Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-31-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
Posts: 18
THOR #15493
Empty weight of '19 32.1

Does anyone know the empty weight of a 2019 A.C.E. 32.1?
__________________

__________________
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
Posts: 399
THOR #5437
Welcome
There should be a sticker somewhere either on the drivers side wall or in a cabinet that states the weight.
__________________

__________________
S.O.B.
Retired and never looked back
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
Posts: 1,382
THOR #6411
My CCC (yellow sticker) is at the bottom right inside of the screen door (2,480 lbs). It list the combined carrying capacity. The max weight (GVWR) is 18,000 listed on the white sticker by the driver's left arm. So 18,000 lbs - 2480 = 15,520 lbs (empty weight). For me add to the empty weight 500 lbs of gas, 300 lbs or water (tank and water heater), 130 lbs of spare tire and rack, and 60 lbs of tools and electrical cables and I have 16,510 lbs total coach empty weight. So, I can load 600 lbs on the front axle and 890 lbs on the rear. Now you see whey I always travel near my max weight.
__________________
Jim & Roy Davis
2016 Hurricane 31S
1961 Rampside in tow
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
Posts: 18
THOR #15493
Thanks guys.

So based on what I found here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GXTSzEoyXFuUZsvC6
and here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ojBWD9aZpY1ZxgNi8

I came up with this. I think this is correct.
Sorry for crappy alignment from Excel

UVW 16,729
GVWR 20,500
GCWR 26,000
GAWR F 7,000
GAWR R 13,500
CCC 3,771
Fuel 80Gal 504
Liquid Propane 88
Fresh 50Gal 417
Gray 67Gal 559
Black 86Gal 717
Total available weight if all tanks are full 1,486
Total average weight with 6 people, 2 dogs and full tanks 18,910
Available weight for supplies, food, clothes and other crap 1,590
Total Avail Towing Weight with 6 People, 2 Dogs, Topped off Tanks but before supplies, food, clothes and other crap 7,090

UVW =GrossVehicleWeightRatingLBS-CargoCarryingCapacityLBS
GVWR 20500
GCWR 26000
GAWR F 7000
GAWR R 13500
CCC 3771
Fuel 80Gal =6.3*80
Liquid Propane 88
Fresh 50Gal =8.34*50
Gray 67Gal =8.34*67
Black 86Gal =8.34*86
Total available weight if all tanks are full =CargoCarryingCapacityLBS-FuelLBS-LiquidPropaneLBS-FreshWaterLBS-GrayWaterLBS-BlackWaterLBS
Total average weight with 6 people, 2 dogs and full tanks =GrossVehicleWeightLBS+(6*154)+(2*60)+FuelLBS+Liqu idPropaneLBS+FreshWaterLBS+(GrayWaterLBS*10%)+(Bla ckWaterLBS*10%)
Available weight for supplies, food, clothes and other crap =GrossVehicleWeightRatingLBS-TotAvgWeight6People2DogsToppedOffTanksLBS
Total Avail Towing Weight with 6 People, 2 Dogs, Topped off Tanks but before supplies, food, clothes and other crap =GrossCombinedVehicleRatingLBS-TotAvgWeight6People2DogsToppedOffTanksLBS
__________________
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:05 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22E
State: New York
Posts: 141
THOR #12119
gray and black tank

I wouldn't be concerned on the weight of the Gray & Black tanks, unless you keep filling the fresh and never empty the gray or black.

In other words as the fresh gets used up it gets lighter, the gray and black tanks then get heavier.
I don't know of anyone that travels with full fresh, gray and black tanks.

There are also plenty of dump stations available including some rest areas and gas stations, also most campgrounds charge a small fee to just dump ($5-$10).

So usually black & gray weight are not issues
__________________
bry899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:29 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
Posts: 18
THOR #15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
I wouldn't be concerned on the weight of the Gray & Black tanks, unless you keep filling the fresh and never empty the gray or black.

In other words as the fresh gets used up it gets lighter, the gray and black tanks then get heavier.
I don't know of anyone that travels with full fresh, gray and black tanks.

There are also plenty of dump stations available including some rest areas and gas stations, also most campgrounds charge a small fee to just dump ($5-$10).

So usually black & gray weight are not issues
I agree. I have a line for total weight just so I know if for example we drive to my folks' place and can top off fresh water from the house but have nowhere to dump gray/black in their community.

For the rest of the calculations, I figured 10% for each (black & gray).

Total average weight with 6 people, 2 dogs and full tanks =GrossVehicleWeightLBS+(6*154)+(2*60)+FuelLBS+Liqu idPropaneLBS+FreshWaterLBS+(GrayWaterLBS*10%)+(Bla ckWaterLBS*10%)
__________________
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:32 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
Posts: 18
THOR #15493
OK, so now to figure out my tow solution.
I don't own anything that I can flat tow (toad).
Steel car trailers are ~2,200 lbs
Aluminum car trailers are ~1,400 lbs
Al is a lot more expensive, but the 800 lbs weight savings start to add up.
__________________
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:56 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Hooligan2's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
Posts: 297
THOR #2812
Terms- CCC applies to towables. The yellow sticker is OCCC "Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity" and applies to motorized vehicles. Full fuel, propane, coolant and engine oil are now included in basic weight of the vehicle. OCCC is what is left for people, (Dogs, cats ferrets etc) fresh and holding tank water, clothes, tools and adult beverage.

