Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2019, 01:36 PM   #1121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
2018 THOR Siesta 24 SS

I don't know how to remove the radio but I have been having issues with my MB Sprinter rims. I have a 2018 THOR Siesta have had to replace two rims. I went on a 13 state 6700 mile trip and when I returned home had a flat front passenger tire. The rim was leaking air from a weld point and had to be replaced. Two weeks later I went to Tombstone (500 miles each way) and when I got home the inside right rear tire had the same issue with air leaking from a weld point. I had to replace that rim. I called my mh dealership and they had not heard of any issues with the MB Sprinter rims leaking air. I then called my local mb dealership and was told the same thing. Anyone else out there having issues with mb rims leaking air?

Old 07-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #1122

Model: Gemini
State: Arizona
THOR #12178
Does anyone have a solution for the A/C condensation drip right above the side door?
Old 07-01-2019, 08:18 PM   #1123

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
there have been a few solutions to that problem ranging from gluing a small rail (for lack of a better word) to act as a gutter to send condensate rearward to keeping the RV slightly off level so water will run away from door area.

I do think there was also a forum member that came up with a gutter he made from a piece of PVC pipe.

I think any small rubber such as door seal could be used to keep water from running in that area. Glue or Caulk it in place.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:57 AM   #1124

THOR #6701
Gemini/Compass tire sizes

May I ask what size tires your Compass or Gemini came with. Most specs I have seen state 205/75R16 or even up to 225/75R16. My 23TR came with 195/75R16. When it comes time to replace them I am thinking about going with the taller 215/75R16. The issue is how much that will throw off my speedometer and are the speedometers programable to adjust for larger tires. A few years ago I spent a couple months locating the proper speedometer gear for the transmission of my 57 Ford to correct the speedometer after a rear end change. Any ideas on the subject would be appreciated.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:10 AM   #1125

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
My 2019 Compass (2018 Ford chassis) came with 195/75R16 tires. The speedometer seems close to what those speed signs show - maybe 1 or 2 km/hr slower.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #1126

State: Texas
THOR #7972
23TR Jack Knife couch question

Anyone replace the couch foam in their 23TR? Replacing the whole couch with recliners isn’t a good solution for me. The existing seat foam is uncomfortable after a short while. I’ve found several suppliers for replacement high density foam. A full jack knife replacement would be great but the odd 64” width isn’t available. I’ll probably try it but was wondering if I’m the only one to go through the process.
Hugh
Old 07-10-2019, 03:23 AM   #1127

THOR #6701
Have given thought to upgrading the cushions but haven’t researched it in a while. For me it would be recliners but we don’t use the couch for sleeping. I did run into some high density foam but it was pricy. I was planning on upgrading our 5th wheel benches a few years ago. DW suggested some out door cushions and they made a big difference.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:21 AM   #1128

Model: Gemini 24TF
THOR #14026
Deedeenew - I have the TF with the full slide dinette and the fold up bed. Everything is accessible, but the back is tight. Also, the bed is not usable when the slide is in. I am in the process of removing the bed frame to save weight and make the bed area usable with the slide in. The other issue we have noticed is that the coach leans to the driver side even with the slide in, so park that side up hill some or level a bit high. That slide is heavy and so is the bed frame.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #1129

THOR #16005
New 2019 Thor Compass 24TF Owner

I will be taking possession of a 2019 Thor Compass 24TF tomorrow and I'm a new RV owner. I do have a couple questions about taking possession of a RV that has been on the lot as long as the one I purchased was. It has under 2000 miles on it and I'm the first owner, so it must have been on the lot awhile. Is there anything special I should focus on during the inspection when I pick it up? Will the dealership have kept current with any of the recalls? I know that cars that have been idle for over a year need to have certain things gone over to get them ready for the road but I just don't know enough about the systems of a RV to know what to pay particular attention to. I've made it 23 pages through the forum so far but I hadn't seen this question asked and I wanted to make sure I asked it before I did the pickup.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #1130

