Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2019, 11:01 PM   #881

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtexeira2014 View Post
According to YouTube, there is supposed to be an on/ off switch for this. We have a Gemini 23tb. Searched everywhere for a switch. Can’t find it. Our electronics are above fridge. Hard to see up there. Any thoughts ?
When I first read your question I thought you were looking for the antenna boast for the tvs. I have no idea about a wifi extender as my 2017 Gemini 23TR doesn't have one. Only the antenna boast which is located in the cabinet about the fridge on the cable connection plate.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1552863636
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_6f9.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	16238  

Old 03-21-2019, 09:59 PM   #882

THOR #6701
Swivel passanger seat

Ok, I may be old but I don't consider myself weak, but I can not for the life of me swivel the passanger seat in our 23TR Gemini.It should not be a two or three person operation. I can pull the lever but the seat does not budge in rotation. What am I missing? Can any of you Gemini/Compass Ford folks swivel that seat?
Old 03-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #883

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Ok, I may be old but I don't consider myself weak, but I can not for the life of me swivel the passanger seat in our 23TR Gemini.It should not be a two or three person operation. I can pull the lever but the seat does not budge in rotation. What am I missing? Can any of you Gemini/Compass Ford folks swivel that seat?
Ok,
-First get yourself a drink
-Sit in passenger seat and drink it
-then lift lever
-while lever is lifted slide seat toward driver seat
-then rotate seat
-first several times it will be hard to move, but it starts moving easier the more u use it.
If that don't work get another drink, and swear a lot. Then try again. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:25 PM   #884

THOR #6701
Thanks jdkirk, I'm pouring the drink now and will be headed out in a minute to give it a try.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:21 AM   #885

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Swivel Passenger Seat

Mine works fine and my wife usually turns the seat around. Just a suggestion but I would look underneath the seat and make sure they did not install the drivers seat in the passenger seat as the drivers seat does not swivel. Try some WD40 or lithium spray used for the slide mechanism
Good luck and go to the third drink if they mixed up the seats
Coveman
2018 23 TB
2007 Roadtrek 210
94 Roadtrek 190
Old 03-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #886

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
I had to remove the yellow warning sticker that was placed where the seat swivels on the base. Once that was removed and some lithium grease applied, the base started to swivel a bit easier. Of course that was on about the 25 or so attempt.

Good luck!

Paul
Old 03-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #887

THOR #6701
SUCCESS, I sprayed it with "magic juice" CRC. Found an easy way to push the seat over and rotated it several times to get the CRC spread around. I have severe Carpo Tunnel and awaiting surgery so pulling the lever isn't the easiest thing right now. But with help from you gentlemen it works. Thank you all very much.

This proved to be a very good excuse to pull a cork.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #888

THOR #9752
23TR Bedroom Sliding Window Issue

Another bit of QA excellence on Thor's part.

The rubber track that the the sliding window in the bed room slide-out of our 2017 23TR is missing half of the top track. I discovered that when after having opened and closed the window enough times the top track moved all the way to the back of the frame and therefore, the window came out of that rubber track. The result of this was to jam the edge of the window against the track and not slide through the groove of the rubber track. The window was stuck in the locked position.

After MUCH trouble shooting with the appropriate language, I decided to compare the two windows. This is when I noticed one window had a full rubber track along the top of the widow frame that the window slides in and the other had only half of that track installed in the frame.

Quick fix was to take out the screen and window and move the track into the middle of the window frame. Now the window slides in the track and not against it. However, the track will eventually again move so it needs a permanent fix.

I emailed Thor for a new piece of track to install myself since this is not rocket science. Not that easy! I have to bring the RV in so a technician can determine the manufacturer of the window to order the correct replacement track. OK - I can understand that.

Just a word to the wise...My window jammed in the locked position but it could just as easily have jammed in the open position!

Paul
Old 03-25-2019, 10:59 PM   #889

THOR #6701
I read about that issue quite a while back but just once. I thought it was an one time issue. I guess I should extend the slide and check mine out. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:49 PM   #890

Model: Whitewater Toyhauler
State: Arizona
THOR #9130
I am hoping someone in this forum can answer my question regarding the fuel efficiency of the 2 Gemini/Compass models I am considering, i.e. 23TB and 24TF. Will the MB Sprinter 3500 engine on the 24TF allow for the same fuel economy of the Transit on the 23TB? If I go from 23.6 ft to 25 ft will that equate to less mpg? The mpg is top priority to me, therefore I am leaning towards the 23TB, but, if I could get the same mpg I would seriously consider the 24TF. I appreciate you input. Thanks
Old 03-28-2019, 11:52 PM   #891

THOR #6701
I have a 23TR so I can attest to the Ford 3.2. I get 15 to 16 mpg driving average 70 mph. What I have seen posted on Thor Forums is that the Mercedes engine is nearly the same. If you are concerned with mpg you are probably also interested in maintenance costs. That is where the disparity would be between the two engines. Mercedes are quite expensive to maintain and far fewer dealers for warranty issues. I would also doubt the extra length would be too much of an issue as far as mpg.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:03 AM   #892

Model: Whitewater Toyhauler
State: Arizona
THOR #9130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
I have a 23TR so I can attest to the Ford 3.2. I get 15 to 16 mpg driving average 70 mph. What I have seen posted on Thor Forums is that the Mercedes engine is nearly the same. If you are concerned with mpg you are probably also interested in maintenance costs. That is where the disparity would be between the two engines. Mercedes are quite expensive to maintain and far fewer dealers for warranty issues. I would also doubt the extra length would be too much of an issue as far as mpg.
Thanks mountainsam, you have strengthened my resolve to purchase the 23TB. I forgot to consider maintenance for the Mercedes. And I see you have 3 folks and dogs in your rig, so the 23TB should be a cinch for my solo trips and possibly a friend (or grandchild or two). Will be selling my 20 ft toyhauler and truck later this year to allow for the purchase of the 23TB. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:26 AM   #893

THOR #13224
Fuel Mileage

Mine only has 2100 km`s on it but my limited driving I am getting 17 mph but that was the break in period. I usually drive at 90- 100 km`s and try and avoid four lane highways and interstates when in the US. The MB is a great platform but the maintenance costs and dealer locations could be a problem when you are 500 miles away, whereas there is a whole lot more Ford dealers than MB.
BTW in my short time owning it , I really like it.
Coveman2
2018 23TB
2007 Roadtrek 210
1994 Roadtrek 190
Old 03-29-2019, 12:50 PM   #894

THOR #9752
Throwing my "Transit vs Sprinter insight" into the ring also.

The longest drive we made in our 23TR was from Venice, FL to Lake City, FL which is a roughly 500 mile round trip. We were thrilled to get a over 17mpg mostly on I75 at 65mph but also on some two lane country roads. As far as Ford vs Mercedes maintenance - around Florida it is very easy to get service for the Transit at the major Ford Truck dealers scattered around. We had to drive to just North of Tampa for our recall service. Just a little over an hour away but right next to Lazydays RV so we had fun window shopping while service was being performed. Not so for a Mercedes chassis - or so I have been told. This was actually a major factor in our purchase of the Transit based coach! In any event the mpg with the Transit sure beats the 9mpg we MIGHT get with our previous Gulfstream BT Cruiser and the Ford E350 Super Duty V10!

Love our Compass 23TR. Even with all the Thor QA issues.

As an aside, I see that it seems Thor is discontinuing the 23TR...The current 2019 floor plans for the Compass/Gemini only show a 23TB and 23TW on the Transit chassis. We really like the rear bed slide out. If you want that you can still get one but on the Sprinter chassis with the 24SX but you have to give up all semblance of having a usable kitchen????

As Artie Johnson would say "Very Interesting - but ...."

Paul
Old 03-30-2019, 04:28 PM   #895

State: Nevada
THOR #14577
I am trying to get the cable working

I have a 2019 Gemini and an Axxera tv. I cannot receive any cable channels I know how to do the cable and air scans but I do tnot get any cable channels from 2 or 3 different parks Is there a trick to this I feel so stupid
Old 03-30-2019, 04:41 PM   #896

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtexeira2014 View Post
I have a 2019 Gemini and an Axxera tv. I cannot receive any cable channels I know how to do the cable and air scans but I do tnot get any cable channels from 2 or 3 different parks Is there a trick to this I feel so stupid

I also had that problem. I found the cable hooked up the the tv in the living room was very loose. I ended up removing the tv so I could tighten the cable lead. If I remember I turned it 4 or5 complete rounds before it was tight. I now get many channels.
Secondly, are you getting the antenna boost switched off while using cable?
Old 03-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #897

THOR #13224
Cable not working

First check to see that the antenna booster is off and then check all of the connections at the HDMI splitter and at the post and at the coach connections.
Coveman2
Old 03-30-2019, 05:09 PM   #898

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Jackknife couch replacement;
Finally got good enough weather in central Illinois to work in camper. Wasn't comfortable with the jackknife couch , sitting in it for long periods didn't work. Posted to you fellow gemi-heads, and came up with a 58" recpro love seat recliner as the answer. Quite pleased w results. Here is the results. First photo , after 2nd before. Dog approved.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190330_114804756.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	16377Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190324_121225527.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	16378
Old 03-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #899

THOR #6701
Great looking seats.......and dog
Old 04-01-2019, 02:21 PM   #900

State: Iowa
THOR #9915
Canada

We are planning a trip to the Canadian Rockies this summer.
Does anyone have experience with such a trip? I have heard there may be some restrictions requiring prescriptions being in original packaging only.
How about campground availability? Will the "ParkAdvisor" app be complete enough or is the a better one for Canada?
Any advice/suggestions would be welcome.
Don B.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall