Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2020, 04:14 AM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Starting to make mods to the Accolade

Today's mods to the Accolade include:

Installation of a ScanGuage D. If I decide the current location will be the permanent location the cable will be run behind the A Pillar cover and headliner so it will be hidden from view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scanguage Install_result.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	22766

I also installed a new wireless DVD player. I replaced the DVD player because it was cheaper and easier than replacing the TV with a smart unit. For the DVD setup I used my Winegard Connect 2 SSID so I do not have to change the DVD's network settings whenever we go to a new location.

Name:	DVD Install_result.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	22767

Mods on the To Do List include:

Installation of my TPMS and the TPMS repeater. I'll do this when the temps get just a little higher and the rain stops.

Installation of Snap Pad on the leveling jacks. The Snap Pads are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:17 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Why scan Guage and not one of the obd2 apps?
I use the apps out of laziness and I carry a obd2 reader with me to fix other people's ces lights.
I never bothered to learn any farther.

We started to do the wireless DVD and then one of the kids taught us how to download Netflix and Amazon movies on our phones.
We didn't own any DVD anyway, but the 1,000,000 of them at a dollar a piece at yard sales intrigued us....
And
We don't get Grit or other Ota channels, so we're happy with the uniqueness of Ota when we rv.

Which DVD did you buy?
We're still not ruling it out....

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:29 AM   #3
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Why scan Guage and not one of the obd2 apps?
I use the apps out of laziness and I carry a obd2 reader with me to fix other people's ces lights.
I never bothered to learn any farther.
I went with Scan Gauge for some of the functions related to travel and not just as a code reader. My on-board message center does not include Miles to empty, MPG, trans temp etc... and that is where the Scan Gauge will come in as well as reading diagnostic codes of which it pulled one today and I'll be making an appointment at my local Freighliner dealer on Monday.
FMCA - F432054
Old 03-03-2020, 11:31 PM   #4
Site Team

THOR #1469
Snap Pads arrived today

The Snap Pads and new 78 inch safety cables for the Sterling tow bar arrived today. Unfortunately it is raining out so I won't be getting out and installing the items for another day or two.
FMCA - F432054
Old 03-15-2020, 07:44 PM   #5
Site Team

THOR #1469
Snap Pads Installed

Today the weather was sunny and approx 50 degrees so I decided to install the Snap Pads on the coach.

I will say that having the EQ Smart Leveling system with Bluetooth made this easier and made it a one person installation. I was able to operate the. system while laying under the coach and positioning the pads as necessary. Instead of dishwashing soap I used car wash soap was the lubricant because it was thicker and more resistant to running down the sides of the pads.

Name:	Snap Pad 1A.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	22945

Name:	Snap Pad 2A.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	22946

Name:	Snap Pad 3A.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	22947
FMCA - F432054
Old 03-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Glad the SnapPads went on easy for you! I had them on my Outlaw 29H and they work great.

They are on my list of upgrades for my '20 Magnitude S34 this spring. At the moment I am working to add 2 additional 6V batteries w/ a Disconnect / Isolation Switch and repositioning the Inverter to improve storage in one of the bays.

I just wish the weather would make up its mind so I can really get going on all the stuff on my list. One day it's in the 50's and the next days its in the 30's and snowing or raining.

With the CV stuff going on, most of my business travel is cancelled so I am going to have a lot of time to work on the coach if the weather cooperates.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:26 PM   #7
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Glad the SnapPads went on easy for you! I had them on my Outlaw 29H and they work great.

They are on my list of upgrades for my '20 Magnitude S34 this spring. At the moment I am working to add 2 additional 6V batteries w/ a Disconnect / Isolation Switch and repositioning the Inverter to improve storage in one of the bays.

I just wish the weather would make up its mind so I can really get going on all the stuff on my list. One day it's in the 50's and the next days its in the 30's and snowing or raining.

With the CV stuff going on, most of my business travel is cancelled so I am going to have a lot of time to work on the coach if the weather cooperates.

I'm looking at the weather forecast now so I can plan on installing the repeater for my TireMinder TPMS system and install the sensors as well. Our first planned trip is the end of April to Middlebury to drop the coach off for Factory Service to correct the slide issue and repainting the side after the slide is raised.

My business travel has been cancelled as well so I do have more evenings available to tinker. I want to get everything together for when I retire in November.
FMCA - F432054
Old 03-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #8

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I'm still planning to retire at the end of the year or Q1 of next year.... even though the market is in a free-fall. I'm actually putting money in as it is going down because I do think the market and economy will rebound once CV is behind us.

My wife manages a dental office and they are shutting down for two weeks. Most of my business meetings have cancelled but I was surprised when a customer this morning said they still want to have a meeting next week in KC... so I will be getting on a plane. I was on the road 3 out of the last 4 weeks and lived to tell about it so I am not too worried.

I have the Magnitude getting a state inspection, oil change and some Ford F-550 recalls done today. We are actually talking about heading to Virginia or North Carolina mid-week for a few days. The weather looks like 70's and little rain so we may do our first trip of the season this week since everything else is shut down.