Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2019, 08:59 PM   #101

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
If your screens have those miserable small plastic twist to hold clips, make them throw in a dozen.

I don't think anyone has ever found them for sale and I've read that Thor can't come up with any.

That s all I can contribute that hasn't been covered.

LOL..... I have a bunch of those clips from my last Thor!!!!!

Old 10-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #102

THOR #12751
Just finished up the paperwork.

I should work in RV service. They were going to replace the House batteries.... I highly doubted it was the batteries given the coach was made in April. Turns out it was a fuse.... which is what I told them to check.

The water leak was caused because the kitchen sink drain is in a sliding pipe because of the slide. It was installed a bit short so with the slide opening and closing it pulled out. They fixed it and then remounted the pipe so it would not happen again.

When are the engineers going to learn that having a slide with gas and water plumbing moving around is not an ideal design?

Found a pin hole in the awning so they have to order it. Also there is a window sunscreen by the dinette that is a little damaged so they have to order that as well.

Need to bring it back in a couple weeks for the Theater Seats to be installed so the awning and sunscreen can get done then. Hopefully we can use it two or three times before them to have the start of a punch list.

All in all not a bad experience. Hopefully it will be a nice 2 hour ride home.

I’ll post more later.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:54 PM   #103

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
If your screens have those miserable small plastic twist to hold clips, make them throw in a dozen.

I don't think anyone has ever found them for sale and I've read that Thor can't come up with any.

That s all I can contribute that hasn't been covered.

I got a bunch several months ago from Thor.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:56 PM   #104

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
I got a bunch several months ago from Thor.

Bragger
Old 10-04-2019, 11:58 PM   #105

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
It took three tries before I got the correct items. I do have part numbers now so if you post a picture so I can verify they are the same I’ll be happy to post the part numbers.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:01 AM   #106

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'll trade an axerra radio for some of those screen holding clips.
Both have about the same reputation.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:27 AM   #107

THOR #12751
Just got home a little bit ago after stopping for dinner. The F-550 is a dream to drive!!!!

It is so quiet.... almost never shifts..... and the handling and ride comfort is excellent!!!

I was also impressed that I got about 10.5MPG on the way home when it is probably not broken in yet.... although I am almost at 1000 miles.

I do have a quick question regarding the residential fridge and the Inverter. I assumed I could kill power to the fridge if I turned off the Inverter. That does not seem to be the case. I am not plugged into shore power and if I turn the Xantrex Freedom X off at the panel, the light is still on in the fridge.

There isn't a circuit breaker for my fridge in the WFCO like there was on my Outlaw 29H. That means in typical Thor fashion, they likely have the Inverter wired directly to the fridge outlet and they use the Inverter's built-in circuit breaker instead of adding a sub-panel.

I can't believe there would be no way to kill the power to the fridge. I turned it off on the inside but the light is still turning on when I open the door.

If that is the case, I am going to need to get my solar panels up on the roof in a hurry. I still need to swap out my old 30A outlet for a 50A outlet so I can plug in at home.

There could also be an issue with the Invert but I need to read up on the Freedom X. I have had a Freedom XM 1000 and a Freedom Xi 2000. If you shut them both off, the panel went dark.

When I turn off this Freedom X 2000, the panel is still displaying information, which may be normal. I'll check out the manual in the morning.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:46 AM   #108

THOR #12751
Well..... I've decided..... I was going to retire in 2 years but I am going to apply to be Thor's VP of Quality Control and I am going to go whip those boys in Wakarusa into shape.

The DW was worn out and in bed... I'm pretty tired too.... but this power to the residential fridge thing was driving me nuts. Just from the drive home I already have 2 or 3 things on my warranty punch-list so I wanted to solve one problem before bed.

So I started reading the Xantrex Freedom X manual and recommended installation instructions, etc. Of course Xantrex recommends a sub-panel for the AC out, which Thor will not do to cut costs.

So then I find a difference in the Freedom X compared to the Freedom Xi and XM.

The Freedom Xi and XM have a removable control panel so it can be installed inside the coach. The Freedom X has a built-in control panel and you have to add a remote control panel as an option so there can actually be two control panels for the Freedom X.

When installing the remote control panel on Freedom X, you need to turn off the power button for the built-in control panel so the remote control panel can take over control.

I went out to the coach with a flashlight and checked the Inverter. Sure enough the power button for the built-in control panel was turned on so the remote control panel was not doing anything to control the Inverter. It was only displaying voltages, etc.

As soon as I hit the off button for the built-in control panel, the remote display turned off and the light in the fridge went out. Now the remote control panel is controlling the Inverter and I can kill power to the fridge so it does not drain the House batteries when not on Shore Power or Solar.

Even though they replaced the fuse during the PDI and the House batteries were charging again, they were draining down in a hurry when we stopped for dinner and got home. Now I know why!

So I have solved the first.... of hopefully not too many..... problems with the new coach. Now I can go to bed!
Old 10-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #109

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I saw you Visited my xantrex 3000 watt inverter thread.
Consider buying a xantrex ags for your new rig.
I think it was $141 Two wires to the generator and then a phone jack type plug in to the inverter.
The xantrex inverter controller then controls the ags.

It'll turn on by:
Inside temp
Time
Battery level
Weekly or monthly to exercise generator

Cheap and cool and easy.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #110

THOR #12751
Quote:
I saw you Visited my xantrex 3000 watt inverter thread.
Consider buying a xantrex ags for your new rig.
I think it was $141 Two wires to the generator and then a phone jack type plug in to the inverter.
The xantrex inverter controller then controls the ags.

It'll turn on by:
Inside temp
Time
Battery level
Weekly or monthly to exercise generator

Cheap and cool and easy.

Actually it looks like the stock Xantrex Freedom X 2000 will meet my needs and the coach is already setup for AGS. Looks like the Inverter powers the Fridge, TV's and receptacles next to the bed.

With the residential fridge, I am going to add two more 6V golf cart batteries since Thor was nice enough to leave room for two more. Since I'll be putting the coach away for the winter in about a month I'll buy those in the spring.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:11 PM   #111

THOR #12751
Since i have a lot more room to work on electrical items with most everything under the bed, I decided to order a Progressive Industries HW50C Hardwired EMS off Amazon and install it after the Transfer Switch to protect from any potential Shore Power or Generator power issues.

It's supposed to arrive tomorrow so I started to get everything prepared tonight for a quick install tomorrow.

Now we all have found plenty of screws rolling around our rigs based on the lack of any real construction clean-up process. I wasn't surprised to see a few under the bed frame but I was surprised..... really more like shocked...... to find two screws rolling around inside the Transfer Switch.

There's only 240 Volts pushing through the transfer switch.... you'd think someone would at least inspect critical areas for debris that could cause serious issues.

Come on Thor!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4279.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	20692  
Old 12-14-2019, 09:34 PM   #112

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Texas
THOR #16368
You're going to LOVE it! We have the 2019 SV34 (not 4X4); traded in our 26' 2018 Thor Chateau because only having dinette seating was NOT sufficient. It cost us to trade in so soon, but we are very happy with our decision. Congratulations!