Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #41
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markb View Post
I have read a number of post about noise in the class a axis/vegas. I would like to hear how the class c's compare. To put out that kind of cash for a coach and feel you need to add dynamat to kill some of the engine and road noise is enough to make someone thinking about buying, said class a, think again.
I would also like to know how the axis/vegas mpg compares to say a 28 - 30' class c.
My advice to you is to test drive one and make that decision for yourself. What is annoying to someone may not be to you. I have a 2016 Vegas and don't find a noise problem at all cruising down the road. We can carry on a conversation without any problem. With that said when going up hills or accelerating it definitely gets louder at high rpms. Since I live in Florida I luckily don't have too many hills to contend with.
Kev

Old 09-19-2016, 06:27 AM   #42

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Not as noisy as my 2003 Ram 2500 diesel towing a 31 foot Airstream It's an RV for heaven's sake, not a Cadillac Highway Cruiser (I think I made that name up). If you're worried about noise buy a Mercedes based class B or wear ear plugs (much less expensive option).

Ken
Old 09-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #43

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
The noise in our RV is not an issue and DW is a low talker.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:45 PM   #44
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordog View Post
Thanks. I think I found something for the sink. For the stove I found a nice cover at Walmart.

Stove cover - $44.33
https://www.walmart.com/ip/29764433

Sink cover - $22.70
https://www.walmart.com/ip/29764454
You found exactly what you needed ! We have that stove top cover..works well...has the grip on the underside.

Post some photos for those who have the same RV you have !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #45

State: Wisconsin
THOR #2584
Freedom ELite Four winds

WE have had our 28H for 1.5 years now. Put 10,000 miles on it. Only issue was the slide out got stuck open in Florida in Feb. Repairs were done on return under warranty. We have absolutely no complaints about the unit. Wife an I both relax the moment we start down the highway.

Oct. 7,2016 will see us going on our longest trip yet down to the Grand Canyon. Will stop in Santa Fe on way back. We used to live there and love the food.

Usually take our dogs but not going to on this trip. From all we've read, there isn't much for them to do down there and they do get grumpy when bored.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:55 PM   #46

THOR #2584
Freedom Elite - TV mount

Im back with a question. WE have a 28H FE as mentioned. THe tv is mounted above the dinette table. I would like to add a 360 degree tv mount. Has anyone done this yet? If so, what type mount did you use?
Old 09-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #47

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
THOR #2770
[URL="http://www.rv-sinks.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=64"]
i purchased these for 2 side rect sink in my 29fe.
Previously bought 1 from Amazon which was really flimsy and wasn't a perfect fit.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #48

THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg30 View Post
[URL="http://www.rv-sinks.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=64"]
Previously bought 1 from Amazon which was really flimsy and wasn't a perfect fit.
here's a link you can click on:

KItchen sink covers
Old 09-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #49

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
THOR #2770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
here's a link you can click on:

KItchen sink covers
thanks, still new to all this.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:34 PM   #50

THOR #4719
Quote:
thanks, still new to all this.

When you are composing a post you will see a blue globe with a chain link at the top of message box. Type your post. Then use your mouse to select the text the you wish to be the link. Click on the blue globe. A window will popup with a place to type or paste your URL. Put the URL there. When you submit your post the word you selected will be a link to where your URL points.

Ken
Old 10-10-2016, 02:12 AM   #51

THOR #5290
Did you have any issues with the steering stabilizer vibrating? I have a 26fe. Thank you for all your posts. Welcome fellow freedom elite member. I am dealing with camping world fixing things properly on my new coach. Thor has approved every warranty issue, it is camping world that is not performing properly.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:15 AM   #52

Model: Four Winds 23U
THOR #992
I have had no problems with the Saf-t-Plus. I love it.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:28 AM   #53

THOR #5290
I purchased a road master. Campingworld installed a different one. I assume a road master but I am waiting to hear which one. thanks for the info.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #54

THOR #5357
I watched a video on YouTube and they were recommending Hellwig anti-sway bars for E450. I'd like to improve the pull and sway we feel when overtaken by an 18 wheeler. Would the anti-sway bars do this?
Old 10-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #55

THOR #5357
Quote:
Tony - thanks so much for posting this. We too bought one at Amazon that didn't fit. I'm looking forward to getting the correct ones.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:12 PM   #56

State: New York
THOR #5410
Adding tv to freedom elite 22fe

Does anyone know if you can install a small tv to the bedroom area. I don't see an obvious cable or antenna and there is a wall plug on the wall that is shared with the bathroom. On the 26 unit there is a set up for a tv back in the bedroom. The bathroom and bedroom on both models appear the same
Old 10-31-2016, 05:12 PM   #57

THOR #2584
Trip to Grand Canyon

We got back from our Grand Canyon trip on 10/21. Only issue was the slide out got stuck again. This time its the drive shaft - motors are on top, drive shaft goes down to drive rack on bottom of slide out. Seems the drive shaft dropped. She's going back in for extended warranty service.

I put the sway bars in, both front and rear, and love the stiffness they provide. The semi's don't make it rock anymore. The steering stabilizer is for next year.

I've been thinking about this RV world and wonder why THor or any other manufacturer doesn't install the heavier sway bars and steering stabilizer, and then align the whole thing, as part of their manufacturing process. We've all seen how these rigs handle out of the factory and I think they aren't all that safe without the additions. Anybody interested in a joint letter campaign to the Product Safety Commission to get them to look at the RV manufacturers?
Old 11-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #58

Model: Freedom elite 26he
State: Iowa
THOR #5830
glad to see a freedom elite messages. I am a newbie to both message boards and rving world. just got my first rv a FE 26HE and know very little about it. I was hoping someone could answer the questions I have about using it. have just read a few of the messages, but look forward to reading all here to get some ideas. I will start with just a few that I have.
1) purchase the exterior warranty for CW and from my experience add on warannities are usually not worth the money. but that said and done, what are the opinions to covering during storage in the Iowa's winters.
2) I am planning on starting with manual leveling. what are the suggested brands of blocks and how many sets are suggested. will I have to put blocks under both dual wheels in rear?
3) what is the suggested leveling system (small bubble or 3' level)?
4) I have seen parked class c's and they seem to have scissor jacks in the middle and rear. are these jacks to reduce (deflection and twist) of the frame. are they necessary?
hope these are not too many but I know I have others.
ps does anyone know a good book for beginner rver"s

thanks
rick
Old 11-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #59

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickosterloh View Post
glad to see a freedom elite messages. I am a newbie to both message boards and rving world. just got my first rv a FE 26HE and know very little about it. I was hoping someone could answer the questions I have about using it. have just read a few of the messages, but look forward to reading all here to get some ideas. I will start with just a few that I have.
1) purchase the exterior warranty for CW and from my experience add on warannities are usually not worth the money. but that said and done, what are the opinions to covering during storage in the Iowa's winters.
2) I am planning on starting with manual leveling. what are the suggested brands of blocks and how many sets are suggested. will I have to put blocks under both dual wheels in rear?
3) what is the suggested leveling system (small bubble or 3' level)?
4) I have seen parked class c's and they seem to have scissor jacks in the middle and rear. are these jacks to reduce (deflection and twist) of the frame. are they necessary?
hope these are not too many but I know I have others.
ps does anyone know a good book for beginner rver"s

thanks
rick
I use the Tri-Lynx leveling blocks. Works well for me. I bought one pack and really need another pack. I have a 2017 26HE also and when the slide is out it does lean over to the side so I almost always use a few blocks on the rear tires. I put them under both rear tires not just one. Maybe for a quick over night stay but I would be afraid of stressing one tire more then the other causing a flat spot on the tire.. I wouldn't worry to much about frame twisting but again if I was going to be parked for a while I would put blocks on the front tire also not just the rear. The big bonus of jacks is you don't get the RV rocking when you move around.
https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-0001...v+level+blocks

When I bought they told me the warranty was 12k. Well I wasn't going to pay 12k for a warranty on a rv I paid under 60k for especially considering how bad the service seems to be at these RV places. I will just fix it myself.

I bought a cover for mine. $195 off amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Fits very well. I bought it to keep the snow and ice off of it. Ice can do very bad things and I guess it keeps the sun off of it also but I live in Chicago so I care a little less about that.

Keep reading these forums. You will learn so much.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #60
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markb View Post
I have read a number of post about noise in the class a axis/vegas. I would like to hear how the class c's compare. To put out that kind of cash for a coach and feel you need to add dynamat to kill some of the engine and road noise is enough to make someone thinking about buying, said class a, think again.
I would also like to know how the axis/vegas mpg compares to say a 28 - 30' class c.
We have had the Ford Triton v10 in our previous Class B+ mothorhomes..and now in our Axis. Noise-wise...we get a little more engine noise...more so when at grade in the mountains. Some forum members have installed sound dampening material...so far, we have not. The engine noise is not an issue for us..I think it is in what a person gets used to. At some date Ron may place a damper in the 'doghouse' . He loves the Axis and is always tinkering !

Go to a dealer...take one for a ride and see what you think. If you fall in love with the floorplan and all it has to offer, then, noise may not be much of an issue.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote