Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2016, 03:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Going on 7 weeks in the shop

Yep, it finially caught up to me I guess. I was under my coach checking things out, and I noticed hydralic oil leaking from all of the jacks. So, I took pictures and called for an appointment, I was pretty lucky as I got in within two weeks. I was then told he would assign it as ASAP, wow, sure would hate to see how long it would take not ASAP. First, it took 5 weeks to varify the problem just to send to Thor, so now it's been two weeks waiting for Thor to authorize the fix, that is where I'm still sitting, Once they authorize it, then the dealer will order the parts, they tell me 4 to 6 weeks for that, then about 3 days to replace the lines and whatever else is needed.

I understand that over 29,000 RV of one type or another have been sold this year alone and no facilities to do warrenty work as been added in several years. It shows, my dealer is now turning people away for warrenty work, except those that bought from them. It's only getting worse. Luckily I can do everything they have done myself, it just that it is on warranty and I want it documented.

But it sure is hard to miss the whole summer use of the coach. Hope I get it by October as that is the next planned away.

If it's any consolidation to me anyway, this is the first major problem I've had. Funny thing is I had been showing them this sense the first time I drove it, but at that time it was just oil running down the yellow lines and I was told it's new we'll tighten it up and it will be OK, NOT.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:07 PM   #2

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Just out of curiosity -- is this a Camping World dealership?
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Here is where I go back to the 20 day provision of the Thor warranty. If the repair is not made in 20 days you should be writing (not calling or emailing) Thor and putting them on notice.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:15 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Cool sounds like Camping World to me...

Our new Vegas 25.3 came completely loaded with an optional rain-leak that CW has not been able to find/repair. Out of frustration, I started speaking with a couple of very nice gentlemen at Thor who have been extremely forthcoming with information and help. When hubby and I brought it back to CW after 2 days of ownership, CW had told me that it would take "at least a month" for Thor to approve the warranty work and ship parts needed for our 'laundry-list' of nit-noid repairs needed. (At the time, they were pretty sure they could find and stop the rain leak also, but that has yet to happen.) I was outraged that a person can spend that type of money, essentially getting another mortgage!!!... and not be able to use their RV for at least a month. That's when I called Thor who assured me that the time-wait is NOT on them; they approve warranty repairs within 2 days and ship parts in the same time span.... He DID, however, tell me that this is an ongoing problem with CW, as understandably, they are quite busy in the spring and summer, but way understaffed in the service department. Proof-positive of this is the FACT that my CW service dept. rarely even answers their phone or messages.
The second gentleman I spoke with was even more of a fount of information, as he looked up my 'account' and read to me, word-for-word, what Thor had been billed for on Warranty. Wouldn't you know it, there were some pretty large service items on there, possibly with parts, that I can guarantee were not performed, nor even needed... not on MY RV, anyway. One billed item was for something beneath the coach that was reported to be 'dented' and needing R/R. When I spoke with CW service department, they had absolutely no knowledge of this "repair" and it was not even noted on our copy of the paperwork.
Sorry this rant is so long, but the long and short of it is that you should contact Thor directly. Put them on the stand with regards to the approval and shipping time that 'you've been told is on them'. They will contact your dealership/service dept. and make things right. Heck, my Thor guy even gave me his number to pass along to CW service dept. in case they needed parts; he would expedite them! (Either that, or they'd have a nice chat about the real bitchy customer who keeps bugging them...). At any rate, my last trip to CW repair was a very fast one.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:34 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
No it is not camping world believe it or not :0,

Dave, what do you mean "on notice"?