Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #421

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 23 TR
State: Florida
THOR #10954
[attach]Click image for larger version

Name:	pipe storage.JPG
Views:	945
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	10860[/attach]
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
it was pretty easy once i finally figured it out. I was going to do what you suggested in the bumper. Way better, to go over the gray water pipe in the area where your flush valves are located. I cut just above the gray water pipe and it fits in parallel to the bumper and can use ties to hold again this area as it is open. I will send a photo, but hard to take one the looks good enough to figure out. Really nice to just open the back compartment and everything is there to use for the dump.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #422

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Texas
THOR #7972
Great idea!
Old 06-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #423

Model: 2018 Gemini 23 TR
State: Quebec
THOR #11163
Thanks Campy, I will definitely have a look at this option (after the spare tire mod.)
Old 06-18-2018, 11:33 PM   #424

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Thanks Campy. Great idea.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:00 PM   #425

Model: Gemini 23TB
State: Georgia
THOR #10886
Noisy AC

I've got the Dometic 13,500 btu AC on the roof and it is really loud even on low. Called Thor and they said to check the screws securing the unit to the roof and the "squirrel cage" inside. Nothing is rattling, it's just that on low, it's still a pretty high rpm and noisy. I know on my home AC when it was installed the tech adjusted the fan speeds based on how much air was moving through the vents. Does anyone know if that can be done on our RV units? Thor of course says no. Thanks!
Mac
Old 06-19-2018, 09:17 PM   #426

Model: Compass 23TB
State: Virginia
THOR #11030
Sorry to "Hear" that. This is our second RV and the noise level seems to be the same. Closing the main duct and running the air through the venting does cut the noise down a little.
Not that it's been mentioned our camping trip this last weekend was great.
except for that for the Airstream that was next to us. His ac cycled on and off and was twice as loud as ours.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:02 PM   #427

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
I have two of the dometic 13500 AC/Heat pumps. Though they are not exactly silent, the noise level is about what I expected, and not much different than the two AC's in our former DP.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:51 AM   #428

Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
I have discovered that I sleep better by setting the AC fan to low, so that it runs all night. It seems to not bother me as much as having the fan on Auto and having it start up on high every time the compressor for AC comes on.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #429

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Water Hose Recommendation

For what it is worth, I followed a friend's suggestion regarding the Apex Zero-G RV/Marine Hybrid Hose that is sold at Camping World. I purchased the 50' x 1/2" hose for around $30.

It is SO MUCH better than the old "regular" white hose(s). This hose wraps up into a much smaller space and is very much lighter. I keep the hose, the water pressure regulator and in line filter in a ventilated bag in the driver's side storage compartment. All items take up less space than the old hose by itself!

It is nice to find something that works "as advertised".

Paul
Old 06-20-2018, 10:26 PM   #430

THOR #6701
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladinwj View Post
I have discovered that I sleep better by setting the AC fan to low, so that it runs all night. It seems to not bother me as much as having the fan on Auto and having it start up on high every time the compressor for AC comes on.
Very good idea. I will be trying this on our upcoming trip.

I also have me report on the Sumo's. What a differance they make. I took ours out for a little drive today to splash the water around in the tanks to sanitize them. So of course I was looking for some nice turns and a little rocking around. Well it handles curves so much better I don't know as I got the job done.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:07 AM   #431

THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladinwj View Post
It shouldn't always start on high, only if there is too much of a difference between the ambient room temperature and the thermostat setting. There is, however that sudden rush of air and the accompanying sounds when it does start up, though. BTW I have had several AC tech's tell me they wish the fans ran continuously on high with no setting like 'auto' or low as according to them it is better for the AC unit. From a user perspective, I wouldn't like that.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:26 AM   #432

Model: Gemini 24TX
State: Washington
THOR #11845
Gray water tank on Gemini 24TX

Bought a 2018 Gemini 24TX in early May. Have had one weekend outing about 40 miles from home for 3 days as shakeout run. Generally things worked as they intended. I have not been able to figure our bathroom plumbing as it appears the graywater firm shower and sink must go to black water tank since it is right there at top of compartment where dump valves are located. There is tank adjacent to kitchen sink which I expect is the graywater tank. Have not been able to tell how everything is connected. Got plumbing dog form Thor but does not show tanks or plumbing under main floor. Anyone with 24 TX know how our units are configured? Great forum have been reading and learning from all the posts
Tow 2017 Chevy Spark
hjd3021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:34 AM   #433

Model: Gemini 24TX
State: Washington
THOR #11845
Electrical Wiring

Has anyone noted the seeming haphazard wire routing? There sure are lots of wires but neatness was not high on their priority list apparently. I read a post regarding issues with wire nuts on the transfer switch. Apparently there are solid wire connecting to stranded wires that use wire nuts which is difficult to make good connections. Sounded like the individual was close to having a fire. Curious if others have had any wiring issues related to poor connections? I also noted on mine the wiring in the A/C inside the return air area was all haphazard and used wire nuts as well. There is a small box in there as well that just is loose in the space with wires connecting to it. I'm going to work on some of these and add electrical tape to make sure wire nuts don't come off.
Tow 2017 Chevy Spark
hjd3021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:48 AM   #434

Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
[QUOTE=hjd3021;127123]Bought a 2018 Gemini 24TX in early May. Have had one weekend outing about 40 miles from home for 3 days as shakeout run. Generally things worked as they intended. I have not been able to figure our bathroom plumbing as it appears the graywater firm shower and sink must go to black water tank since it is right there at top of compartment where dump valves are located. There is tank adjacent to kitchen sink which I expect is the graywater tank. Have not been able to tell how everything is connected. Got plumbing dog form Thor but does not show tanks or plumbing under main floor. Anyone with 24 TX know how our units are configured? Great forum have been reading and learning from all the posts[/QUOTE

I have a Compass 24TX which should be the same as your Gemini 24TX. In mine, the kitchen sink and shower go to the gray tank and bathroom sink and toilet go to the black tank.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:45 PM   #435

THOR #5821
My TX also has the kitchen sink and shower draining into the grey tank, though Thor's drawings clearly show the kitchen sink draining to the black tank. So much for accurate drawings from Thor. Toilet and bathroom sink drain into the black tank.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #436

THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjd3021 View Post
Has anyone noted the seeming haphazard wire routing? There sure are lots of wires but neatness was not high on their priority list apparently. I read a post regarding issues with wire nuts on the transfer switch. Apparently there are solid wire connecting to stranded wires that use wire nuts which is difficult to make good connections. Sounded like the individual was close to having a fire. Curious if others have had any wiring issues related to poor connections? I also noted on mine the wiring in the A/C inside the return air area was all haphazard and used wire nuts as well. There is a small box in there as well that just is loose in the space with wires connecting to it. I'm going to work on some of these and add electrical tape to make sure wire nuts don't come off.
About three or four months after we bought the Gemini, I lost most of the lights, and about half the outlets while retracting the rear slide. Turned out a wood brace under the bedroom floor came loose and did a real number on the wiring harness. Tech @ the dealer made it all well.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:52 PM   #437

State: Colorado
THOR #12002
Gemini TR

After years of researching RVs I finally settled up the Gemini TR as my perfect wheels.. now for the my dilemma , I’m a avid Cyclist and need to bring my bike & cant get my carrier & bike on the hitch & clear the slide out,. Do any of you have any suggestions or have you heard or seen anyone mount the bike rack onto the back of the slide out . I know it’s a bit radical but I’m desperate for a working solution. Thanks for any info you may supply ..
Old 06-22-2018, 10:26 PM   #438

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsplorer View Post
I've got the Dometic 13,500 btu AC on the roof and it is really loud even on low. Called Thor and they said to check the screws securing the unit to the roof and the "squirrel cage" inside. Nothing is rattling, it's just that on low, it's still a pretty high rpm and noisy. I know on my home AC when it was installed the tech adjusted the fan speeds based on how much air was moving through the vents. Does anyone know if that can be done on our RV units? Thor of course says no. Thanks!
Mac
The problem is Coleman Mach 3 (Airxcel) only has two electric motors - one drives the compressor and the other (twin shaft) drives both the the interior fan evaporator and the exterior fan (condenser) You can only show condenser fan so much before the compressor will shut off because of excessive pressure in the refrigerant. There are other Airxcel products where there is a third motor (Coleman Mach 8 or Colman Mach 10) but they are considerably more expensive then the Mach 3. I put a Polar Cub (Mach 8 EZ Cub) in the bedroom for the noise reason. Its blower on high is only 200 cfm as opposed to the 320 cfm for the Mach 3.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #439

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhadoodle View Post
After years of researching RVs I finally settled up the Gemini TR as my perfect wheels.. now for the my dilemma , I’m a avid Cyclist and need to bring my bike & cant get my carrier & bike on the hitch & clear the slide out,. Do any of you have any suggestions or have you heard or seen anyone mount the bike rack onto the back of the slide out . I know it’s a bit radical but I’m desperate for a working solution. Thanks for any info you may supply ..
I wouldn't attach anything to the slide. There are bike racks for your hitch that will swing away or lay back. I would check into that.Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new TR
Old 06-23-2018, 01:10 PM   #440

Model: Compass 23TR
THOR #7972
Almost stranded fillowup

Follow up
Basically the DPF problem repeated itself on the way home. This time I took photos of the messages on the dash and used the location data to document the exact mileage of the symptoms as they occurred. Took her in with my 2,000 mile event log Tuesday. Picked up Friday and running great again. I had a another DPF soot accumulation code. The fix was to run a manual regeneration and reprogram the powertrain control module per a TSB for my vin#.
Although I had decided not to do the trailer module recall, they did it while it was there. Might save someone trouble years from now.

On the bright side had no issue with the RV itself. Ten days camping without breaking anything! Even used the small footprint of the Compass to park in one of the few remaining public beach access parking lots to enjoy white sand and clear water one morning.
The adventure continues,
Hugh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08811353-6F0D-45E4-AFBD-AB91ED6D2DF3.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	10954   Click image for larger version

Name:	52035319-914D-4F39-BA61-E449061D0EC4.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	10955