Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2017, 12:22 AM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
A major issue with the inverter. Just lifted up the stair to show a friend the batteries and noticed vapor and bubbling sounds with the tops of the batteries wet. Unplugged from shore power. Batteries are fried. Had to turn on the engine to start the generator.

Anyone else have any inverter issues with overcharging.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #62

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Texas
THOR #7972
My battery's failed within 3 weeks. I too assumed the inverter was at fault, it wasn't. The combination of cheap batteries and sitting on a lot before sold killed mine. Another problem is our motorhome's are 12 volt systems. The extra battery therefore has to be wired in parallel. The inverter only knows voltage so when one cell in one battery is bad the charger puts out full power in an attempt to bring the batteries to full charge. With a bad cell that can't happen. Eventually the electrolyte boiles out giving off the smell you experienced. I replaced mine with O'Reilly part#24DCM marine batteries. I also bought a hydrometer and battery fill bottle from Amazon.
The WFCO theory of operation is a good read and should help understanding how the battery charging is supposed to work. Look it up on google.
Hope this helps,
Hugh
Old 10-27-2017, 02:08 PM   #63

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
THOR #9752
Excellent point about sitting on the lot for so long. Batteries only last 3 years in Florida and that is when they are being used and cared for on a regular basis. I had not thought about that.

Again, excellent point. I am taking the coach in for some other repairs. Let's see if these are replaced at that point.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #64

State: North Carolina
THOR #9217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfdchief24 View Post
If it's the same as the 23TR is is accessed in the rear outside compartment on the left side. There is an access panel with a finger hole in it. Just pull it out and it's in there. Not much room but this is where you winterize it too.
Thanks chief24.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #65

Model: Citation sr24
State: Alabama
THOR #8551
Good morning all
We have 2017 Gemini TR. The problem is with hot water in shower cycling between hot and cold water temperature. Is there an adjustment that can fix this problem?
Old 11-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #66

THOR #6333
Since hw heater is a flow demand issue I'd check the pump filter for polypropolene chips 1st. Filter clog seems to be a common problem for newer models.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 11-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #67

THOR #7972
Although the on demand water heater needs a minimum flow to operate there is another factor to consider. I too had trouble regulating temperature at first. Setting the temperature to the recommended 115deg and regulating with cold water did not work. Temperature would rise to 130 and cutoff delivering a shot of cold water. Did the flow test per Girard's instructions, passed. Gerard suggested using the controller to set desired temperature and no cold water mixing. Setting to absolute minimum (90?) helped some over the summer. This is using the onboard fresh water(first clue). Turns out the unit needs about a 30deg temperature delta between supply and delivered water to supply a steady outlet temperature. The onboard water here in Texas was 85 to 90deg all summer. Using park water two weeks ago in Arkansas (65deg), the unit performed flawlessly. Still using absolute temperature for showers (95-100deg depending on personal preference). Bottom line is the unit has minimum flow and temperature delta requirements.
Hugh
Old 11-01-2017, 05:51 PM   #68

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlson27 View Post
Good morning all
We have 2017 Gemini TR. The problem is with hot water in shower cycling between hot and cold water temperature. Is there an adjustment that can fix this problem?
Is this occurring when you are on city water, or when using the onboard water pump? I had that problem when on city water, and the fix was to buy an adjustable water pressure regulator and set it to about 53psi. The pre-sets are all at about 45psi, not enough for the water heater to maintain consistent hot water. With the regulator set at 53psi it works quite well, and adjusting the temp by mixing cold water is not a problem either. I set the temp for 120 degrees.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #69

Model: Citation sr24
State: Alabama
THOR #8551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Is this occurring when you are on city water, or when using the onboard water pump? I had that problem when on city water, and the fix was to buy an adjustable water pressure regulator and set it to about 53psi. The pre-sets are all at about 45psi, not enough for the water heater to maintain consistent hot water. With the regulator set at 53psi it works quite well, and adjusting the temp by mixing cold water is not a problem either. I set the temp for 120 degrees.