THOR #13926
New 24TF Deliverey

Congrats on your new purchase.
The mileage on you unit is the distance from manufacturer in Indiana to California. Your new vehicle warranty will start the day you take delivery and the mileage when you take delivery.
Your dealer will walk you thru all aspects of the unit. I am sure you will enjoy it!
Old 07-15-2019, 08:59 PM   #1131

THOR #6701
You have asked a loaded question. The best thing for you to do is record the pdi and plan on spending lots of time, so when they tell you to come in at 4 to pick it up delay until the following morning. You want as much time as you need to understand every system. As far as having 2000 miles on it that would be no worry for my at all. As far as recalls go, check with ford or Mercedes which ever one built the cab. If it’s Ford try to find a Ford truck center. They have lifts big enough to service your rig. When we bought ours It had 3000 miles so I requested an oil change not knowing how hard it was driven and the dealership did it free of charge.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig. Don’t be a stranger.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:22 PM   #1132

State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Welcome to the forums Khuzad. Hope you enjoy your new rig.
I found Ed Felker's Vegas/Axis manual (and this forum) as my best resources when I was picking up our new Compass this spring. The motorhomes are not the same - but the concepts are. You can find the latest version at https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiYx6DLSeiiPgYBSfmvPhwGsR_0TkQ
There's a Pre Delivery Inspection checklist that's outstanding. I followed it. Took me about 4 hours to go through everything. I second Mountainsam's suggestion to have the oil changed. And pay special attention to the coach (house) batteries. Dealers don't maintain them very well. Mine looked good - but I should have put some load on them because they were garbage. Am now trying to get some compensation but am not sure.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:55 AM   #1133

THOR #16005
Thanks guys for the feedback and suggestions. I've very excited to pick it up tomorrow but I will make sure to be very thorough in the inspection. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #1134

State: Ontario
THOR #14621
1st Trip

Well some of you asked me to give you feedback after my first trip with the 2019 Gemini 23TR on a 2018 Ford chassis. Here it is.

The wife and I, and her boyfriend (4 legs, furry 11 months old), stayed at a place outside of Algonquin Park in Central Ontario. Beautiful place, mosquitos that travelled in packs, black flies that laughed at you when you swatted them!

Vehicle runs well. Don't be fooled by the diesel pumps at gas stations. If you're not paying attention you'll pull up to a pump and not check and try to fit the nozzle into the tank. The nozzle was for large trucks. After I changed my clothes and wrapped the soaked ones in a garbage bag we continued to the campground.

Set up at the campsite was fairly quick. We developed a checklist and it worked with some mods from this trip. The list included checking overhead and around slides and awning as well as getting the RV as level as possible.

The intelligent surge suppressor that we used did its job. The water regulator and filter were great. However the kink free hose that the dealer provide kinked. Go figure! The 15k A/C unit was great as the temperature was over 33C (I believe in the 90'sF) with high humidity. Putting out the awning redirected the condensation away from the door. In hindsight I should have opened the sewage connection before leaving the driveway. It would have been easier to open at the campsite.

I have to say that all of the systems worked well. Even though the DVD player connection came loose. Of course we looked for the most obvious issue first. After taking the TV in the bedroom off of the wall and tightened all of the connections, well you know how it goes.

The beds were comfortable, the plumbing worked, the electrical worked, everything was just fine.

The wife's favourite appliance, after the A/C, was the coffee maker.

When we got home we took half of the items that we packed into the RV off. Figured out that we didn't need to truck the house with us.

One of our big challenges was finding a BBQ that would fit in the storage locker and that could be modified to work with the provided low pressure outlet. We got that one right. 3rd BBQ was the charm.

Anyways, I believe that I have bored you all enough. Thanks to all for the all of the info in this forum. It has been fantastically informative and helpful.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #1135

THOR #14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khuzad View Post
I will be taking possession of a 2019 Thor Compass 24TF tomorrow and I'm a new RV owner. I do have a couple questions about taking possession of a RV that has been on the lot as long as the one I purchased was. It has under 2000 miles on it and I'm the first owner, so it must have been on the lot awhile. Is there anything special I should focus on during the inspection when I pick it up? Will the dealership have kept current with any of the recalls? I know that cars that have been idle for over a year need to have certain things gone over to get them ready for the road but I just don't know enough about the systems of a RV to know what to pay particular attention to. I've made it 23 pages through the forum so far but I hadn't seen this question asked and I wanted to make sure I asked it before I did the pickup.
Hi Khuzad!

