Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2019, 09:06 PM   #41

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Taking a break from unloading the old coach and getting her ready for trade-in. Pulled some pics from the dealer website for you guys to see.

I still can't believe we just did this.....

Your killing me!!!

Old 09-26-2019, 09:07 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
We had a few problems with our unit but got them resolved and absolutely love ours. Very similar to Gritz. I think our rear end must be different than his because we don’t get the same gas mileage that he does. But I didn’t buy it for the gas mileage. He is absolutely correct about the power. It never seems to downshift except if the cruise is on and we are going downhill. I hope you are as happy with your new unit as we are with ours
Old 09-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #43
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Super nice looking. I really do like the color! Congrats & safe travels.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:07 PM   #44
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Judge,
Kudos to your DW, and her Kung-Fu style negotiating skills!

It's a real Beauty, and you're gonna love it!

(After you get done "modificating" it... )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:11 PM   #45
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Judge,

When you take it for the test drive if it is pulling to one side or the other or if there is any tire vibration tell them. Not sure about Thor anymore but with Entegra if it pulls or vibrates during the test drive it is good for an alignment and balance. After the test drive it is on the new owner. I had them align and balance the Accolade before delivery Saturday.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:53 AM   #46

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
We had a few problems with our unit but got them resolved and absolutely love ours. Very similar to Gritz. I think our rear end must be different than his because we don’t get the same gas mileage that he does. But I didn’t buy it for the gas mileage. He is absolutely correct about the power. It never seems to downshift except if the cruise is on and we are going downhill. I hope you are as happy with your new unit as we are with ours

I think this is due to having nothing in it. We're hitting the road pretty seriously next Spring to tame the Wild West. Once April gets through loading for that venture my mileage will go south! Regarding downshifting while on cruise..I turn cruise off going down long hills and just use the engine brake.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:18 AM   #47

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I think this is due to having nothing in it. We're hitting the road pretty seriously next Spring to tame the Wild West. Once April gets through loading for that venture my mileage will go south! Regarding downshifting while on cruise..I turn cruise off going down long hills and just use the engine brake.

We don’t have much in ours. No water and nothing in holding tanks. Yes we have clothes, food, dishes. But that’s about it. Even when not towing we don’t get 9 MPG. Best I have ever gotten is 10.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:21 AM   #48

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Judge,

When you take it for the test drive if it is pulling to one side or the other or if there is any tire vibration tell them. Not sure about Thor anymore but with Entegra if it pulls or vibrates during the test drive it is good for an alignment and balance. After the test drive it is on the new owner. I had them align and balance the Accolade before delivery Saturday.
Excellent point!

I know they want it off the lot before the end of the month but I have to take it back for them to install the Theater Seats. If I feel it pulling or vibrating, I will be telling them I won't sign the paper work unless they do an alignment and balance when I bring it back in for the seats.

At least this dealer is about 1 1/2 hours away versus almost 6 hours away like the last one!
Old 09-27-2019, 10:28 AM   #49

THOR #12751
Quote:
You're about a year ahead of us Gritz......

Taming the Wild West is on our list too but probably not for 2 years out.... hence the move to the Super C.

The DW also wants to do Banff and Alaska. I told her no way were we making that trip in the Outlaw 29H. Now I am running out of excuses. I wouldn't mind that trip but not sure I want to make it alone. I'd prefer to find a couple other people wanting to do it as well and having a small caravan.

The DW is so excited that her dreams of traveling the country to see everything there is to see is so close to becoming reality, she'll want to be retiring next year.... problem is there is that little thing called money!
Old 09-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #50
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Excellent point!

I know they want it off the lot before the end of the month but I have to take it back for them to install the Theater Seats. If I feel it pulling or vibrating, I will be telling them I won't sign the paper work unless they do an alignment and balance when I bring it back in for the seats.

At least this dealer is about 1 1/2 hours away versus almost 6 hours away like the last one!
If you can get them to do that alignment after you load the coach it would be great. Mine was done after test drive and before delivery. I did want it done after the box (house) was assembled and installed. I have a Freightliner service center 6 miles from the house so I'll take the Accolade there for an initial 6 month (full synthetic) service and have the loaded alignment checked at that time, unless I feel it needs to be done earlier based on actual driving.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:07 PM   #51

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
If you can get them to do that alignment after you load the coach it would be great. Mine was done after test drive and before delivery. I did want it done after the box (house) was assembled and installed. I have a Freightliner service center 6 miles from the house so I'll take the Accolade there for an initial 6 month (full synthetic) service and have the loaded alignment checked at that time, unless I feel it needs to be done earlier based on actual driving.

Another great point!

The good news is that since I will have to take it back for the Theater Seats, we will have most of our gear in it by that point. I can make sure to have a full load of fuel, propane and water if I tell them an alignment has to be part of the deal after the test drive.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:19 PM   #52

THOR #11130
Quote:
You're about a year ahead of us Gritz......

Taming the Wild West is on our list too but probably not for 2 years out.... hence the move to the Super C.

The DW also wants to do Banff and Alaska. I told her no way were we making that trip in the Outlaw 29H. Now I am running out of excuses. I wouldn't mind that trip but not sure I want to make it alone. I'd prefer to find a couple other people wanting to do it as well and having a small caravan.

The DW is so excited that her dreams of traveling the country to see everything there is to see is so close to becoming reality, she'll want to be retiring next year.... problem is there is that little thing called money!

The wife's car crash in July kinda accelerated our plan. Slap in the face as to how short life can be. I will not do the roads to Alaska...maybe take that cruise/ferry from Washington that takes your RV with you (bypassing Canada), but the roads are too rough and service is too scarce for me. The cost of fuel and wear-n-tear will almost offset the cost of the boat ride...plus, we love anything boating. Mostly, I will not travel anywhere that takes my Right to Defend my family. Canada is a beautiful country but they need to develop some system of reciprocity with the U.S. for "certified, safe citizens". But let's not take this thread down that road.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:42 PM   #53

THOR #12751
Quote:
The wife's car crash in July kinda accelerated our plan. Slap in the face as to how short life can be. I will not do the roads to Alaska...maybe take that cruise/ferry from Washington that takes your RV with you (bypassing Canada), but the roads are too rough and service is too scarce for me. The cost of fuel and wear-n-tear will almost offset the cost of the boat ride...plus, we love anything boating. Mostly, I will not travel anywhere that takes my Right to Defend my family. Canada is a beautiful country but they need to develop some system of reciprocity with the U.S. for "certified, safe citizens". But let's not take this thread down that road.
In 100% agreement on all counts. I'm still trying to talk the DW out of Alaska.... I have my hands full.... but everywhere else is open to discussion.

The "Life is too short" mantra rings true for all of us. I lost my dad 3 years ago to cancer. He was 77 and in good shape with no major health issues. He was playing golf a couple days before diagnosed and then gone in 5 months.

Fortunately he convinced me at a young age to work hard, save and invest, and be able to retire early to enjoy the "back nine."

My target before I got married 50 them moved to 55..... and then 59 because we decided to start doing a lot of things the past 6 or 7 years while we were still young and healthy so we have spent a lot of the early retirement money.

In the past couple weeks we took a hard look at everything and decided to drop retirement back down to ~57 so that is less than 2 years now. That was why we were starting to look at Super C's now with the intent to buy at end of season next year.

Glad your DW is recovering. Enjoy taming the Wild West! We'll be right behind you!
Old 09-27-2019, 01:45 PM   #54

THOR #11130
..."Fortunately he convinced me at a young age to work hard, save and invest, and be able to retire early to enjoy the "back nine."...

Life is all about "The 19th Hole" (that would be a good MH name for someone). It's a tough, narrow, uphill drive with lots of rough and sand traps...IF you don't have the right set of clubs. We do! Everything paid for and positive income...with life's savings to boot! As Kenny Chesney sang so well..."Everybody Want To Go To Heaven...But Nobody Wants To Go Now".

Just bought a complete new set of XXIO Primes...shipped today...bring on "The 19th Hole"!

Old 09-27-2019, 02:16 PM   #55

THOR #12751
[emoji106]
Old 09-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #56
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Life IS too short... The Missus is in a hatchet-fight right now with Stage 4 colon cancer...
Old 09-27-2019, 03:07 PM   #57

THOR #12751
I have to hand it to the DW..... she is like a dog with a bone.

I always ask for a line item Sales Agreement / Invoice so it is very clear as to where every dollar goes.

Over the years when I have purchased things where the price is negotiated, I have worked with dealers who don't charge for Prep, Freight, etc. but they don't discount as much but they give you the absolute bottom line price OTD. The there are the other dealers that appear to discount more but then they tack on their fees and their discount is not what it seems.

So last night when we got the Sales Agreement via e-mail, the purchase price was not what the sales guy told the DW over the phone. They had rolled their fees into the purchase price and it was inflated by about $3500. A couple hundred in fees for registration, etc. are reasonable but she was fuming.

She was aggravated all night about it.... and knowing my DW.... I knew the dealer was in trouble.

When she got to work this morning she tried to call the sales rep but he was off today. She got to the finance person and then the GM and she told them if they didn't remove their fees, we were walking from the deal. She wanted it in writing today because we weren't driving 90 minutes tomorrow to fight about it.

I have to say I'm enjoying sitting back and let the DW deal with it all. Being in sales myself, it is nice to see someone else getting beat up the customer without having to do it myself....

She is being very reasonable. She knows the deal that she wants and can live with to do it now. Even though it is the right floor plan and a coach that will fit our long term goals, she also knows we aren't in a hurry and we were planning to buy around this time next year.

If they agree to her terms, then we'll be off to Canton tomorrow morning. If not, then we will be going back to our original plan of waiting till next year.

I'll keep you posted!
Old 09-27-2019, 03:16 PM   #58

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Life IS too short... The Missus is in a hatchet-fight right now with Stage 4 colon cancer...
Very, very sorry to hear this Bob. I hope she wins the fight and your adventures together continue. I can tell you have the right attitude and are very positive with your support of her battle.

It is stories like this that are a wake up call for all of us.

I married my DW late in life.... at 50.... and she has changed the way I look at life. She had a lot of tragedy in her life. Without going into the details, she had lost a son 35 years ago and a husband about 10 years ago. When I met her she was so upbeat and positive, I was shocked when I learned about her life. A lot of people could have had a very different outlook on life.

Getting closer to retirement and her outlook on life rubbing off on my the past 7+ years plus the loss of my dad, I have learned she is right. We need to enjoy every day we have left because we don't know when time will run out. We need to make the memories now and not worry about "later" so much.

You''ll be in our prayers. I hope she beats it and you both can continue to enjoy life together.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:21 PM   #59

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
"General TV's Emergency Service Policy was also very important besides getting a good price. Being able to take it in for major failures with no appointment is huge in my mind"

I don't know what this is, but I'd like some of it if I can pay to cut to the head of the line.

Also,
Do yourself the favor of getting a four inch lift as soon as you can. It let's you go through parking lots and questionable areas and over road problems without the normal worries.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:21 PM   #60
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860