In your figures you may be adding fuel and propane that are already included.

Explanation here: New RV weight labels - OCCC replaces CCC

Easy to load for travel and get the rig weighed. CAT scales are easy to find.
__________________
U.S. Coast Guard retired- 1956-1985
Pensacola, Florida
George-the Newfoundland
Lily- the Pug
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:19 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
Posts: 18
THOR #15493
Thank you!
That does help -- a lot.

I am however confused about propane.
You said the propane is included but the write up you linked and follow up posts indicate it's not.
__________________
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22E
State: New York
Posts: 141
THOR #12119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I agree. I have a line for total weight just so I know if for example we drive to my folks' place and can top off fresh water from the house but have nowhere to dump gray/black in their community.

For the rest of the calculations, I figured 10% for each (black & gray).

Total average weight with 6 people, 2 dogs and full tanks =GrossVehicleWeightLBS+(6*154)+(2*60)+FuelLBS+Liqu idPropaneLBS+FreshWaterLBS+(GrayWaterLBS*10%)+(Bla ckWaterLBS*10%)
there are dump stations everywhere, many free, or $5 - $10
https://www.rvdumps.com/ has an interactive map that could helphttps://www.rvdumps.com/
__________________
bry899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:11 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22E
State: New York
Posts: 141
THOR #12119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
OK, so now to figure out my tow solution.
I don't own anything that I can flat tow (toad).
Steel car trailers are ~2,200 lbs
Aluminum car trailers are ~1,400 lbs
Al is a lot more expensive, but the 800 lbs weight savings start to add up.
A Lot of RVers use tow dollies, the tow dolly weighs about 500 pounds, and can handle a 3500 pound car.
__________________
bry899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
Posts: 18
THOR #15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
there are dump stations everywhere, many free, or $5 - $10
https://www.rvdumps.com/ has an interactive map that could helphttps://www.rvdumps.com/
Everywhere is a relative term.
Closest one to my folks' house is 25 minutes away. That's over an hour each trip.
Closest to me is 27 minutes away.
__________________
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:21 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
Posts: 18
THOR #15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
A Lot of RVers use tow dollies, the tow dolly weighs about 500 pounds, and can handle a 3500 pound car.
I can't use a dolly for my M998, '15 Pathfinder, Rock Crawler or my ATV. Just about the only thing that I own that might be towable is my '05 Tahoe but at over 200K on the meter and over 5,000 pounds, I'd rather not.
__________________
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:08 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Hooligan2's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
Posts: 297
THOR #2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Thank you!
That does help -- a lot.

I am however confused about propane.
You said the propane is included but the write up you linked and follow up posts indicate it's not.
Remove the confusing strikeover in the 2nd paragraph.. " Propane, however, is NOT considered cargo and is............. added to the chassis UVW (Unladen vehicle Weight), which also includes fuel, oil and coolant." (and now propane)
Subtract that UVW from GVWR and you get OCCC
Hope that helps.
__________________
U.S. Coast Guard retired- 1956-1985
Pensacola, Florida
George-the Newfoundland
Lily- the Pug
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:11 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Storm 32V - pre
State: Alabama
Posts: 1,561
THOR #6826
I suspect that a great many RVs are overweight. For some reason manufacturers seem to use the least possible rated chassis for most models. I mean why NOT use an E450 instead of the 350? Or the 22,000lb F53 instead of the 18,000? Many coaches seem to have CCC of just over 2,000 lbs. it’s not much for a family, fuel and supplies.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
Posts: 18
THOR #15493
Thanks guys.
This saved me (or gave me an extra) 504 lbs.
__________________
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Fish and Dear's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
Posts: 398
THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I suspect that a great many RVs are overweight. For some reason manufacturers seem to use the least possible rated chassis for most models. I mean why NOT use an E450 instead of the 350? Or the 22,000lb F53 instead of the 18,000? Many coaches seem to have CCC of just over 2,000 lbs. it’s not much for a family, fuel and supplies.
You're probably right. Our 29M is on the 18k chassis. Can't imagine even the 20.5k would have been so much more expensive as to price us out. All loaded up for a long trip, fresh water full, and tow dolly connected I am almost at maximum. But I still have a lot more I can tow. Maybe I'll load more into the toad for the big trip this summer. Lol
__________________

__________________
Jeff and Melissa - Roodie and Jaxson
US Navy Vet - Good Sam Life Member 804274173
2019 Hurricane 29M
2016 Honda HR-V toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2