We just finished our first trip in our '19TR. Go through all of the pages in this forum and take notes for your review of the RV and creating a punch list.

You may already know this; if you go to the Thor Motorcoach website there is an owners section. You use your chassis VIN number and create an account. This will take you to all of the manuals for your coach. There are also some videos that are helpful in the list.

I have downloaded all of the manuals to a tablet that I carry in the RV. Great resource.

Get out there enjoy and have fun!
Old 07-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #1136

State: New York
THOR #8465
two questions TV & low pressure & shade

How do you remove the tv from the bedroom wall? They didn't plugin our HDMI (either).

What is this "... provided low pressure outlet ..." you mention?

Does anyone know how to remove a bedroom window shade without taking off the valance? It feels like there are two clips you press, but I can't get it to release.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #1137

THOR #14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kennedy View Post
How do you remove the tv from the bedroom wall? They didn't plugin our HDMI (either).

What is this "... provided low pressure outlet ..." you mention?

Does anyone know how to remove a bedroom window shade without taking off the valance? It feels like there are two clips you press, but I can't get it to release.

Thanks in advance.
I am absolutely no expert but here goes:

The propane system on the RV has a pressure regulator inline at the tank. The hose/outlet that is provided for your bbq is attached to the regulator. The regulator reduces the pressure for appliances. All of the small bbq's that I looked at had pressure regulators either built in to the bbq or as part of the hose that you attach the bbq to the propane tank. We have tried to run a bbq with 2 regulators in line and it just doesn't work.

The bbq we purchased came with a hose that had the regulator in the hose. I was able to purchase another hose without a regulator that had the quick disconnect. Job done.

Now the TV. Take a flashlight and look behind the right side of the TV. You will see a flip latch. The left side has a similar latch. Now if your arms are tree trunks like mine, you will wiggle your hands in so that your fingers are on the latches at the bottom pushing away from the wall. This is the only way for me to get my hands out! The TV will not fall when released as it the upper section is sitting on the wall the mount. The just lift the TV straight up and off. The lines attaching the TV are short. Have someone around to help.

Replacing the TV is as simple as hanging the TV on the wall mount from the attachments on the TV and then pushing the bottom to the wall so that the latches re-engage.

Blinds - I had the dealer adjust all of mine as they didn't all retract and a couple of the valences were not fully attached. I find that the people on the help line at Thor are very helpful.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:57 PM   #1138

THOR #16005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wheel View Post
Hi Khuzad!

I have downloaded all of the manuals to a tablet that I carry in the RV. Great resource.

Get out there enjoy and have fun!
That is a great idea. I'm going to do that.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:51 PM   #1139

THOR #6701
Great review BigWheel, Happy to hear a great first outing. As for the fuel pumps I know the large semi nozzles don't work but in other cases the normal auto size have an issue with proper fit by not going into the neck deep enough to open the flapper. Thor included an adapter to help with that. I have only needed it once in 16,000 miles.

How did you get a 15K A/C? Was that a special order?
Old 07-16-2019, 11:04 PM   #1140

THOR #14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Great review BigWheel, Happy to hear a great first outing. As for the fuel pumps I know the large semi nozzles don't work but in other cases the normal auto size have an issue with proper fit by not going into the neck deep enough to open the flapper. Thor included an adapter to help with that. I have only needed it once in 16,000 miles.

How did you get a 15K A/C? Was that a special order?
That little funnel is a standard from Ford. I have them in all of my cars. Don’t know if the other manufacturer’s provide them. I just wasn’t paying attention. If I was I would have noticed the other diesel pumps with the small truck nozzles for diesel. Anyways, another life experience.

As for the A/C. Our Gemini was a dealer stock unit and it appears that the dealer ordered the 15K A/C unit as an option. I did spend time going through the ducts and cleaning out the styrofoam and making sure that there was air flow to all of the ducts.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall