Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
First long 2200 mile trip complete!!now...lets talk suspension upgrades for Gassers!

So, the Hurricane 34E performed quite well....with the front end alignment, Cheap Handling Fix, and SafeTplus..handling was not an issue. Most of the drive was comfortable, one handed...even in west Teas crosswinds.....but the ride ;( HHHmm, those 19.5 inch tires leaves something to be desired...LOL, so, any worthwhile upgrades that anyone has done for the ride comfort? New shocks..are anything!!

As far as tire PSI goes, mine was set a bit high...Had the coach weighed twice during the trip...full everything, weight came in at around 18K fully ( 22k max Ford ) loaded with 4 people, fuel, water, and baggage and living stuff. So I will try lowering the tire PSI next time out....but I don't think that will be anything remarkable!....sooooo. any ideas from the experts!!

Cheers, Tom

San Antonio, Tx
Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:33 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #618
Tom,
I have the same basic setup as you do, I have the Safe Steer in place of the Safety-Plus. I'm afraid the ride is what it is. It is a Truck chassis and it's going to ride like a truck. I don't believe the larger time will make any significant difference. Be careful running your tires low, while it may help a little with the ride. I'm would be more concerned with heat buildup in the tires. I would save airing down the tires for the Jeep.

Happy Trails,

Jim
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 07 30 038.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	762
Old 09-07-2015, 10:30 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562