Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis 24.1
State: Utah
THOR #2474
Send a message via Skype™ to mhbell
four winds hurricane class A 12 volt system

I am posting this in the hopes that it will Help and save someone else a lot of trouble. No where in the owners manual was this documented. I stumbled on it while doing a search on google. It appears that this is problem is in most if not all hurricane models and years.

My four winds hurricane 31D class A 12 volt system for the coach was only working on Shore power or generator. When not on shore power or generator I had no lights or 12 volts anywhere in the coach. The batteries had been disconnected a few days before to do some work. No wiring diagrams or schematics so I spent 3 hours tracing wires. I had no battery power to the Converter in the distribution panel. I thought that maybe it was the coach disconnect by the door. It appeared to be working. Before crawling under the motor home to look for broken wire I stumbled upon the Item below. That was the problem. when ever the coach batteries are disconnected from the battery cables this little breaker will trip. Mine was located on the right looking into the BCC. It is hard to see untill I noticed a black button about the size of a pin head. I pushed it and heard a click. Everything went to work.
Mel

Quote:
I have received the following email from Thor manufacturing, I thought I would post this in case any other fellow Four Winds owner may have the same situation, Again I thank everyone for there help.........IN THE BATTERY CONTROL CENTER LOCATED ON THE FIRE WALL ---UNDER THE HOOD --SHOULD BE RIGHT OF CENTER AND WILL SAY BATTERY CONTROL ON THE FACE --TAKE OFF THE LID YOU WILL SEE FUSES ---YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A RESETTABLE BREAKER USUALLY ON THE BOTTOM LEFT ---THIS BREAKER IS ABOUT 1.25 X.75X.75 INCHES IN LENGTH ON ONE END WILL BE A SMALL BUTTON (ABOUT THE SIZE OF A MATCH HEAD ) THIS NEEDS TO BE PUSHED IN TO RESET ---THIS WILL ALWAYS TRIP WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR BATTERIES ---USE YOUR FLASHLIGHT AND I PROMISE YOU THAT IT IS THERE ---MANY PEOPLE SWEAR THAT IT IS NOT IN THEIR CONTROL CENTER ---BUT IT IS --JUST A BIT HARD TO FIND ....This breaker is actually oblong (the sizes stated are correct), silver in color and has a small brown button on the right hand side of it and it is on the lower right hand side of the panel. Probably will need a flashlight.

Old 01-19-2020, 05:13 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Congratulations, very nice coach with a lot if higher end features

For the money I don't think it can be beat

Go through the TV set up for audio and check the settings

Dont know a thing about the bunk TV

Enjoy