will assign a tech to your rig who will work full time until done. They don’t work on multiple rigs at once (by the same tech)

This was my experience and I felt it was worth the trip.