Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #701

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TR
State: Texas
THOR #7972
You got it. I find the Camco Rhino blaster helps a little. Connect it opposite from the photo. You have to be committed when dealing with dumping on our models.
Good luck,
Hugh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1FA2E558-D262-48CE-B10F-689260348CCE.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	13903  

Old 11-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #702

State: Colorado
THOR #13138
Haha...it was in her horses field and probably a gallon bucket came out. Hugh, I am going to check out and see if I can maneuver the pipe downward in order to drain the rest of the black tank. Thank you for your help. Mary
Old 11-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #703
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I guess if her horses ever end up in your yard: you can't really blame them for what happens...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:03 PM   #704

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Costco foam mattress topper
I've just unboxed it and find I will have to trim off 8-10"....and it is heavier than expected. I abit Afraid it won't work for folding as is necessary. Can anyone comment from experience? Hate to cut it and then try and take it back!!!
Old 11-07-2018, 10:43 PM   #705

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Ours came from Camping World, did not need to be trimmed, and works well.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:27 AM   #706

THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Ours came from Camping World, did not need to be trimmed, and works well.
Thanks for your quick response, Laco, just knowing the extra thickness will fold-up gave me enough confidence to cut😀
Haven't tried to fold it yet...tomorrow! Nancy
Old 11-08-2018, 12:57 AM   #707

THOR #13138
Good luck with raising the bed. If it works, I might get one. We have a 2017 gemini tr. what is your rig, Nancy?
Old 11-08-2018, 01:16 AM   #708

THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgoulart View Post
Good luck with raising the bed. If it works, I might get one. We have a 2017 gemini tr. what is your rig, Nancy?
Hi Docgoulart, mine is a 2017 23TR too. I just gave it a quick test and it seems to fold up fine! My gas struts gave up a while back and I've been using an extendable shower rod to hold the bed in its folded position. The weight of the bed with the topper is making me think about replacing the struts again with stronger lift --for the assist with raising it;-) it's heavy!
The real test will come tonight re comfort...
Old 11-08-2018, 01:17 AM   #709

THOR #13138
Good luck with that. Hope you sleep well tonight. Glad that I can consult with a fellow Gemini owner! Mary
Old 11-09-2018, 05:23 AM   #710

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Nancy, have you completed your trip south and if so how did it go?
Old 11-11-2018, 06:30 AM   #711

THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Nancy, have you completed your trip south and if so how did it go?
Yes, I'm south! I really liked my route and the weather was fine --no winter conditions -not sure why I worried. I took the I-90 going into Seattle and then US-97 ...got onto US-395 about Redmond, OR and ended up in Palm Springs. I enjoyed this route as it was scenic and not the I-5;-) The last leg was my least favourite driving day but I will likely repeat this trip.
https://goo.gl/maps/DRpfsDo9P4H2
Old 11-11-2018, 06:40 AM   #712

THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgoulart View Post
Good luck with that. Hope you sleep well tonight. Glad that I can consult with a fellow Gemini owner! Mary
So, I took a few nights to decide how I liked it. The weight is noticeable, it is kind of marshmellowy and the already difficult to manage bed is now EVEN HARDER to make up. My verdict is that the new topping does provide significantly more comfort.
It does seem (even using the supplied "cool cover") warmer, but overall I think it is a change for the better. Nancy
Old 11-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #713

State: Arizona
THOR #13161
Compass in the wild

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k3dhxaq2i...rR_16txda?dl=0
Old 11-19-2018, 01:08 AM   #714

Model: Compass 23TB
THOR #13560
Pretty Happy - Just brought my Compass 23TB Home! Bit of an adventure though....

So I went to do my delivery and orientation yesterday for my brand spanking new (well with some KM's on it from the delivery from Indiana!) Compass 23TB. Went VERY well. My dealer was soooooo accommodating. Really detailed walk through but of course now I will still be reading manuals for a couple of weeks! Everything I had noted in my inspection has been dealt with and addressed, they even re-sealed EVERYTHING, and tightened every screw and bolt. I had actually pre-arranged with my salesperson to de-winterize it (because I learn best by DOING) so that I could winterize when I got it home - but also because before I drove off the lot I wanted to make sure everything worked such as the tankless water heating system, furnace, water pump, etc. I also negotiated into my purchase (among many other things like solar panels) to have them install a water pump winterizing bypass kit. Which of course they did! I especially wanted to be able to winterize right away when I got home as the tempareatures in Vancouver are starting to hit freezing this week (which is odd but does happen sometimes LOL). So, the drive home to Richmond from Abbotsford was amazing, it handled like a dream, sipped fuel, maneuvered well, rear camera and blind spot mirrors amazing, and just a dream to drive. I did note that I will have to find a way to secure the shower hose to the wall while driving as it does swing a bit and bang around which is just a touch annoying.

So, I got home, showed my parents the unit, roommates checked it out, made sure it was level in the driveway, tested out the slide, awning etc. Then started to winterize. Got everything hooked up, tube in antifreeze, valves turned the appropriate way, turned on water pump and started with the outdoor shower. Nothing - nadda, no antifreeze being sucked out of the jug. Tried some other taps, nadda, nothing. Now it's getting dark, and I'm fiddling around inside the water pump compartment trying to see if I have done something wrong - nope - everything is as it should be, nothing being sucked out of the antifreeze jug. I did a lot of swearing trying to balance flashlights too until I realized there's a LIGHT IN THE COMPARTMENT! (Kicking myself for forgetting that - but in my defense it was hard to see from the angle I was working!) So, because last night was only supposed to go down to 1 degree (Celcius) I decided to drain everything dry (tanks and fresh water low point drain) pour some antifreeze in the drains and call it a night (after consulting with the salesperson and tech via the phone!).

Wake up today, decide to try a bunch of other things first - connect to shore power (outdoor house outlet) which worked like a charm. Connect to city water, test out tankless water heating system, worked like a charm. No sputtering, no nothing. Solid and consistent water temperature and very consistent flow. Ran the furnace - heated from 6 Celsius (inside) to 20 Celsius in about 12 minutes. Tested every light and USB port, and every socket. Everything working amazingly.

Then decided to start fresh on trying the winterizing with some daylight and no rush. Filled the fresh water tank, ran TONS of water using the pump, purred like a kitten! Got a few spurts and pats here and there and slightly less pressure than the city water supply but still very good. Pump goes on and off as it should. Emptied the tanks. Repeated (on the thought that there may be some air in some lines as I heard a bit of sputtering from the taps as I mentioned). Everything worked like a dream. Sooooooo hooked up the winterizating tube to the anti-freeze jug, and tried again. Nothing, nadda. Double checked I had everything set up as instructed, all vales in the right position etc. Still nothing. Stumped.

So, then I remembered during negotiations that my sales person had texted me a picture of the winterize bypass kit. Using the info from the packaging and the model number I was able to search online and found a video review of the unit which included a tech doing the install and operating it. Now, it's not a video by the manufacturer but is from a reputable RV service instruction site. So, watched the video. Then I looked at how the unit was attached to my water pump. It's "backwards!!!!!!!!!!! Well, not wholly backwards, but I would describe as "partially backwards". Some of the fittings are installed in reverse of the way the video showed. Alas, a call to my salesperson, texted him the link to the video and a picture of how mine is installed and he agrees it doesn't look right! So, for the moment, because the weather is forecast to go below freezing for the next couple of nights I did the **cringeworthy** winterization technique of filling the water tank with about 8 gallons of antifreeze and using the water pump to run it through everything. Not ideal, but at least safe and protected. I'll have to flush it really really well when I get it working to get the anitfreeze taste out but I'd rather do that then have a water line rupture from freezing! Salesperson called back and they'll be able to get me in next Saturday to take a look at re-doing the bypass kit and this time we will TEST it before I leave the lot!

Also noticed a tiny little water leak on the drain in the bathroom sink. Looks like the drain isn't 100% perfectly seated in the bottom of the sink and there appears to be a minisule gap which is causing some water to leak down the outside of the drain pipe underneath. No biggie, easily fixable. Also the retraining bar at the bottom of the main coach door fell off .. again no biggie, easy to replace and it's really only there to ensure the door doesn't swing open and smash into the passenger side of the chassis! Both of those will get dealt with on Saturday.

So, for a newbie (though a well research and fairly well prepared newbie) I think my first 48 hours were pretty darned good in the grand scheme of things. Yes the winterizing is a bit of an annoyance but it looks like it was not "user error" which was my worst fear - and it should be able to be dealt with quickly and easily!

All in all, based on the stories I've heard, I think this is pretty standard stuff! Pretty happy so far. The big stuff all works and I'm looking forward to taking it out for a shakedown in the next couple of weeks!!!

Sorry for the novel, thought it may be fun to share my experience.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:26 AM   #715

THOR #5922
Hi soarin76,
Sounds like you have had great success in troubleshooting a lot of future problems! Much better than discovering these things on the road;-) As you say, making sure all the big stuff is working is huge --so big congrats! Nancy
Old 11-19-2018, 02:40 AM   #716

THOR #13560
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
Hi soarin76,
Sounds like you have had great success in troubleshooting a lot of future problems! Much better than discovering these things on the road;-) As you say, making sure all the big stuff is working is huge --so big congrats! Nancy
Thanks so much!! Yup - I’m ensuring as many things as possible are tested and dealt with before I try it in the “wild” of Porteau Cove hahaha
Old 11-19-2018, 04:23 AM   #717

THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin76 View Post
Thanks so much!! Yup - I’m ensuring as many things as possible are tested and dealt with before I try it in the “wild” of Porteau Cove hahaha
Yes, hard to travel far in this season in BC....due to M/S or mountain tire restrictions. I've bought cable chains (I never plan to put on) "carry chains" for my current travel. Should the road not look good I plan to hold up until conditions improve.

There will still be small stuff...I just noticed my driver's side back up light was really loose...easy fix to tighten by reaching underneath but would be bad to lose while traveling!! Nancy
Old 11-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #718

THOR #13560
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
Yes, hard to travel far in this season in BC....due to M/S or mountain tire restrictions. I've bought cable chains (I never plan to put on) "carry chains" for my current travel. Should the road not look good I plan to hold up until conditions improve.

There will still be small stuff...I just noticed my driver's side back up light was really loose...easy fix to tighten by reaching underneath but would be bad to lose while traveling!! Nancy
Funny you mention the backup light - my father (who was driving behind me on my trip back from Abbotsford to Richmond) noticed a bit of a design flaw. The driver’s side brake light is obscured by the rear ladder - if someone is behind you they will only see the passenger side brake light!!!!
Old 11-20-2018, 11:31 PM   #719

THOR #6701
Does anyone know if Thor dropped a couple RUV "B" models? I see only four models listed on the 2019 Thor floorplan website. Two on Ford chassis and two on MB.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:42 PM   #720

THOR #6701
Sorry for the novel, thought it may be fun to share my experience. Quote from soarrin76.

Thanks for the story and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have your head where it should be, learning all you can and having a great PDI, all of which should lead to happy and successful adventures. Congrats on the new rig.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall