Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2019, 02:42 AM   #1101

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptworld View Post
How do you all clean the outside of the skylight when
you are on the Road? We have been on the road for over 60 days and done a couple coin cleaning but never get the Skylight bug free. We do not travel with a ladder.
I carry a long handled brush. Its long enough to reach most of the window and as a back up I just leave the blind closed.

Old 06-18-2019, 04:15 AM   #1102

THOR #11917
I like plan B!
Old 06-18-2019, 04:26 AM   #1103

State: Arizona
THOR #13161
Drip Tray

[QUOTE=mountainsam;188313]I am trying to send the picture but having trouble. Is this what you are referring too?

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1560825573[/QUOTE

Yes that is the tray, would you mind taking a picture of the left side where the hole for the drain is from the top and bottom.

Thank you!
Old 06-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #1104

THOR #6701
Here are a couple pics if they send. I have a pic of the top, bottom and the cup where the hose terminates in the back of the fridge

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3144.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	18266Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3143.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	18267Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3142.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	18268
Old 06-19-2019, 01:31 AM   #1105

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4392
Unhappy Question on cable (RG6) Wiring on Gemini 23TR

Does anyone know where the 3 to 1 splitter is located on a 2017 Gemini 23TR (Ford Transit).

I am having a noise problem with the Gemini when using a Cisco 271HD Digital Transport Adapter (DTA), required by Spectrum/Charter Cable for unscrambling their digital cable.

When the DTA is connected directly to the cable input of the Thor Gemini, there is too much noise for the DTA to receive a cable signal.

I want to replace the 3 to 1 splitter, but can't find it.
Both myself and the Charter Cable Technician have looked behind the TV, behind the Cable/Ant switch, under the drawers, under the Microwave, by the battery case and by the Power converter but can't find the splitter.

I call Thor Customer Support and they don't have a diagram of the RG6 cabling in the Gemini and don't know exactly where the splitter is.

I really don't want to drill a new cable input in the fiberglass wall or have to snake a cable from the campground cable input post through an open bedroom window.

Can anyone help?
Old 06-19-2019, 01:34 AM   #1106

State: Arizona
THOR #13161
Mountainsam, Thank you that definitely gives me something to work with
Old 06-19-2019, 01:35 AM   #1107

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcassidy View Post
Does anyone know where the 3 to 1 splitter is located on a 2017 Gemini 23TR (Ford Transit). snip
Mine is in the cupboard above the fridge. Nancy
Old 06-19-2019, 02:57 AM   #1108

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Water Backup

Has anyone drained the sink and had the water bubbled up in the shower as it is happening to us.
On a 2 month trip to Alaska .
Also a shout out to Boundary Ford in Lloyminister for fixing a problem when we were passing through, great service and friendly people
Coveman2
Old 06-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #1109

THOR #4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
Mine is in the cupboard above the fridge. Nancy
Is it behind the faux wood paneling?
Could you provide a picture?

The only thing I can find in the cupboard above the fridge is the Cable/ANT switch which only connects 2 of the three tv's, so there has to be another RG6 cable splitter somewhere else.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:03 PM   #1110

State: Quebec
THOR #8496
I have the Carefree Latitude awning that self retract under windy condition. I seldom use my awning but this weekend I discovered that it will not stay open.
After deploying the awning, it will close automatically after 1 to 3 minutes. There were no wind, nor rain to cause motion of any kind.
The awning is operated by Lippert OneControl touch panel.
Is there something wrong with the awning (sensor) or is it a "programming" problem or something else?
Anyone experience this situation with their 2018 Gemini?
Old 06-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #1111

THOR #5922
Quote:
Is it behind the faux wood paneling?
Could you provide a picture?

The only thing I can find in the cupboard above the fridge is the Cable/ANT switch which only connects 2 of the three tv's, so there has to be another RG6 cable splitter somewhere else.
]
Mine is right inside mounted on back wall with antenna switch on left wall -- as you look in. The splitter in mounted upside down (not my photos;-) Nancy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20190620_10_12_57_Pro.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	18332   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20190620_10_13_36_Pro.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	18333  

Old 06-21-2019, 12:15 AM   #1112

THOR #8496
I am looking at removing the TV over the door but seems I can figure out how to remove it from the rack, pretty tight space behind this TV.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #1113

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Texas
THOR #7972
TV removal

Both the inside tv's in mine use the same mount. The back tv is a little easier to see how the release works. There's two latches that must be released together. Removing the tv was one of the first things I figured out to fix a rattle.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:03 PM   #1114

THOR #8496
Thanks vfrhugh, I will have a go at it. I want to remove the tv above the door. Had a quick look behind it and looks like spaghetti, cables are all over the place.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #1115

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Yesterday I had the latest recall done. Took 45 minutes. They replaced an EGRT sensor. In the process the warranty duration was increased for a “cooler”? I’m not up to these new systems but I still have my timing light, vintage 1963
hello,
took my gemini in to have recently egrt recall work done. was told it would be 5.9 hour job. left it at dealer over weekend , got a call late monday morning saying, previous recalls taken care of ,but, egrt will not be done untill malfunction occurred on computer, meaning they can read code and repair.
anybody have rebuttal's.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:35 AM   #1116

THOR #4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
Mine is right inside mounted on back wall with antenna switch on left wall -- as you look in. The splitter in mounted upside down (not my photos;-) Nancy
Hi Nancy, Thanks for the picture. What you have above your refrigerator is the same configuration as what I have;

On the left is TV/Antenna switch:
(which has three coax cables inputs, one from the roof mounted antenna, one from the bedroom cable TV and one to the TV in the main dining room).

In the center is the HDMI switch, which links the HDMI input from the Jensen Stereo to the individual TV's.

In my Thor I have three TV's; Bedroom TV has a black cable, The Living Room TV has a gray cable and the outside TV has a white cable.

Somewhere there has to be a device like this installed on the coach to split the cable signal from the input on the left side of the Thor to the individual TV's.

What I am looking for this the location of that device.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:13 AM   #1117

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkirk View Post
hello,
took my gemini in to have recently egrt recall work done. was told it would be 5.9 hour job. left it at dealer over weekend , got a call late monday morning saying, previous recalls taken care of ,but, egrt will not be done untill malfunction occurred on computer, meaning they can read code and repair.
anybody have rebuttal's.
That’s interesting. My ford dealer, which is a “Ford Truck Center” ordered the parts for the recall, called me when they received them and did the repair while I waited. Same with all other recalls.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:08 AM   #1118

THOR #5922
Quote:
Hi Nancy, Thanks for the picture. What you have above your refrigerator is the same configuration as what I have; snip....

What I am looking for this the location of that device.
Sorry, I couldn't help. I imagine that will be a problem to find inside the walls. Nancy
Old 06-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #1119

Model: 23 TR
State: Florida
THOR #10954
Has anyone experienced Ford warning light engine and engine miss fire message? Our camper @ ford for week now. EGR value being replaced today. Has had issues long drives @ 95 degree temperature when this has happened. Power goes way down as well.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:47 AM   #1120

Model: Gemini 24TX
State: Washington
THOR #11845
Axxera Radio Removal

Has anyone with a Mercedes Sprinter chassis class C had to remove their Axxera dash radio. I need to pull mine out so I can see if the antenna is connected on the back of the radio. I’m guessing not since my FM reception is terrible and Am not good either. There is an antenna mounted on the roof on the drivers side but I have read elsewhere it is a common issue of it not being connected! Saw one post that there was not even an antenna wire connected at the antenna end! In any event not sure how the radio is removed? Do you need to remove a large part of the center trim panels to gain access. Not obvious how all the plastic comes apart.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall