Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2019, 04:13 AM   #1141

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #13161
Toad

Finally broke down and hooked up my toad

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeepintow.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	19042

Old 07-21-2019, 02:13 PM   #1142

Model: Compass TR
State: Virginia
THOR #13747
Toad envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vngaspar View Post
Finally broke down and hooked up my toad

Attachment 19042
Please let us know how the Transit performs at highway speeds while towing. I would love the freedom that comes with an escape pod.

That is a very nice setup!
Old 07-22-2019, 11:48 PM   #1143

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
That looks like a pretty heavy toad. I also will be waiting for a review. I have been considering an old CJ.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:10 PM   #1144

THOR #6701
Its hard to find a toad light enough for the RUVs that can be towed 4 down. Trailers just add more weight to the mix. I'm hoping for a good results with vngasparJeep. As for the Transit dropping to the smaller engine I think toads will be out of the question with the new models but I'll be watching.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:23 PM   #1145
CWS

Model: Sequence 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #3629
Has anyone had trouble with the slide out awning on the Gemini 24TF breaking the right end cap??
Old 07-27-2019, 12:36 AM   #1146

State: Arizona
THOR #13161
Compass and Toad

I have clocked a short 40 mile run, transit can hold 70mph no problem on the flats, Coach has more sway than I like when I tow, my initial thoughts are that I will add some helper springs in the rear, couple freeway transitions held 50mph, but front felt a little light. I am thinking of going with a combination of https://timbren.com/blog/products-page/frtr350hd/ and https://activesuspension.com/product...d-transit-350/
Probably start with the timbren

Also make sure that you are running some type of aux brake for your toad, I run the RVIBrake3 and it works perfect for my toad, I had to set it for a big suv
so that it would increase the brake pedal pressure, those 35" tires require a little extra pressure.

If a jeep is your preference a YJ or an XJ 2DR might be a better choice, I am also considering a 01-07 Escape or a Geo/Suzuki Tracker
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	toad0_LI.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	19218   Click image for larger version

Name:	toad2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	19219  

Old 07-29-2019, 02:59 PM   #1147

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Ok, so here's a horrific situation regarding fuel nozzle.
Left Eau Clair Wis. Last week, 6am in morning. Stopped at BP in the middle of nowhere. The flap on the fuel tank inlet , didn't seem to want to open. Stupid me decided to just jam it in as hard as I could. It went in , but seemed to go deeper than usual. Filled tank. Tried to take nozzle out. No way it was coming out. Seems flap wedged onto wire spring that's wrapped around nozzle. Had to call BP service technician to come out. While waiting I disassembled nozzle from pump handle. Then had to remove entire plastic hinge assembly cover. Broke a few parts doing that. Then was able to break tabs on green flap nozzle inlet and remove green cap. Technician said he never saw a problem like this before. Was able to reassemble,less broken parts. So now , it's a matter of ordering new parts, and chewing out a few people who had nothing to do with it.
Anybody else had issues with green fuel cap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wheel View Post
That little funnel is a standard from Ford. I have them in all of my cars. Don’t know if the other manufacturer’s provide them. I just wasn’t paying attention. If I was I would have noticed the other diesel pumps with the small truck nozzles for diesel. Anyways, another life experience.

As for the A/C. Our Gemini was a dealer stock unit and it appears that the dealer ordered the 15K A/C unit as an option. I did spend time going through the ducts and cleaning out the styrofoam and making sure that there was air flow to all of the ducts.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:54 PM   #1148

THOR #6701
There are some pump nozzles for autos that just don't go deep enough into the neck of the Transit to push open the valve, that's what the plastic nozzle adaptor is for. I had one issue a year ago with a nozzle not wanting to go into the neck. Took a couple minutes to realize what the nozzle adaptor was for. Now the nozzle adaptor resides in a sealed baggie in the drivers door for easy grab. I think we posted about it then but it's been some time ago.

Sorry to hear about the damage.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:10 PM   #1149

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Fiberglass Damage

Just wanting to share

We recently had an incident where our lawn service ran into the back of the Compass. See photo. Not sure how it happened but the front wheel pillar on the lawnmower, (a zero turn type of stand on mower), struck the right rear. Just under $1,300 to repair. The lawn service's insurance is covering it.

