Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2018, 09:41 PM   #381

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by PupPup View Post
I'd like to take out the drawers out to see whats behind them. I can't figure them out and don't want to damage them. Anyone know how to take them out?

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1528321274
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1597.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	10622  

Old 06-07-2018, 12:19 AM   #382

Model: Compass 23TB
State: Virginia
THOR #11030
Thanks guys. I did not realize that one tab went up and one goes down for drawer to pull out.
Meanwhile.... the Compass has been performing very well. I use it every Sunday at our flying field. I made my drone "follow the Compass" here's a clip.
https://youtu.be/desPhZhhSQ0
Old 06-07-2018, 12:48 AM   #383

THOR #6701
That pretty cool PupPup. Thanks for the clip.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:51 AM   #384

Model: Windsport 31z
State: Arizona
THOR #8277
Cool video. Need to get me a drone. What kind do you have?
Old 06-07-2018, 01:35 AM   #385

Model: Compass 23TB
State: Virginia
THOR #11030
That was filmed with a DJI Spark. It does so many cool things.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:05 AM   #386
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Cool, been wanting a Spark since they came out...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #387

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Texas
THOR #7972
Almost stranded

On a long planned trip to Fort Wilderness Campground I had the scary experience with breaking down a thousand miles from home. We planned two 500 mile days for the trip. First day went great, 18mpg driving 60 mph. Next day we realized we weren’t going to make it on time driving 60. Set the cruise to 70 and things were great for 300 miles, 16mph. I-10 has rolling hills in the Florida panhandle where I noticed a small decrease in performance. By the time we turned south on I-75 exhaust filter clogged “drive to clean” messages started. Since I was already driving, it didn’t make any sense. About 100 miles from Disney I had low power but was able to make it to Fort Wilderness campground. Just as we turned into Disney property an”exhaust filter cleaning” message popped up but I couldn’t do anything but basically idle. I knew enough not to turn the engine off till the cleaning cycle completed. It didn’t work and still had “filter clogged drive to clean message”.
I called a couple of Orlando Ford dealers with expected results, we don’t service RV’s, I’m short a diesel tech, we’re covered up. One of them told me to try Rush Truck Center. All I can say is my faith in humanity is restored. I’ll spare y’all the details but in spite of them being “covered up & short a tech” I was assured they would take care of me and they did. Mikey met me in their parking lot with a tech to read codes and determine it needed to go back for more diagnostics. Even though Rush’s waiting room was awesome I decided to Lyft back to Disney to be with my family. Through out the day Mikey kept me informed. They did the PCM recall and a manual exhaust filter clean. All in all Rush spent about 5 hours on my motorhome. Can’t decide if it’s good or bad but they couldn’t find any broken parts so Ford wouldn’t warranty the work. At this point I was happy to not be stranded. Because I only have 7000 miles on the clock Rush didn’t charge me anything. Said it’s just not fair.
I don’t know about Rush Ford’s car business but their Truck Center on Diversified Way in Orlando gets A+ from me.
Also thumbs up to Lyft drivers Francisco & Alivith.
Hugh
Old 06-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #388

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
For what it's worth...On your way back to Texas, if you need another diagnostic look at your engine, stop at Gator Ford in Seffner, FL just East of Tampa - Exit 10 on I4. Gator Ford is one of the only Ford RV service centers in the area. It is also right next door to Lazy Days RV Center and just past Camping World if you need anything LP and etc. I have an appointment this month to take care of the tow module recall and reprogramming FSA.

Glad everything turned out good for you. Fort Wilderness is on our list for "in state" camping now that the Snow Birds have vacated and camp sites are available again.

Paul
Old 06-07-2018, 08:42 PM   #389

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrhugh View Post
On a long planned trip to Fort Wilderness Campground I had the scary experience with breaking down a thousand miles from home. We planned two 500 mile days for the trip. First day went great, 18mpg driving 60 mph. Next day we realized we weren’t going to make it on time driving 60. Set the cruise to 70 and things were great for 300 miles, 16mph. I-10 has rolling hills in the Florida panhandle where I noticed a small decrease in performance. By the time we turned south on I-75 exhaust filter clogged “drive to clean” messages started. Since I was already driving, it didn’t make any sense. About 100 miles from Disney I had low power but was able to make it to Fort Wilderness campground. Just as we turned into Disney property an”exhaust filter cleaning” message popped up but I couldn’t do anything but basically idle. I knew enough not to turn the engine off till the cleaning cycle completed. It didn’t work and still had “filter clogged drive to clean message”.
I called a couple of Orlando Ford dealers with expected results, we don’t service RV’s, I’m short a diesel tech, we’re covered up. One of them told me to try Rush Truck Center. All I can say is my faith in humanity is restored. I’ll spare y’all the details but in spite of them being “covered up & short a tech” I was assured they would take care of me and they did. Mikey met me in their parking lot with a tech to read codes and determine it needed to go back for more diagnostics. Even though Rush’s waiting room was awesome I decided to Lyft back to Disney to be with my family. Through out the day Mikey kept me informed. They did the PCM recall and a manual exhaust filter clean. All in all Rush spent about 5 hours on my motorhome. Can’t decide if it’s good or bad but they couldn’t find any broken parts so Ford wouldn’t warranty the work. At this point I was happy to not be stranded. Because I only have 7000 miles on the clock Rush didn’t charge me anything. Said it’s just not fair.
I don’t know about Rush Ford’s car business but their Truck Center on Diversified Way in Orlando gets A+ from me.
Also thumbs up to Lyft drivers Francisco & Alivith.
Hugh
Great objective report. Thanks for sharing.

I’m curious, if you had the option to go with gasoline V6 in your Transit, would you stay with diesel, or go to gas and take the MPG hit?
Old 06-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #390

THOR #6701
Hugh, thats the exact thing that happened to me last sumer coming home from the mid west. The ford dealer in Yuba City called the factory and it took two days but they decided it needed a computer rewrite and it was done and never been a problem since. And it was covered by warranty. Zero cost to me. Yuba City is a Ford Truck Service Center. Tuesday they are going to do the water intrusion recall.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:49 PM   #391

THOR #6701
Yesterday I finally had the window replaced the landscapper broke. The window was ordered April 11. It just arrived at the repair facility May 31.

Also last week the paint the dealer did not treat with the $1700 paint treatment I paid for was repaired (somewhat). I finished waxing it today.

And today I had the Sumo Springs installed. So I think we are ready for a great trip. Now just waiting for July 2 to come and off we go.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:50 PM   #392

Model: compass 23tw
THOR #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Yesterday I finally had the window replaced the landscapper broke. The window was ordered April 11. It just arrived at the repair facility May 31.

Also last week the paint the dealer did not treat with the $1700 paint treatment I paid for was repaired (somewhat). I finished waxing it today.

And today I had the Sumo Springs installed. So I think we are ready for a great trip. Now just waiting for July 2 to come and off we go.

please let us know the pros & cons on the sumo

thx
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:43 PM   #393

Model: Compass 23TR
THOR #7972
Sumo follow up

From my original post:
Sumosprings showed up today. Hardest part was finding a socket & extension combination the correct length. I used the 1/2” spacer with the shorter bolts that came in the kit resulting in 1/4” clearance between axel housing and Sumo.
It’s windy here today (15 to 20mph cross wind on I-10). A quick run mixing it up with the 18 wheelers showed a noticeable improvement in stability. Compared to the way it handled when we drove it home from the dealer is night and day better. I believe it’s the combination of proper front end alignment, correct tire pressure (70# for me), and the Sumosprings SSR-121-54. I recommend them for anyone with a Ford Transit based Gemini/Compass.
Hugh

Follow up:
Currently on the road for the first trip since the install. 1300 miles in and still working great. Great upgrade!
Hugh
Old 06-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #394
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that they've made a noticeable and worthwhile improvement to your rig!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:13 AM   #395

THOR #6701
I hit the highway today after the Sumo install searching out the trucks that roar up and down highway 70 about 2 miles from my house. They were all in hideing. I did notice a big improvement turning on entrance and exit ramps. Much more solid feeling.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #396

Model: 23 TR
THOR #10954
Sumo springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari View Post
please let us know the pros & cons of the sumo

thx
yes, have put on about 3,000 miles so far and they have been great. the hardest part getting the camper in the air for enough room to get the socket in and out.

Wind and side sway is really much better. Noticed when leaving a parking lot and pulling onto the street it doesn't tend to rock back and forth like it did before.
I see no downsides at all. I really appreciated the information on these air-less bags.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #397

THOR #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
yes, have put on about 3,000 miles so far and they have been great. the hardest part getting the camper in the air for enough room to get the socket in and out.

Wind and side sway is really much better. Noticed when leaving a parking lot and pulling onto the street it doesn't tend to rock back and forth like it did before.
I see no downsides at all. I really appreciated the information on these air-less bags.
is the ride on the road the same ?

Great,thank you for the update
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
Old 06-11-2018, 02:03 PM   #398

Model: 23 TR
THOR #10954
Quote:
is the ride on the road the same?

Great, thank you for the update
I think it is better. They start off soft and then get firmer as you have more tilt or movement. It raised the back end by 3/4" higher which is also better.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #399

THOR #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
I think it is better. They start off soft and then get firmer as you have more tilt or movement. It raised the back end by 3/4" higher which is also better.

thanks for all the updates

i like the way mine rides now with no mods
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
Old 06-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #400
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
thanks for all the updates

i like the way mine rides now with no mods
I'm not saying that you should "make the switch" to them...
But I've seen it many times: you'll just end up liking your ride even more!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall