Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
First trip with our Axis.

We are thrilled with our new to us Axis 25.2. We will be home today from a 2 week and 3500 mile trip. The only issues we had other than a few rattles was having to replace the chassis battery and a cracked windshield. Thank goodness we have good insurance the quote to replace it was over $4,000.00. Hope this doesn't happen often. Oh well cracked windshields and battery replacements are to be expected with any vehicle. This thing is awesome. We love it.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrooney View Post
We are thrilled with our new to us Axis 25.2. We will be home today from a 2 week and 3500 mile trip. The only issues we had other than a few rattles was having to replace the chassis battery and a cracked windshield. Thank goodness we have good insurance the quote to replace it was over $4,000.00. Hope this doesn't happen often. Oh well cracked windshields and battery replacements are to be expected with any vehicle. This thing is awesome. We love it.
Glad you had a good first experience!, We love our 25.2 VEGAS (even though we haven't had as long of a trip as you "yet")

What year is your AXIS?
Old 07-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #3

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
New Axis

We had a "starburst" hit to the lower middle area of our Axis' windshield about 20 miles before our destination on our first long trip with it. I found a windshield repair shop in West Yellowstone that did the epoxy repair on it. I said the same thing. "If that is the worst that happens...." Enjoy.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #4

THOR #15515
Ours is a 2016. It only had 10,000 miles when we bought it.

The crack was too big for the epoxy repair. We will have it replaced at home.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:12 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Hmm so far so good: we just ticked over 18,000 miles on our 2014 Axis and the windshield, aside being full of dead insects (a few are even glowing), is crack free.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:09 AM   #6

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Thanks for the report. Our 25.2 has over 30K miles, and the windshield has held up after the first one was replaced under warranty. Since then I leave plenty of room between us and any vehicle I follow, especially trucks. And even more behind gravel trucks and flatbed trailers.

Rattles are the bane of motor home folks. You locate and fix one and another shows up. They can come and go. Try turning up the radio!
Old 07-26-2019, 01:52 AM   #7
EgV

Model: 22CFreedom Elite. 24&#821
State: Illinois
THOR #4805
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Hmm so far so good: we just ticked over 18,000 miles on our 2014 Axis and the windshield, aside being full of dead insects (a few are even glowing), is crack free.
I am thinking of trading my 2012 class c freedom elite 21c for a 2014 Axis -8800 miles. I have found one and going to dealership in the next couple of days but am wondering if I should be looking out for anything in particular. I’ve enjoyed my class c but it’s a tiny bit tiny and the bed making is almost impossible.

Anything I should know?...

Elizabeth in Illinois
Old 07-26-2019, 02:44 AM   #8

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Glad you like your new coach. The rattles seem to be present on almost every coach. Had to do the epoxy repair on my Hurricane during a long trip to the east coast. It seems like no matter how much distance you leave someone will cut into the gap. Good luck to your future travels.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #9

THOR #15515
Thanks, I have eliminated a lot of the rattles. I am sure new ones will surface.

EgV, I haven't found anything that worries me. It seems to be a good coach.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #10
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by EgV View Post
I am thinking of trading my 2012 class c freedom elite 21c for a 2014 Axis -8800 miles. I have found one and going to dealership in the next couple of days but am wondering if I should be looking out for anything in particular. I’ve enjoyed my class c but it’s a tiny bit tiny and the bed making is almost impossible.

Anything I should know?...

Elizabeth in Illinois
Anything and everything you should know about an Axis (or Vegas) can be found in Ed's excellent crowd sourced owner's manual found here:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:43 PM   #11
EgV

Model: 22CFreedom Elite. 24&#821
State: Illinois
THOR #4805
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Anything and everything you should know about an Axis (or Vegas) can be found in Ed's excellent crowd sourced owner's manual found here:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
I got it right away. It’s very informative. The rv axis I was looking at, the dealership found mold. So on to the next. I’ll keep reading and researching.