Point is - a very small crunch can run into large numbers.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Compass Damage.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	19354  
Old 08-02-2019, 07:36 PM   #1150

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul N View Post
Just wanting to share

We recently had an incident where our lawn service ran into the back of the Compass. See photo. Not sure how it happened but the front wheel pillar on the lawnmower, (a zero turn type of stand on mower), struck the right rear. Just under $1,300 to repair. The lawn service's insurance is covering it.

Point is - a very small crunch can run into large numbers.

Paul
Thanks Paul for bringing this up.
It is a good idea to make sure contractors working on your property have adequate insurance to cover any damage done.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:17 PM   #1151

Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
Recliner

My wife and I decided to replace the love seat in my 2017 Compass 24TX, the MB model, with this recliner. This has been one of the best upgrades we have made.

https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charles-58-double-rv-wall-hugger-recliner-sofa-in-cloth/
Old 08-02-2019, 10:53 PM   #1152

THOR #6701
Awesome, I assume they fit in pretty easily?. You may want to post your couch in case someone has to replace theirs due to fabric failure.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #1153

State: Quebec
THOR #8496
Caveman2 on a prior post on your upgrades, you were mentionning a «*shower dam*». Could you provide more details on this system? Pictures maybe?
This could reduce my «*shower anxiety syndrome*» each time someone uses the shower. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #1154

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
23TR Rear Decal Problem

Anyone with a 23TR have an issue with the decal on the rear slide. The clear areas of our decal mildewed and cracked. It looked VERY nasty so we removed it. Thor sent us a new decal but I'm not sure I want to put it on if it is going to do the same thing again. Plan on getting a quote to refinish the rear slide to remove the shadow of the old decal. All other decals are fine. No issues at all.

Paul
Old 08-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #1155

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post

.....cut.... As for the Transit dropping to the smaller engine I think toads will be out of the question with the new models but I'll be watching.
The new Transit will have available higher GVWR and GCWR. However, I don’t know if higher GCWR will be available with new 2.0L diesel or if it requires more powerful EcoBoost. I’m not aware of engine versus GCWR mix or availability yet.

We also don’t know which engine Thor will use, and whether they will build a heavier motorhome on higher GVWR. If they do, it will leave less for toad. I expect 4-door Jeep Wrangler exceeds GCWR on existing Transit 3.2L diesel chassis.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #1156

Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Awesome, I assume they fit in pretty easily?. You may want to post your couch in case someone has to replace theirs due to fabric failure.
The recliner breaks down into 4 pieces making it easy to get inside. Next time I pick up the RV from the storage lot, I'll try to remember to take some photos.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:08 PM   #1157

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Wondering if any 23TR owners out there might be able to help me with a question...

I was trying to track down a loud rattling noise that comes from the generator exhaust pipe when I happened to look at the rear mud flaps. The mud flaps are held sandwiched between the sides of a U shaped bracket, and secured with a single bolt and a nylon lock nut. The bolt was completely missing on one side, and I was able to remove the other one with my bare hands (so I’m thinking that the missing bolt just worked its way loose and fell out on the road).

So here is my question...I’m about to replace the bolts with stainless steel bolts and washers, using Loctite, and I’m wondering if I should leave some play in it, or tighten the nut down?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
Old 08-07-2019, 05:18 PM   #1158

Model: Compass 23TK
State: Indiana
THOR #10919
awnings

Any suggestions on what to use to clean brown stains off of the bottom side of an awning? Probably from some moisture that was trapped when it was rolled up.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:12 PM   #1159

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis123 View Post
Any suggestions on what to use to clean brown stains off of the bottom side of an awning? Probably from some moisture that was trapped when it was rolled up.
Haven’t tried it, but a friend swears by Mr Clean Magic Eraser to remove stains from the awning...
Old 08-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #1160

State: North Carolina
THOR #16277
Friends used our Gemini to go from NC to Grand Canyon etc. very hot(of course) but they fitted the windows with reflectix and they said the unit was quite comfortable

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall