Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2019, 10:51 PM   #1021

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkwood View Post
My wife is lawyer, Criminal and Family, transitioning into semi retirement. From NE of Toronto CAN. We are in Florida, 28 days in Florida. The Florida Keys, Naples.

Office sends her files via email, processes the work and forwards back to the client.

In the office we have set up a Laptop with Skype and Apple face time. Clients can sit in a chair and chat with her anyplace in the world with internet.

If internet is sketchy, then do an audio chat without the face/ visual.

As with me I own Apartment buildings and home rentals and at Walt Disney World I sold 2 buildings, again phasing into retirement and all work, papers signed electronically by Docusign systems.

Can be done and I a/ we are doing it. As to those doing a VLOG and making money. The space is pretty crowded.

My take on the NEW Marketplace for RVs, I like to think I am its poster child, the people who have seen the world in general, travel, cruising etc and now want to see their own country/ies and how do we do that at an older age and not wanting to tent camp, but travel in style.

In fact being the business guy that I am, for the past two years I have put the RV in a Rental programme and it is paying off well.

I am in my RV pretty much for FREE.

1.5 summers and close to $30,000 in gross rentals for something in Canada runs from June to September, I have the winters in the Southern US all to myself if I want.

RV Rentals like rental tenants you need to interview and choose wisely and like to say I do. I turn down 3x the number of bookings because they sound like, look like they are going to trash my RV.

Rent your RV, make it pay for itself, think the UBER of the RV world. I am doing it is working, at least for now.

Cheers

I’m truly glad that works for you. But there is absolutely NO way I’d ever rent my RV to anyone! Not even to a friend. Too many ways things can go south.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:42 AM   #1022

Model: Compass 23TK
State: Indiana
THOR #10919
Battery switch relay

I have a 2018 TK Compass. When I turn the battery switch on and off I can hear the relay changing states. For future reference, where is this relay located??
Old 05-23-2019, 12:46 AM   #1023

Model: Compass 23TR
State: New York
THOR #8465
length of 23tr without slide extended

hello - i have an overnite parking issue on my street. rv in storage. does anyone know the length of the thor 23tr withOUT the slide being extended.
i read 23.5 in the specs, but dont know if that includes slide in or out. rv in storage, so cannot measure myself
Old 05-23-2019, 01:48 AM   #1024

State: Yukon
THOR #13409
23.5 with slide in.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:53 AM   #1025

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
I second the 23.5 feet slide in.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:31 PM   #1026

THOR #6701
recall CSP 19B03

So how many Ford Gemini and Compass owners received a recall for EGR temp sensors? I got mine today. I called as soon as I got the notice but my dealer had to order the parts. They said its about an hour job. The notice says 1/2 a day or longer.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:43 PM   #1027

THOR #13409
Not yet but will keep an eye out for it. It shouldn't matter I'm in Canada - but we may be slower (no jokes about that!) Our chassis is a 2018 Ford - so maybe that may affect things too.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:08 AM   #1028

Model: Gemini
State: Nova Scotia
THOR #12276
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongrant View Post
Not yet but will keep an eye out for it. It shouldn't matter I'm in Canada - but we may be slower (no jokes about that!) Our chassis is a 2018 Ford - so maybe that may affect things too.
I have not received anything yet either and I am also in Canada.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:10 AM   #1029

Model: Gemini
State: Nova Scotia
THOR #12276
Quote:
Nor have I . Also in Canada, albeit on the opposite coast as Yukonjack.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #1030

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I looked at the Ford recall website and its for up to 2016 Transit models. Mine is 2017
Coveman2
Old 05-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #1031

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
That explains no recall for me...2018 Compass on 2017 Ford chassis!
Old 05-26-2019, 01:15 AM   #1032

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Not sure if you've solved this yet. But a suggestion - check your fridge propane exhaust. I had something similar many years ago and it was rust that fell off and blocked the exhaust.
UPDATE: My fridge started working mid-trip! I'm home now. Thanks for your suggestion yukongrant. I could not see much looking up the exhaust vent and did not actually get on the roof to look down;-)
But... tapping around, multiple changes in "mode" (auto to LP and back and forth), putting in a new 30amp fuse and moving the RV altogether (drove to get ice to keep the fridge cold in the short term) ---something must have worked. The next morning I found had a working fridge. So maybe something in the exhaust or an air bubble in the LP line that lasted through numerous "starts" shook loose or it was a controller/electrical problem. (I had the controller replaced under warranty at about 6-months-- controller "eyebrow" is sure to be expensive and I called from my campsite the dealership could not have fit me in until late July;-). Specifically, I hope that my next trip doesn't have me trying to figure this out again! Nancy
Old 05-26-2019, 10:35 PM   #1033

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coveman2 View Post
I looked at the Ford recall website and its for up to 2016 Transit models. Mine is 2017
Coveman2
Have an appointment May 29th, at the "local" Ford truck dealer to have the EGR "Customer Satisfaction Program" repair done on my 2016 Transit. The dealer's service writer was initially a bit confused since this is not a "normal" recall bulletin. I called them for an appointment the day I received it in the mail and don't believe they were even aware of it yet.

Whatever they call it, Ford is fixing it for free and all I have to do is drive just a bit north of Tampa to Gator Ford. A nice 150 mile round trip! They also did the recall for the trailer module about a year ago. I'll possibly take a walk over to Lazy Days RV next door and do some window shopping to pass the time.

I'll pass along the report of what was done next week.

Paul
Old 05-26-2019, 10:55 PM   #1034

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul N View Post
The dealer's service writer was initially a bit confused since this is not a "normal" recall bulletin. I called them for an appointment the day I received it in the mail and don't believe they were even aware of it yet.

Paul
I had about the same results. The dealer didn't have knowledge about it until I called. But then there are not a lot of the Transit Diesels around. I don't think it is an option in the van.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:38 PM   #1035

THOR #13409
This forum is fantastic. We learn about recall advisories before the dealers! Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:52 PM   #1036

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
So how many Ford Gemini and Compass owners received a recall for EGR temp sensors? I got mine today. I called as soon as I got the notice but my dealer had to order the parts. They said its about an hour job. The notice says 1/2 a day or longer.
I have a 2017 Thor Gemini on a 2016 Ford Transit chassis. I received my recall notice this past Saturday.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:54 AM   #1037

State: Arizona
THOR #13926
Running boards installed on my 23TB

I purchased these online from cyclevan.com
I installed these as instructed and found that they were very easy to install.
I like the looks of these vs the DeeZee brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181203_163820.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	17687   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181203_163824.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	17688  

Old 05-28-2019, 01:49 AM   #1038

State: Ontario
THOR #14621
Yet Another Newbie

I have been following this forum for a few months and find it both informative and entertaining. Just picked up our 2019 Gemini 23TR this month. In the process of outfitting it and getting ready for our first trip.

Look forward to using the MH and watching this thread.

Big Wheel
Old 05-28-2019, 11:16 AM   #1039

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipmsp View Post
I purchased these online from cyclevan.com
I installed these as instructed and found that they were very easy to install.
I like the looks of these vs the DeeZee brand.
Wow, those look great, lipmsp! Nice find! Would you happen to have a make or model number? Was there drilling involved in the installation? Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-28-2019, 04:40 PM   #1040

State: Arizona
THOR #13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC54 View Post
Wow, those look great, lipmsp! Nice find! Would you happen to have a make or model number? Was there drilling involved in the installation? Thanks for sharing!

Yes, there is drilling, but the process is well laid out and all screws and items are included with the step kit

They are listed on their web site under Ford Transit running boards and they have a small variety of styles. Easy to find!

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall