Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #3589
fresh water tank pressure challenger 37kt

I have a new 2016 challenger 37kt,the problem is the water pressure with the fresh water tank, it starts with good pressure but within a couple of seconds goes down to a drip,I can hear the pump running but no pressure, its like the supply is being squeezed shut, and this is on both hot and cold side, anyone else out there having the same problem? and are there any suggestions on how to fix on my own?

Old 02-04-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmullins View Post
I have a new 2016 challenger 37kt,the problem is the water pressure with the fresh water tank, it starts with good pressure but within a couple of seconds goes down to a drip,I can hear the pump running but no pressure, its like the supply is being squeezed shut, and this is on both hot and cold side, anyone else out there having the same problem? and are there any suggestions on how to fix on my own?
On the water termination center outside is the valve set to normal? I am travelling on business this week so I do not have the correct names for all the positions of the valve but I believe Normal is the position for using the pump and water tank. If that is not the issue then I would say something is wrong within the plumbing.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
Just some ideas for you to look at. Water pump pre filter clogged, factory forgot fresh water tank overflow pipe or it is plugged up which would create vacuum in tank, is there enough water in the tank? My bet is pump supply line between tank and pump crimped or squashed.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #4

THOR #1183
Maybe these will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WET BAY FOUR WAY VALVE.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1380  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WET BAY WATER VALVE MANUAL.pdf (429.0 KB, 139 views)
Old 02-04-2016, 09:48 PM   #5

THOR #3589
Thanks for the quick reply, but yeah I've tried the different positions on the valve.I was hoping that someone that had the same problem as I and had an easy fix to it.guess my other and last option is to take it back to the dealer, never had warranty work done on any of our campers, how long is the usual wait for minor fixes?
Old 02-04-2016, 09:58 PM   #6

THOR #3589
Yeah checked the filter at the pump, even took off the supply line from the tank to the pump and turned on the pump, worked just fine.but I'm with you cspres that the supply line is crimped or sucking air, might just go buy some water line and bypass the factory one to see if that works, Thanks for your ideas they are greatly appreciated
Old 02-05-2016, 12:27 AM   #7
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
...even took off the supply line from the tank to the pump and turned on the pump, worked just fine..
Makes me think even more that the tank has a venting problem - and the pump is creating a vacuum in the tank.
Check that the tank vent isn't plugged.. When filling tank - insure water comes out the overflow - and not just back up the fill pipe.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:58 AM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
All so check where the city water hook up is there is a check valve there and if it is open it can cause that
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #9

THOR #3589
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Makes me think even more that the tank has a venting problem - and the pump is creating a vacuum in the tank.
Check that the tank vent isn't plugged.. When filling tank - insure water comes out the overflow - and not just back up the fill pipe.
Thanks I will check the overflow to see if that's the problem, problem right now is the motor home is in storage and covered up, but next month have to take it out for our first trip to Fl.so I would like to get this resolved so we will have water while driving.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:45 AM   #10

THOR #3589
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn View Post
All so check where the city water hook up is there is a check valve there and if it is open it can cause that
Thanks fhenn,this sounds like the first thing I will check when I get it out of storage, also would like to thank everybody for the replys that have been coming in, this is a great forum with even greater people on it.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #11
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
problem right now is the motor home is in storage and covered up
Difficult to work on water systems in Michigan in February... Don't compound problems by leaving water in the system from testing.
If you do some testing - insure you get tanks drained, and antifreeze in or water out of all lines when done...
I don't add water until well south of Michigan on winter trips. A case of bottled water for the drive is much cheaper than something freezing and cracking.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #12

THOR #1183
Quote:
Thanks I will check the overflow to see if that's the problem, problem right now is the motor home is in storage and covered up, but next month have to take it out for our first trip to Fl.so I would like to get this resolved so we will have water while driving.
I think easy way to check over flow is to open drain valve - if plugged or missing, water will not drain without burping air back thru drain. Our KT has two overflow pipes, one on each side and they are very easy to see - but not the actual connection at top of the tank.