City water
Old 11-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #70

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Jensen Antenna

How about it Gemini and Compass owners, how many if any have an antenna for the Jensen?
I checked this morning and I only have a small wire in the antenna jack and it is just laying inside the wall. We haven't been able to get reception on that fm/am frequencies. I saw on a thread yesterday, but now I can't find, a post about this and the antenna that should be attached.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #71

THOR #5821
Didn't have one as it came from the factory. Dealer added an antennae specifically for the Jenson, mounted on the side above the Jenson, which really looks like it belongs there, despite my doubts when they told me what they planned to do. Also there was an antennae mounted on the front cap above the driver, but it was connected to nothing, and the Axera in the dash had no antennae attached. Dealer had to run a cable down the left A pillar to get that connected. Guess the minimum wage antennae connector assembly line guy was on break when yours and mine went by his station.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:47 PM   #72

THOR #6701
Quote:
Didn't have one as it came from the factory. Dealer added an antennae specifically for the Jenson, mounted on the side above the Jenson, which really looks like it belongs there, despite my doubts when they told me what they planned to do. Also there was an antennae mounted on the front cap above the driver, but it was connected to nothing, and the Axera in the dash had no antennae attached. Dealer had to run a cable down the left A pillar to get that connected. Guess the minimum wage antennae connector assembly line guy was on break when yours and mine went by his station.
I think there were a few people on break that day. The QC guy for sure.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #73

THOR #9606
MountainSam, how did you check your Jensen? I seem to be getting a fair amount of AM/FM signals, but I live in town so it's not a good test.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:47 PM   #74

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjrappe View Post
MountainSam, how did you check your Jensen? I seem to be getting a fair amount of AM/FM signals, but I live in town so it's not a good test.
I just pulled the four screws out and eased it from the hole. Also I got the ladder out and checked the roof for an antenna. I get some reception but not good reception like the dash radio. Recently on a short trip to Oregon we had trouble finding a station but found several on the dash. TV reception was terrible.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:52 AM   #75

Model: compass 23tw
THOR #7466
We love our Gemini,just returned from 3 days in Phoenix Az & had a great time.just need to get entry door to motorhome adjusted, need to slam it hard to get it latch.CW Bakersfield is no help, so I will pay a body shop to adjust it.
& I will do the toothpick & glue on the cabinet door screw holes.
thanks.
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:35 AM   #76

THOR #7972
Jensen radio antenna

Once again similar QC issues. I pulled the Jensen out to discover the AM/FM antenna coiled up. Drilled a small hole in the overhead shelf and routed the antenna wire under the liner. Workers better now.
Discovered a smashed HDMI cable end while I was in there. It never stops I've ordered a solderless HDMI end, we'll see.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:02 AM   #77

THOR #5821
On ours, the dealer installed a 2nd antennae for the Jensen, so it now has its own outside antennae. Works pretty well now.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #78

Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
I have a couple of questions for those with holding tank heat pads. Once they are turned on, do they only heat when the temperature is below 32°? Does your RV have a heating pad for the fresh water holding tank?
Old 11-09-2017, 07:20 PM   #79
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The pads have a thermostat and only heat below about 40F.
Our fresh water tank is inside the heated area of the coach so it doesn't have a pad.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #80

THOR #6701
Quote:
Didn't have one as it came from the factory. Dealer added an antennae specifically for the Jenson, mounted on the side above the Jenson, which really looks like it belongs there, despite my doubts when they told me what they planned to do.

Laco, could you post a picture of your antenna that the dealer installed. I found one on line but not to sure about it. The dealer cant get me in until mid January to look and see if I have an antenna at which time they would ask Thor for authorization. All meaning I may have it done with two trips to the dealer and several weeks into Spring. Send me a PM if it easier. Thanks, Sam

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall