Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2018, 10:44 PM   #521

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
I'm really new to this whole thing. Have had our Gemini 24TR for about 3 months and lovin it! alot of minor issues that the dealer has taken care of but one that they say "that's the way it's supposed to be". That's the shower ... our walls come down over the base but are not attached to the base anywhere. Seems like that would cause a lot of moisture to go up behind the shower wall and cause problems. Anyone seen this and am I right or is that the way its supposed to be?
Thanks
Scott
Hi Scott, My right angle shower enclosure walls do appear to be as you describe too. I was more worried about where the vanity met the shower base. Thor authorized the dealer to add a strip and silicone --see pictures (sorry one picture should have been rotated). This has worked. Unfortunately some water did get in on the seam on the toilet side causing some swelling....I have not dealt with that problem yet --plus no longer under warranty. Nancy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20180110_14_24_31_Pro.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	11878   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20180110_14_25_58_Pro.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	11879  

Old 07-29-2018, 10:54 PM   #522

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkirk View Post
Just finished a 10 day 2500 mile road trip. Went from central Illinois to east coast and back. Gemini held up good. Setbacks were as follows.
• forums chit chat about manufacturers supply , house batteries lasting no longer than two years , is true. Ours refused to hold charge 1 day before primitive camping. (Auto zone found on Google maps )
• diesel DEF ran dry at 6500 mile. (Auto zone )
• discovered that., while primitive camping, using house battery for fridge, w in use switch on , only cabin lights work, not outlets.
Also any one else discover water stains around front moon window.
Hi jdkirk,
- mine lasted 18 months
- found you can get "an idea" of the DEF level by cycling through the trip info on the dashboard using the set of arrow controls on the left of the steering wheel on my Ford
- unless you have added an inverter your outlets won't work (unless you run the generator). I have found the USB outlets WILL work so I can charge phone and run an USB fan while primitive camping.
Happily no water stains to date!
Nancy
Old 07-30-2018, 12:24 AM   #523

Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Very good idea. I will be trying this on our upcoming trip.

I also have me report on the Sumo's. What a differance they make. I took ours out for a little drive today to splash the water around in the tanks to sanitize them. So of course I was looking for some nice turns and a little rocking around. Well it handles curves so much better I don't know as I got the job done.
It appears there is some scientific research supporting my anecdotal experience with changing the A.C. fan from auto to an always on setting at night to sleep better.

"Your brain has these micro-arousals throughout the night without you being consciously aware of it--even an air-conditioning unit turning on wakes up your brain. So blocking out noises is a low-hanging fruit to improve your sleep quality.

According to a recent study published in the April 2017 issue of Sleep, white noise improves sleep quality by making it easier to fall asleep and further promoting deep sleep--think of this as restoring your body and mind from a tough workday. If you live in a noisy environment that isn't under your control, look into using noise-making sleep buds or white-noise machines." -
https://www.inc.com/julian-hayes-ii/...o-instead.html
Old 07-30-2018, 06:27 PM   #524

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #5210
Trip in the gemini

Well got back yesterday from our 4000 mile trip and of course had a few problems with our 2017 Gemini. The cabinet doors are falling off and got a lot of water coming in the rear of the unit during a rain storm. I will try and fix the cabinet doors and search for the water leak problem.the ford part of the RV preformed well and got 18mpg average. We went out west so pretty good. Wife loves the size of the coach and once i get the bugs worked out i think we will be ok. The cabinet doors are Thor’s problem and should be made of something like lexan or real wood not paperboard. Thors quality control must be non existent but I don’t think any of the Rv makers are any better. Happy camping to all.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:06 PM   #525

Model: compass 23tw
State: California
THOR #7466
trip in Gemini

The cabinet doors are falling off,I replaced my hinge screws with pan phillips

#10x1/2 in from lowes,pac of 10 was about $3.00
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:18 PM   #526

State: Iowa
THOR #10014
I have a 2016 23tr. When I tried to wax the front cap, some "dents have appeared on the driver's side of the skylight. Any idea what those could be from or how to fix them? I am thinking of trying a product called Nyalic but not sure that will solve the indentation problems
Old 07-31-2018, 04:48 PM   #527

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsman41 View Post
Well got back yesterday from our 4000 mile trip and of course had a few problems with our 2017 Gemini. The cabinet doors are falling off and got a lot of water coming in the rear of the unit during a rain storm. I will try and fix the cabinet doors and search for the water leak problem.the ford part of the RV preformed well and got 18mpg average. We went out west so pretty good. Wife loves the size of the coach and once i get the bugs worked out i think we will be ok. The cabinet doors are Thor’s problem and should be made of something like lexan or real wood not paperboard. Thors quality control must be non existent but I don’t think any of the Rv makers are any better. Happy camping to all.
oldsman41,

We also had a major water leak with our 23TR from the rear slide. Fortunately for us the leak was discovered during the purchase inspection. The dealer repaired the slide out seals that were not installed properly (where the water was coming into the coach) and Thor shipped a new bed frame to replace the one that had become damaged from the water intrusion. Needless to say we inspect the slide out seals with each use.

Paul
Old 08-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #528

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Talking K&N Engine Air Filter Revisited

FYI:

I mentioned in an earlier post about purchasing a K&N Engine Air Filter for the Transit 3.2L Diesel. K&N Part # 33-5024

Finally got around to replacing the factory original paper filter. The original filter was toast! The paper filter element was dry rotted and fell apart just touching it.

Very happy I replaced it.

Paul
Old 08-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #529

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari View Post
take a flashlight & look up behind tv u will see tabs you need to move with a long small pry bar to release carrier assembly you will need to lift up on the tv to remove so hang on to it. hope this helps
Just got around to pulling the front tv and doing some tightening. Sitting in my drive way 30 miles north of Sacramento station search on the antenna went from 4 channels to 13. Much better picture quality also. "Signal In" cable required at least 4 full turns to snug. Wake up Thor
Old 08-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #530

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by debsmith93 View Post
I have a 2016 23tr. When I tried to wax the front cap, some "dents have appeared on the driver's side of the skylight. Any idea what those could be from or how to fix them? I am thinking of trying a product called Nyalic but not sure that will solve the indentation problems
I have not seen any dents on ours and thats after a couple of those Iowa hail storms last summer. I don't know about repairs, I would be very careful using a product to rid it of dents. I think I would give Thor a shout first.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #531

THOR #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Just got around to pulling the front tv and doing some tightening. Sitting in my drive way 30 miles north of Sacramento station search on the antenna went from 4 channels to 13. Much better picture quality also. "Signal In" cable required at least 4 full turns to snug. Wake up Thor

Good job mountainsam,
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
Old 08-05-2018, 12:44 AM   #532

Model: Compass 23TB
State: Virginia
THOR #11030
I Can't Complain

Reading all the horror stories about the time it takes to get warranty work done on your RV prepared me for the 23 days it took them for my RV to be fixed.
They fixed the "code n" on the fridge and replaced a window valance.

A lug-nut cover and a pair of rubber bumpers for the bed were unavailable but will be delivered to my home when they find them.
Glad to have it back for my weekly outing.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:04 AM   #533

Model: Compass 23TB
State: Virginia
THOR #11030
Awning Caps

Yes it happened to my Compass. The awning cap on the front end fell off on Sunday, but I did not notice it until Tuesday. I called four different parts people to be led by all to a recording that wants your message.
I at least had to try to look for it.
A fourteen mile round trip, this looks useless
On the return trip, about 4 blocks from the house I couldn't believe my eyes.
Leaning on a lamppost, as if someone had placed it their, was the end cap.

Lesson learned: If you read a post that warns you about something you should check, I think I'll be checking.

EndCap + FlexTape.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #534

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by PupPup View Post
Reading all the horror stories about the time it takes to get warranty work done on your RV prepared me for the 23 days it took them for my RV to be fixed.
They fixed the "code n" on the fridge and replaced a window valance.
Sounds about right. Took 23 days just to get around to looking at it. At least they can't blame Thor for holding up your parts. Thats what burns me, they give you an appointment for service then when you drop off the rig they sit it on the back lot for three weeks before they even look at it to see what it needs and then they order parts (hopefully).

I actually felt a weight lift off my shoulders the day our warrenty expired. And just yesterday I was able to call and cancel an appointment on an issue I resolved myself.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #535

THOR #6701
23TR wiring harness

Is this what the rear wiring harness should look like? I assume it is the water pump, slide motor, maybe lights. There is a stiffener of sorts attached and I am guessing it should all tuck up into that panel. I know some of you folks have had probems with the rear wires being pinched or separated. So far we have had no issues but yesterday I was looking around for something to fix and noticed this. Any Ideas? Sorry picture tured sideways on me.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1534110153
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2227.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	12193  
Old 08-18-2018, 05:18 PM   #536

THOR #7466
sumo springs install

Well Hello,

Thought I would give a big thanks to the forum & Mountainsam,Campy&Bfdchief24 for there help on my sumo install,
took about 2 hours mostly bcuz of limited tools.
Did not use the big spacer,it raised the motorhome 1/4 inch or so,
I'm happy, I think, Have not road tested yet.
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
Old 08-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #537

State: Wyoming
THOR #5901
Propane

I had a problem getting my onboard tank refilled at two different places. It seems that Thor forgot to put the rubber gasket on the fill port. Got lucky that one of the RV stores in town had one on the shelf. Would have meant a cancelled trip.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #538

THOR #6701
I had an issue with that also on the first filing. What part of Wyoming do you live JMike?
Old 08-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #539

State: Wyoming
THOR #5901
I live in Cheyenne currently.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:04 PM   #540

THOR #6701
I was in your town a couple weeks ago. I lived in Wyoming for most of the 70's, Baggs and Casper. Enjoy the 23TR. We sure enjoys ours.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall