Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Factory Service Update

We've had our Challenger 37TB for 1 year as of April 17. We had our final factory service scheduled for April 11th for several ankle biters - nothing that made the coach unserviceable. So we showed up as coordinated on Sunday night. At 7:00 AM our customer service rep came out, introduced himself (Ben) and went down the list. I got updates during the week and today we went in to pickup our coach. Met with the shop foreman Dennis earlier today and went down the list. I was impressed with the attention to detail and thoroughness. Even to identifying a floor squeak that was not fixed. After some discussion, we left our coach and the factory service team will make the fix. This was a good solution for us, I am having a total knee replacement soon and won't be able to use the coach for 6 more weeks. I understood how difficult the repair will be and I am having new captain chairs installed from Bradd and Hall. Chairs will take 6 weeks to deliver so it is all good.

Big thanks to the Factory Service team. If you haven't made the journey, it is well worth the time and effort.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:12 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
BigBen,

Gods speed on the healing and hope the service work is completed on time.

One question: "were these issues with the RV things you noted or did you take the unit in for a one last go over before the Warranty expired"? My warranty goes out the end of May and I just want to have all the bases covered.

Doc

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:33 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Doc - thanks for the well wishes. Had one done last Oct and healed quickly. Hoping for the same results.

Factory service operated off a list that I generated over the last few months. Tom Overton and Steve Reed worked with me to make sure the parts were all on hand for the repair. The last issue - the squeak - is a tricky fix that the team thought they'd run into a corner. As I went to pickup our unit today, service manager foreman - Dennis - walked me through everything and fessed up that the squeak was gonna be very involved. So that's when we agreed on current plan to fix The Squeak. Dennis made the comment that he'd never had anyone leave unsatisfied and wasn't going to start with me.

You will need to coordinate with Thor Warranty service for the appointment - they are really booked up. We had our appointment scheduled in Dec '15.